Patch 4.1 on the PTR

#1 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

This morning, probably, Patch 4.1 was released on the Public Test Realm.  Although there's nothing yet on the raid set in the Firelands (the elemental plane of fire) discussed at Blizzcon, we know now that there will be two heroic 5-mans based on classic raids: Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman.  And indeed, some of the rare mounts from those dungeons will be back.  These dungeons will drop item level 353 loot, which is between heroic 5-man and normal raid in quality.  Also omg epix in 5mans oh the agony. Some notable new milestone-based achievements include completing 2500 daily quests, earning 30,000 gold from quest rewards, collecting 125 companion pets, and eating 100 different types of food. As for class changes, there isn't much at the moment. 

Catch it all at MMO Champion.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Is the Amani warbear coming back, or just the tiger/raptor?

#3 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" Is the Amani warbear coming back, or just the tiger/raptor? "
The Taiwanese blue poster seemed to confirm that the Warbear would be coming back.  However, all of these mounts will look different from the original mounts that are no longer available.
#4 Posted by Tlieso (18 posts) -

125 companion pets?! I didn't know there were that many available.

#5 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -
@gakon5 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" Is the Amani warbear coming back, or just the tiger/raptor? "
The Taiwanese blue poster seemed to confirm that the Warbear would be coming back.  However, all of these mounts will look different from the original mounts that are no longer available. "
Such as, there won't be a tiger, there will be a panther instead, and the raptor will now be armored.  No word yet on exactly what the war bear will be like, if it is in fact coming back (though it did sound as if they're bringing it back).  Though mmo-champion does list an amani dragonhawk on the new mount list that, if real, will probably come from ZA as well.
#6 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

BREAKING NEWS Y'ALL 

There will be no new raid instance in Patch 4.1, the rationale being that most guilds aren't quite finished with the current raid tier.  The tradeoff is that the dev team will likely be releasing more 4.x patches in this expansion's lifecycle, but not all of them will contain raid instances. 

I'm still curious to know if the next raid tier will have more than one dungeon, though.  They've said they wanted to go back to the Burning Crusade model of 2 or so dungeons per tier, but all we've been hearing about is the Firelands raid.

#7 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

To be fair, they did say patch 4.2 is coming soon after 4.1 so I don't see it being that much of a problem. :)

Hell, I've never been in a Cata raid yet.

#8 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
@Sitoxity said:
" To be fair, they did say patch 4.2 is coming soon after 4.1 so I don't see it being that much of a problem. :)  Hell, I've never been in a Cata raid yet. "
As someone in a guild that's only three bosses in to this tier, I certainly don't mind the extra time we've been afforded.
#9 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -
@gakon5: Hey, we have dropped 4 thank you very much.
#10 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
@Thrawnkkar said:
" @gakon5: Hey, we have dropped 4 thank you very much. "
Indeed, but that post predates the defeat of Maloriak. 

Nothing stops the Bomb Squad it would seem.
#11 Posted by LibraryDues (343 posts) -

No, you're both wrong!  Argaloth has also fallen to our might!

Guess he'll be strapping it on..... IN HELL

#12 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

Patch 4.1 looks pretty crazy! 

It seems like every single class is getting a buff of some sort except for Paladins losing Word of Glory. I've heard from friends on the PTR that PVP is the most balanced it's been in a long time, anyone who keeps a character there that can confirm? 

As for the lack of a new raid, that's disappointing. I have a lot of time to invest so my guild's half way through heroic 10 mans, so something new would be awesome. After months and months it feels like a grind, and back in Wotlk Naxx became the most epic 1 night clearing grind ever. Hope Blackwing/BoT don't end up like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.