Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

''Launcher cannot obtain patching information.''

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I am trying to launch World of Warcraft but it comes up  ''Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your internet configuration.'' Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it? 

Thanks.

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vamino

Okay.. So I know you're Australian, which ISP are you with? 

Both my friend and I are having this issue, he's on iinet and I'm with Westnet (which uses iiNet's infrastructure). 

If you're with either of them, or someone else who piggybacks on iinet, then I THINK it's to do with them losing some connection redundancy's with the flooding in QLD. 

Edit: Linky

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Vamino said:
    " Okay.. So I know you're Australian, which ISP are you with?  Both my friend and I are having this issue, he's on iinet and I'm with Westnet (which uses iiNet's infrastructure).  If you're with either of them, or someone else who piggybacks on iinet, then I THINK it's to do with them losing some connection redundancy's with the flooding in QLD. "
    I'm with Optus (Don't hurt me, T__T) but I wasn't having this problem today, when did it start for you?
    Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vamino

Hm.. Optus might be using some of the same connections or some such.. Not sure. It's also possible it's somehow related to the current WoW downtime, but I've never had this happen with downtime before. Only started today for me.. This evening when I went to fire up the launcher I got that message. If it's somehow a downtime issue, should resolve itself once servers are back up. If it's actually an issue with ISP's trying to make the connection outside of the country and being unable to, then it's up to them to fix it. If it's also related to the flooding then that could be some time indeed.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pinworm45

Just throwing it out there, but their servers are down and a patch is probably in the works. Maybe their patch server is just down?  

Else, I'd run the repair tool in the WoW folder, just to be sure, even if it turns out to be an ISP related issue. Other than that, just wait I guess. Check again when the servers are back up

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pinworm45

I just checked, and I'm getting the same issue. It's because of the maitenence. Check back in a few hours.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Vamino said:
    " Hm.. Optus might be using some of the same connections or some such.. Not sure. It's also possible it's somehow related to the current WoW downtime, but I've never had this happen with downtime before. Only started today for me.. This evening when I went to fire up the launcher I got that message. If it's somehow a downtime issue, should resolve itself once servers are back up. If it's actually an issue with ISP's trying to make the connection outside of the country and being unable to, then it's up to them to fix it. If it's also related to the flooding then that could be some time indeed. "
    So if it were the floods it would be happening in Melbourne also? I guess we just have to wait it out?
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

yah wait till maintenance is over,  I'm also getting these errors as well.

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vamino

It may well just be the maintenance (though I guess part of me assumed the worst). I figured if it was a maintenance and everyone was getting it then the wow forums would be chock full of posts about it (they weren't when I checked) which made me think it was more local possibly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.