Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Death Knight Advanced Guide: Would you read it if I wrote one?

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaddProdigy
    ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ShadowofIntent

I think you might have left out an option.....

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Yes, include stuff like rotations, tanking, etc if you can por favor

I want to start tanking when I get to the Cata content so I need to be prepared! Only 2 levels away from 80!

...and I start WoW less than 3 weeks ago.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @ShadowofIntent: I'd totally read that means "Yes." or more specifically "Yes, I don't know who you are but I would be interested in an advanced Death Knight guide because I play a DK and would like to get better." 

What's a DK means "No." 

I think I got the bases covered but help me out...
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

It would've been nice to have a 'Yes' or 'No' option. Rather than a 'Hell Yeah' and 'Clueless.'

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @FlamingHobo: I guess but I think they work as Yes and No too...I more care about people saying yes anyway haha, people saying no won't be hurt if I do :P
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Bones8677

Who are you? And why should I care about reading your guide? 

These are questions that you should answer in your first post. Not a half-thought out poll.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus
    @MaddProdigy: No. I know all too well what a Death Knight is. I hate Death Knights. As a warrior tank, it pisses me off SO much when shitty garbage useless deathknub DPS drags down a group in a heroic, then rolls on my tank gear when it drops. FUCK Death Knights.
    tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By tekmojo

No one likes Death Knights.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By melcene

After raiding with my priest, pally, and warlock pre-Cata, I recently started playing with my frost DK that I made way back when.  Back when I had made her, I had made her to be a dual wielding dps machine.  I mean, there are talents in the frost tree for dual wield!  Then I found out that frost was actually a tanky spec. But now frost really is a dps spec and I've been having a blast with it.   

Am I doing it wrong?  Could be.  I've never wiped any groups.  Never gotten anyone killed.  Only pull aggro when the tank really sucks and just regular melee pulls off him, or if he's not paying attention to the mobs that went after ranged. 

Honestly though I've been scared to try to DK tank.  I've tanked to 80 and ICC.  But I find the thought of DK tanking, sans shield, just too wierd for me.

Nurve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nurve
    @melcene said:

" After raiding with my priest, pally, and warlock pre-Cata, I recently started playing with my frost DK that I made way back when.  Back when I had made her, I had made her to be a dual wielding dps machine.  I mean, there are talents in the frost tree for dual wield!  Then I found out that frost was actually a tanky spec. But now frost really is a dps spec and I've been having a blast with it.    Am I doing it wrong?  Could be.  I've never wiped any groups.  Never gotten anyone killed.  Only pull aggro when the tank really sucks and just regular melee pulls off him, or if he's not paying attention to the mobs that went after ranged.  Honestly though I've been scared to try to DK tank.  I've tanked to 80 and ICC.  But I find the thought of DK tanking, sans shield, just too wierd for me. "

Back then DKs could tank/dps in any tree, DW Frost was one of the best mdps (I played one) so no, you weren't doing it wrong :p
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By jacksukeru
    @tekmojo said:
    " No one likes Death Knights. "
    That's just because all Death Knights are dicks.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By melcene
    @RockmanBionics said:
    " @tekmojo said:
    " No one likes Death Knights. "
    That's just because all Death Knights are dicks. "
    I think it's more because the majority of Death Knights used to be deathknubs as someone else in this thread called them. 

It was like... people who played DKs were noobs to the game who were playing on their friend's account.  Srsly, it always seemed like "this is my friend's account" or "my boyfriend let me play on his account <airhead giggle and hair twirl>" Their friend obviously had a 60+ toon, and told their noob buddy "just go ahead and make a toon on any server but this one."  So what does noob friend do?  Make a DK on YOUR server. 

Coming across a GOOD dk was so rare.  Going into dungeons or heroics, there was nearly an audible groan when a DK joined.
    Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Rehehelly
    @melcene: I was a DK in WotLK cos I couldn't be bothered to level my rogue up to 80 (I was bored of the playstyle) so I played DK. 

I loved how they could DPS well and still take hits and it made leveling a fuckton more fun for me. When I was in groups for heroics and raids I was always in the top 5 DPS (normally top in 5 man hcs unless there was a mage).  

Death Knights are awesome.  

OT: No I wouldn't since elitist jerks pretty much has the DK stuff down.  
    I should stop posting in WoW topics when i'm trying to avoid getting cata and playing again. 
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @melcene: Nah you weren't doing it wrong, Frost dps tore it up in wotlk and was solid for tanking too, all the trees were. Also I agree with what you say about some people dislike death knights, wotlk blood spec made it the easiest class to level by far, and tons of people who couldn't get past 60 while playing other races just started up a DK, ground it out to 80, then ditched the old toon and jumped into content. But the vast majority shouldn't get labeled like that, from what I saw up until ICC dropped DK's were among the top 3 (if not the best) dps classes, if you played them right. 

Also, Tanking is pretty sweet on a DK, at least I like it. You shouldn't be sketched out about trying every aspect of the class, and all you gotta do is drop aoe and spread diseases, piece of cake. 

@Rehehelly:
     Dude you like Deadmau5 and WOW, I like your taste in shit haha. Yeah like I said about I think Blood DK was one of the top (and most fun) leveling classes in wotlk up until around Ulduar. Yeah I agree EJ has the game pretty much on lock, that's where I learned some of the theorycrafting I use, but the WOW forums on GB don't seem like the kind of place a lot of pros who dedicate hours to math would kick it, no offense to the homies. 

Yo and new Blood is still fuckin sweet, you should try out some WoW again....just one hour man, it couldn't hurt...peer pressure yo, don't you wanna be...well not cool per se, but yo, do it....
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Evilsbane
    @MaddProdigy:  If you feel you have some real knowledge on the class than drop that shit on me.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IBurningStar

As long as you know what you are talking about then I say go ahead and do it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By jakob187

Absolutely! 

Also, good luck with the guide system on Giant Bomb.  It's been broke as shit for a while.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By ethan_raiden

I'll probarbly stick with elitisterks.com for any info I need for my class.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By Davvyk

Id read it because from what little ive read Death Knights sound vastly different

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Robo

Sure. I generally read a bunch of guides and use them as...guides to figure things out on my own...um...obviously.
    But yeah I played the hell out of my DK back in Lich King, it's tough getting back into it now after over a year off. So much is different now. Not to mention I was a tank before and now I'm exploring DPS before getting back into that "fun" stuff.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Pinworm45

Pinworms guide to DK: 

5 4 3 2 2 repeat 2 as possible, hit 4 and 3 when your debuffs end. 

Boom. 

As for my serious answer, go for it if you'll enjoy it, I'm sure some people will make use of it, but It's kind of pointless IMO. There's already so many guides everywhere that it seems like a waste of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.