Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Hunters & Autoshot, WTF?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

Perhaps if there are any hunters here on GB that can explain to me... WTF is with hunters since Cata?  Doesn't seem to matter what level, how much experience.  It seems like maybe there was some change to autoshot.  But I can't get through a single day without a hunter pulling some other group of mobs we weren't engaging yet because either they clicked or tabbed somewhere.  And it's not always during combat.  It's also been shortly after combat.  I'm wondering if autoshot is taking longer to disengage than it used to?  All I know us hunters are starting to be the huntards we used to call them.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By floodiastus

Hmm my GF does this alot, I just scold her for being a bad hunter. If this is true it makes me well deserving of shame.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I've seen this a few times when I was running the new heroics, we usually lay into them pretty hard to watch what they're doing- because if they fuck it up again, they'll be waiting in another 40 minute queue.

penfold01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By penfold01
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By melcene

Ah, thanks for the link.  That does certainly explain it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Hehheh, "huntards," takes me back it does.

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tyashki

Its gonna be even worse when the next patch comes and we can autoshot while moving. The easiest way a hunter can stop themselves from these shots going off is to move. 

I'm going to have to bind escape to 1.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By lazyturtle
    @penfold01: Well crap...that makes me feel a lot better..
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shirogane

Wow, really? How did Blizzard screw that one up. I think i'll reconsider making a hunter then.... 

Reminds me of this bug sometime last month when the game randomly put you into combat for no reason. Screwed up my stealthing badly.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60
    @TooWalrus said:
    " I've seen this a few times when I was running the new heroics, we usually lay into them pretty hard to watch what they're doing- because if they fuck it up again, they'll be waiting in another 40 minute queue. "
    You yell at people and threaten to boot them because of a bug?
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Gilsham

have also had this happen with dk's and shamans instant spells just as something dies it auto targets another mob not in combat and shoots them it is a pain in the ass

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    @CL60 said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    " I've seen this a few times when I was running the new heroics, we usually lay into them pretty hard to watch what they're doing- because if they fuck it up again, they'll be waiting in another 40 minute queue. "
    You yell at people and threaten to boot them because of a bug? "
    Oh yeah, if the hunter doesn't know auto-shot is bugged, and adjusts his play style to get the hell away from the rest of the mobs after combat, while we get mana back, they're so gone after they kill us twice. I think that's reasonable. 
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By IBurningStar
    @CL60 said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    You yell at people and threaten to boot them because of a bug? "
    He is super pro, yo. Don't question it.

If someone pulls another group right after we finish killing another I always respond with a simple, "Please don't pull." It has been happening with hunters a lot and most of them have apologized right away. However, if they are being impatient dicks then they will quickly get the boot. And if I can't boot them, then I just stand back and do nothing. Besides remind them of the old law of if you pull it, you get to tank it. 

Now that I know it is bugged I will keep that in mind while grouping with hunters.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus
    @IBurningStar: You just said the same thing I did, you give them a warning, then boot them. I'm not 'super pro', I don't even play anymore, don't be like that.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeriouslyNow

This is bound to piss off a lot of women in WoW.  That wasn't a sexist remark btw, it's just that I've noticed that a lot of my female friends and their female friends roll as hunters.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By IBurningStar
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @IBurningStar: You just said the same thing I did, you give them a warning, then boot them. I'm not 'super pro', I don't even play anymore, don't be like that. "
    Only I don't lay into them.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By melcene
    @SeriouslyNow: I dunno... I can only think of two female hunters that I've known over the years I've played, but a fair amount of guys on female toons playing hunters. 

Anyways, I heard a rumor yesterday that this was fixed in a hotfix like 2 weeks ago.  I don't know that I believe it though because I still see it happen regularly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.