Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

<Bomb Squad> Giant Bomb community guild

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#201  Edited By finstern
    @gakon5: ah ok, I will pick up a card tomorrow and get the sub going :D thanks
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#202  Edited By jacksukeru

*Grumble* I wish I could play with you guys. Horde and PvE server would have been perfect too, since I've mostly rolled Alliance before and I'm so sick of dudes killing me because I suck. 

Stupid geographical differences.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#203  Edited By mike

I'm transferring my old 71 Warlock over to Ysera. I really hate you guy for making me do this, I'll have you know.

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By Korosuzo

Yeah we had a big burst of new people join the guild yesterday including me.  I think Dave had something to do with this as I saw his tweet about starting up WoW on this realm with fellow giantbombers.  Very active guild with friendly conversation which is hard to find in most guilds in this game.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By NathHaw

Guild has grown a lot since Dave joined.

FokisMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By FokisMoney

As a complete noob to the world of MMOs and WOW i can honestly say joining this guild was the best decision ever. I've gotten a lot of tips on how to play and a member basically tutored me for an hour, it makes the game SO much more enjoyable having good company to play with. I used to hear horror stories about MMO but man was i wrong, goodbye life, hello WoW.

FokisMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By FokisMoney
    @Br3adfan said:
    " Anyone got a character around level 10 that wants to quest together?  "
    i have an 11 troll hunter, if you dont mind questing with someone very very new to the game im up for it anytime im on
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#208  Edited By breadfan
    @FokisMoney: I don't mind at all. Look for Dharnax next time you're online.
    udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By udabenshen

This sounds like great fun.  I am going to be dipping my toes into WoW to check out the new Cataclysm stuff, so it will be cool to find some folks to do that with.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#210  Edited By Babble

How active is the guild these days? I'm thinking about getting back in and it would be nice to have some folks to play with, or even just to chat!

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Babble
    @gakon5 said:

" @Babble said:

" How active is the guild these days? I'm thinking about getting back in and it would be nice to have some folks to play with, or even just to chat! "
    It is very active now, with usually 8-12 people online at a time. "
    Well I might have to join you guys! I'm still debating whether to buy Cataclysm in order to be a Goblin, or to wait until I'd actually reach the 80+ content.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#213  Edited By mike
    @Babble: The Goblin stuff seems pretty awesome from what I've caught here and there. I would have bought Cataclysm already, but Goblins can't be Paladins, so I went Tauren.
    Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Tonyyj

I used to play quite a bit of WoW but I'm used to PvP servers, never set foot in PvE.. So I'm just guna ask how is it? Will I be missing the ganking and does it feel "carebear" in comparison lol, anyone who came from PvP with some insight would be awesome. 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Tonyyj said:
    " I used to play quite a bit of WoW but I'm used to PvP servers, never set foot in PvE.. So I'm just guna ask how is it? Will I be missing the ganking and does it feel "carebear" in comparison lol, anyone who came from PvP with some insight would be awesome.  "
    I used to play on a pvp server and in my opinion pve is much better. Sure it was fun killing people half your level or tracking down a random person questing near you but I find reading the quest text, exploring the new land, and never worrying about being jumped is much better.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Babble
    @MB said:
    " @Babble: The Goblin stuff seems pretty awesome from what I've caught here and there. I would have bought Cataclysm already, but Goblins can't be Paladins, so I went Tauren. "
    That was the main draw for me. For now I think I'll give the new zones a go without buying Cataclysm. I don't want to spend $40 to find out MMOs aren't my thing any more.
    snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#217  Edited By snide
    @Tonyyj said:
    " I used to play quite a bit of WoW but I'm used to PvP servers, never set foot in PvE.. So I'm just guna ask how is it? Will I be missing the ganking and does it feel "carebear" in comparison lol, anyone who came from PvP with some insight would be awesome.  "
    I've played mostly PVP servers. There's no real difference other than the lack of random world PVP. It's a little bit more laid back, but the quality of players remains mostly the same. 

