Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Just got into WoW

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheDrifter

yeah, the action figures are freaking awesome and I will be doing the trial in Feb when Cataclysm comes out. 

So who else plays WoW? Favorite Class? Race? Etc

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheDrifter

No one lol

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I'll probably get into it again next year when the new expansion comes out.  I left my Blood Elf Affliction Warlock at level 76 the last time I played.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By alsnuts2

I just started myself this summer. I am really enjoying it, All i can say is make sure you do the Recruit A Friend Bonus cause I got 2 toons to lvl 60 in 3 months.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Coombs

As someone who has sunk WAY to much time into WoW, And just recently broke my addiction (for the second time)
    I feel I must say  GET OUT, GET OUT NOW!!!  That game will steal your soul.

Now that that is said,
    I played as a Hunter level 80, Paladin level 80, and Mage level 72
    With my favorite class as Holy Paladin
    All of which were on the same server, On the Horde side because there are WAY to many 12 year olds on alliance side
    Though Horde does have its fair share of 12 year olds to.

But seriously, Get away before its to late,
    That game is like crack, the more you use it the more you want it.  IT WILL CONSUME YOU.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im on a break from WoW until Cata comes out. I have various 80's and various 70+ toons. Check my achievements for specifics if you are interested.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rjayb89

Play in moderation, bro.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've never really been a "hardcore" player of the game but very recently I've felt myself getting sucked back in. Sadly I can't let myself get too lost in the World of Warcraft until the Christmas holidays when I've handed in all my university assignments. I've had a great time with my level 48 human mage in the last few days though.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheDrifter
    @Coombs said:
    On the Horde side because there are WAY to many 12 year olds on alliance side
    Thank you. 

Last time I did a trial a year ago, I hated the game for this reason. Granted, I'm 14, I hate the idiots on Alliance.

Horde people actually help you instead of annoying little brats who pester you for 100 dollars to get 100 gold and then ignore you when you need help. But with Cataclysm coming out, I feel I need to give WoW a second chance in Feb.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 71Ranchero

The Horde/Alliance age groups are actually far exaggerated. Horde players are just as immature, they just go about it with there noses stuck up into the air. 

You get the same idiocy on either side of the coin. Thats the price you pay for playing the most popular game in the world. Just find a good guild ON EITHER SIDE and turn off the city chat.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Coombs
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Play in moderation, bro. "
    Easier said than done lol,
    At low levels moderation is easy enough but once you get in a good guild and start raiding endgame content
    there is alot of pressure to be putting in the time, And thats when it consumes you,
    Anyone with a 9.5 Geared 80 can attest to that.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89
    @Coombs: For everyone involved - just say no.  Unless it's summertime, then play without hesitation.  =P
    alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alsnuts2
    @Atramentous said:
    " The Horde/Alliance age groups are actually far exaggerated. Horde players are just as immature, they just go about it with there noses stuck up into the air.  You get the same idiocy on either side of the coin. Thats the price you pay for playing the most popular game in the world. Just find a good guild ON EITHER SIDE and turn off the city chat. "
    This 

I have toons on both sides and I see no difference except that the Hordies think they are hot shit.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I played for a while. Went on Alliance the first time and it sucked...then I went to horde and got in this awesome guild. Best people I've ever met online in an MMO.

Level 40 Blood Elf Hunter.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kohe321

Wow is awesome, and I have never had problems with "playing it in moderation". I am playing it casually now with friends waiting for the next expansion, at which time we'll start playing a lot more again. 

But yeah, as already stated: finding a good guild makes it more fun.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

I played a Human Mage. I was a big-time serious raider back in high school, during the Burning Crucade times. I leveled him to 80 when Lich King first came out, but haven't done much since, seeing as I've got a job and college classes that take up my evening time. I played a Warrior and Mage seriously, and I've had more fun with the Mage personally, it's my favorite class. When the new expansion comes out, me and my bud are going to start playing again. We're going to be Worgen Druids, one will heal and the other will DPS/Tank through the new content. Should be a blast.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Burns098356GX

I played since about 2006, played a Warrior tank in original WoW, then about 3 months into BC I switched to Paladin and have been using that as a main ever since. Raided pretty hard, was about half way through Naxx when BC hit, just got into Sunwell when LK hit. I recently quit (again), hopeing this time I don't go back. Its a fun game, lots of things to occupy your time, but after 4 years of playing its got very stagnant to me. They can add all the new raids they want, its the same game play as it was 4 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ Burns098356GX WoW is a completely different game from what it was 4 years ago.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i envy you guyz

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By nanikore
    @Burns098356GX said:
    "They can add all the new raids they want, its the same game play as it was 4 years ago. "
    The mechanics are almost the same, but leveling is at least 3-4 times faster now than it was when WoW first came out. Goddamn leveling was a pain in the ass then.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaPirate

I've never got into WoW - i have a really addictive personality, had to shut myself from EVE online after a year because it was eating me, i fear what would happen if i started WoW - but all this talk lately of the expansion makes it sound so cool =(

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @nanikore said:
    " @Burns098356GX said:
    "They can add all the new raids they want, its the same game play as it was 4 years ago. "
    The mechanics are almost the same, but leveling is at least 3-4 times faster now than it was when WoW first came out. Goddamn leveling was a pain in the ass then. "
    Ya, I remember my first 60 took me about 3 months to level. Now 1-80 maybe takes 1-2 months. It's still a pain, even with XP-bonus items.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust

I got out last November after playing for two solid years.  I started out as a human mage I took to level 70, but my real love was a blood elf Holy Paladin I left at level 80.  I hope SW:TOR is out before or close to Cataclysm because I really don't want to reactivate my old account when the expansion drops.  I really enjoyed WoW, but I am all WoW'd out for the foreseeable future.

EDIT:  The only difference between both sides I saw was the likelihood to win in Battlegrounds.  On my server, Alli won most AV games while Horde took most WS matches.  The others were split and I didn't do too many of the LK one.   Personality-wise, since most people have characters on both sides, I ran into the same generous and likable people as well as the same assholes no matter which character of mine I chose to play.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By ToxicFruit

I played like a mad man with my Blood elf paladin1-70, took a Loooong time, Then i got into a raid guild and did my share of that. It was a great experience.  quit then got a little into the wotlk then I quit again. don't think I will be going back.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By guiseppe

I think I'm done with WoW for good, but I absolutely loved when I played. I mainly played a Night Elf Restoration Druid (NERD, get it?). She was all pimped out and stuff for Vanilla WoW and TBC but I lost interest and she's not even level 80 now.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDrifter

So I just found out Cataclysm does'nt come out in Feb but rather in October or something along those lines. I feel I should do the trial now instead of waiting a year to see if I like it. thoughts?

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cap123

i got a tauren warrior up to lvl 68, then i stopped. It was cool at the time, but even with Lich king content keeping me going i just don't think the games for me. It's strange, i love games with loot, mmorpgs have always sucked me in if i get a good crowd around me, but i just didn't feel it as much with Wow. A few friends kept me going that far but other games came out so i stopped playing. Might start again some time though, i was just starting to look awesome.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#28  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm a human destruction warlock.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I did, but I had to quit. Watch out man that game will consume your life. Also, I was a dwarf hunter with a large beard.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Happy

I wouldn't wait for Cataclysm. It could be while. Patch 3.3 is coming out next week most likely. That would be a decent time to start a trial. The patch is bringing cross-server dungeon groups, which means it might actually be possible to run the sub-80 instances while you level.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheDrifter

Started the trial today.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rjayb89

Yay, Blizzard offered me a 7-day trial to get back into WoW!  Those devious bastards.  Just in time for the holidays!  Why I oughta...

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bones8677

The next expansion will likely come out in 2010, but as far as the actual month, no one knows, not even Blizzard. 

My guess is, it'll be late summer when it will be released only because the next patch, 3.3 will be the last patch for Wrath of the Lich King.  

Blizzard has said this numerous times. So with the patch being released before the end of the year, it would behoove Blizzard to release the next expansion as soon as possible, otherwise players aren't going to have much to do, once they've beaten (or gotten sick of) the content.

If players have to wait months and months for new content, then you're gonna see active accounts take a sharp dive, as players await for new content. 

I've been playing for 3 years now, and have just recently stop my subscription, mostly because money is tight right now, and there are so many other great games out right now. Plus I haven't been playing a lot anyway, so I'll just be waiting for Cataclysm, then I might return.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#34  Edited By Symphony
    @Atramentous said:
    " The Horde/Alliance age groups are actually far exaggerated. Horde players are just as immature, they just go about it with there noses stuck up into the air.  You get the same idiocy on either side of the coin. Thats the price you pay for playing the most popular game in the world. Just find a good guild ON EITHER SIDE and turn off the city chat. "
    QFT  

Stop perpetuating the Alliance hate! 

I played a level 1 Tauren druid. I retired her after 40 of us successfully raided Hogger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.