@Babble said:
    " How active is the guild these days? I'm thinking about getting back in and it would be nice to have some folks to play with, or even just to chat! "
    I'm pretty committed to leveling a main here. The entire guild is made up of GB dudes which means it's pretty friendly. Most of us are starting new characters so it's a good time to join the guild, lots of random achievement pop-ups :)
    Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#218  Edited By Moonshadow101

Probably going to make a character and join next week once my finals are over. If it goes well, might ship a higher level over from my main server. Looking forward to playing with you folks!

JMartNWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#219  Edited By JMartNWA

I haven't played in over a year... Cataclysm has me rethinking everything.  How many of you guys are rolling new characters?  I had thought maybe giving a Goblin Lock a whirl... any thoughts?  My main is a 46 Blood Elf Rogue.  If there's a bunch of peeps playing and I can relearn from vets what all is going on - you might have me spending 39.99 in the next few minutes.  I have two finals this week but I'm ready for them. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined as Thedocktor. Still trying to decide if this is the character I want to play but so far seems really awesome.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Barrock
    @JMartNWA said:
    " I haven't played in over a year... Cataclysm has me rethinking everything.  How many of you guys are rolling new characters?  I had thought maybe giving a Goblin Lock a whirl... any thoughts?  My main is a 46 Blood Elf Rogue.  If there's a bunch of peeps playing and I can relearn from vets what all is going on - you might have me spending 39.99 in the next few minutes.  I have two finals this week but I'm ready for them.  "
    Pretty much everyone is rolling new characters. We ran RFK tonight as a group and got the guild achievement. They retooled the way they teach you to play with new pop up tips and such. Easy as ever to get in and have fun.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#222  Edited By Chris2KLee

Nice! Been meaning to make a goblin Char, Now I know what server to do it on.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By EmuLeader

I quit 4 years ago, but all the recent stuff has me wanting to check it out.  Just don't have the time or money. 

P.S. Horde all the way (especially undead)!!

lasershock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By lasershock

Shame it's on an American realm.

TheVelourFog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By TheVelourFog

I joined tonight with my newly made character, Shiftyvoodoo. We did a run of RFC.  Seems like a nice crowd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to rejoin the Bomb Squad!

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Tonyyj
    @snide: Alright thanks, guess I have no choice. I'm mainly wanting to play again to experience the new 1-60 quests so I hopefully won't miss the ganking too much.
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#228  Edited By MachoFantastico

Sounds interesting, sadly when I play I play on European servers. 

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#229  Edited By avantegardener

On that note, any love for your European brothers, I might consider 'going back' if I there was a fun guild to join.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Awwww, PVE? I was ever going to play on a US server (I live in Australia) just to play with you guys. :( 

Can someone make a PVP one?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#231  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Heh wish I had an US account for this. Being a Lobster in Star Trek Online was quite a highlight for me.

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

Just made a new goblin mage, name of Quazzar.  I'll be around.

Nurve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Nurve

Wish it wasn't eastern :[

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By snide
    @Eneko said:
    " Wish it wasn't eastern :[ "
    A lot of us are from all over. I'm west coast obviously.
    Nurve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Nurve
    @snide said:
    " @Eneko said:
    A lot of us are from all over. I'm west coast obviously. "
    My main is on an eastern server. Sometimes my ping is in the 200s and I find it difficult to schedule raid times. This guild seems pretty laid back  though, I've been meaning to make an orc warrior
    Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a cool, laid back group. I rolled a Goblin Priest named Godred or Gordred. Something like that. 

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By The_Dude

At work, can't stop thinking about the damn game!

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By The_Dude

Aw man, we have to get down on that !

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By snide

No Caption Provided

Still messing with my UI a bit, but it's starting to feel very giant bomb / hordey. I'll likely open up photoshop over next weekend and create some custom skins themed to the guild. Once that's up I'll post some more screenshots and how tos. I use that bottom right blank area for combat text and the vehicle buttons. In any case, we're up to 130 or so members and gaining daily. If you ever thought about rejoining WoW it's a good time to start since pretty much all of us are leveling up from scratch.
    sdornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By sdornan
    @gakon5 said:
    " The War Games mode Blizzard developers had mentioned over the summer is finally happening.  This feature will allow premade teams of the same faction to organize unranked Battleground or Arena matches against each other.  This has potential for us as a guild. "
    Sweet!
    Tegris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Tegris
    Thanks to Demokk, Istabthings, Nitrospark and Shiftyvoodoo for some efficient WC and VC runs tonight, and for getting some guild achievements! 

@snide said:
    No Caption Provided
    Still messing with my UI a bit, but it's starting to feel very giant bomb / hordey. I'll likely open up photoshop over next weekend and create some custom skins themed to the guild. Once that's up I'll post some more screenshots and how tos. I use that bottom right blank area for combat text and the vehicle buttons. In any case, we're up to 130 or so members and gaining daily. If you ever thought about rejoining WoW it's a good time to start since pretty much all of us are leveling up from scratch. "

Nice stuff Dave. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of blacking out a section of the screen, but maybe that's because my laptop screen is 1280x800 and space is more of a concern. I'm rolling with the default UI at the moment, but at some point in the near future I'll spend a couple of hours making something a bit more usable.

I used to be way into UI stuff (back around TBC)... I should have some screenshots of old UIs hanging around, so I'll post them when I get the chance.

@Eneko said:

" @snide said:

" @Eneko said:
    My main is on an eastern server. Sometimes my ping is in the 200s and I find it difficult to schedule raid times. This guild seems pretty laid back  though, I've been meaning to make an orc warrior "
    It's probably worth pointing out that there are no servers located in Oceania, so all Australian and New Zealand players (including myself) have a ping of at least 250, no matter what server we play on. It's not that big a deal.
    Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Anderson

Just rolled a Tauren Druid named Logorth.  I'll try to find someone online to join.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Barrock
    @Tegris said:
    " Thanks to Demokk, Istabthings, Nitrospark and Shiftyvoodoo for some efficient WC and VC runs tonight, and for getting some guild achievements! 

@snide said:
    No Caption Provided
    Still messing with my UI a bit, but it's starting to feel very giant bomb / hordey. I'll likely open up photoshop over next weekend and create some custom skins themed to the guild. Once that's up I'll post some more screenshots and how tos. I use that bottom right blank area for combat text and the vehicle buttons. In any case, we're up to 130 or so members and gaining daily. If you ever thought about rejoining WoW it's a good time to start since pretty much all of us are leveling up from scratch. "

Nice stuff Dave. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of blacking out a section of the screen, but maybe that's because my laptop screen is 1280x800 and space is more of a concern. I'm rolling with the default UI at the moment, but at some point in the near future I'll spend a couple of hours making something a bit more usable.

I used to be way into UI stuff (back around TBC)... I should have some screenshots of old UIs hanging around, so I'll post them when I get the chance.

@Eneko said:

" @snide said:

" @Eneko said:
    My main is on an eastern server. Sometimes my ping is in the 200s and I find it difficult to schedule raid times. This guild seems pretty laid back  though, I've been meaning to make an orc warrior "
    It's probably worth pointing out that there are no servers located in Oceania, so all Australian and New Zealand players (including myself) have a ping of at least 250, no matter what server we play on. It's not that big a deal. "
    Istabthings is me. :D Had a ton of fun tonight.
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

I'm seriously considering moving my 80 BElf mage over... 

EDIT:  Yeah I'm gonna do it.  Name is Erisena.

LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

This is dumb.  Why do they need a cap and lower limit on XP contributed?  Didn't they add the first so they wouldn't need the second?

sdornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By sdornan

Weekly maintenance. :( 

What am I supposed to do!??!

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Cataphract1014

Once I finish my dailies up on my warrior, I'm gonna make a goblin on the server!

tesson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By tesson

Nitrospark here! Doing some more guild runs tonight. Hopefully see ya there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.