Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Retired player w/ 85 dwarf pally looking to get back into raids

Avatar image for michaelfossbakk
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By michaelfossbakk

Hey everyone. I've been thinking about jumping back into World of Warcraft again as I will have more time to play games over the summer and wondered if there is anyone looking for an 85 Dwarf holy paladin for end-game. I also have an 85 Dranei, elemental shaman, but prefer to play my paladin. I saw that the Bomb Squad has a horde guild, but I don't want to spend the extra cash on faction/server changes just yet. Let me know!

Thrawnkkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Thrawnkkar

We in the bomb squad would love to have yah but like you said we are a horde guild. You could always make a toon on our server and see if you like us. :p

Good luck.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

I think you'd probably have more luck if you just jumped into trade chat on your server.

That being said, best of luck to you.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

Recovering crack addict with bag full of crack looking to get back into crack

Thrawnkkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Thrawnkkar

The crack is some real good shit now though.

michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @thehexeditor said:
    " Recovering crack addict with bag full of crack looking to get back into crack "
    Ha ha!
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By melcene

Didn't they just implement that new guild finder thingie in patch 4.1?  

I don't play anymore either, but I still kinda keep up on that stuff.  But I don't know anyone who's really used it yet.
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By michaelfossbakk

I think I'm just feeling nostalgic over my first raiding guild from The Burning Crusade. I loved those guys and I want that feeling again. I never met most of them in real life but damnit, I loved raiding with them.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blueduck
    @michaelfossbakk said:
    " I think I'm just feeling nostalgic over my first raiding guild from The Burning Crusade. I loved those guys and I want that feeling again. I never met most of them in real life but damnit, I loved raiding with them. "
    You should just stay away that feeling will not come back. Wow is not what is used to be.
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amomjc
    @blueduck said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    " I think I'm just feeling nostalgic over my first raiding guild from The Burning Crusade. I loved those guys and I want that feeling again. I never met most of them in real life but damnit, I loved raiding with them. "
    You should just stay away that feeling will not come back. Wow is not what is used to be. "
    WoW is exactly as it used to be with a little bit of watered-down difficulty and easy-access. Burning Crusade was a great expansion but if you have memories of raiding with fellow players, playing in Cataclysm isn't going to shy away from them.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@blueduck said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    You should just stay away that feeling will not come back. Wow is not what is used to be. "
    The feeling came back for me when I resubbed last month and leveled a Mage on the alliance side, stepping away from my Horde past and roots, no heirlooms, no gold.
    Felt very good.

Beyond that tho, WoW's dead as fuck to me, silly community still failing.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blueduck
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @blueduck said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    The feeling came back for me when I resubbed last month and leveled a Mage on the alliance side, stepping away from my Horde past and roots, no heirlooms, no gold.Felt very good.Beyond that tho, WoW's dead as fuck to me, silly community still failing. "
    Here is what Wow is now, a money farming machine for Blizzard to fund other projects with. I played at the start of Cata cleared all raid content on normal in around a month (in a guild of friends that was not hardcore by any means) got bored and we all quit. Blizzard still has yet to release another raid so at this point I'm thinking they're trying to see how long they can go before people realize they're being cheated and stop paying, then they will release it lol. How much money does Wow pull in versus how much content they put out, think about it!
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By amomjc
    @blueduck said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @blueduck said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    The feeling came back for me when I resubbed last month and leveled a Mage on the alliance side, stepping away from my Horde past and roots, no heirlooms, no gold.Felt very good.Beyond that tho, WoW's dead as fuck to me, silly community still failing. "
    Here is what Wow is now, a money farming machine for Blizzard to fund other projects with. I played at the start of Cata cleared all raid content on normal in around a month (in a guild of friends that was not hardcore by any means) got bored and we all quit. Blizzard still has yet to release another raid so at this point I'm thinking they're trying to see how long they can go before people realize they're being cheated and stop paying, then they will release it lol. How much money does Wow pull in versus how much content they put out, think about it! "
    That is just a ridiculous accusation. Sure, Blizzard is probably testing its waters with its content, but its no different than any other time in between content. They like to create well-balanced, strategic raids and dungeons, regardless of what high-itemlevel people want to think, and with that it takes time. I find it hard-pressed that you cleared all the content within a month with a "Non-hardcore" group near launch when most content was only touched by the big-boy guilds, but I don't feel like battling that.

Note: I quit WoW after playing a little into Cataclysm. My love for the game stands tall, unlike everyone who falls into the prescribed hate for it when they leave. I left due to time constraints, because casual or not, the game does still take a load of time to really enjoy.
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @csoup: Didn't mean to send this as a PM. What do you mean by "playing in Cataclysm isn't going to shy away from them."?

@TaliciaDragonsong: So you loved getting back into the game, but you didn't like the other players?

@blueduck: I stopped playing in WotLK because the atmosphere was far too different and I didn't like the changes that were made to paladins and shamans. That being said, I did really enjoy doing random heroics in Cataclysm as my holy paladin (my favorite toon) and want more of that.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Enigma777

I thought this was some kind of kinky sexual thing from the title. I leave disappointed... 

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amomjc
    @michaelfossbakk said:
    " @csoup: Didn't mean to send this as a PM. What do you mean by "playing in Cataclysm isn't going to shy away from them."?

@TaliciaDragonsong: So you loved getting back into the game, but you didn't like the other players?

@blueduck: I stopped playing in WotLK because the atmosphere was far too different and I didn't like the changes that were made to paladins and shamans. That being said, I did really enjoy doing random heroics in Cataclysm as my holy paladin (my favorite toon) and want more of that. "
    Sorry, my word play sucks when im tired :P I mean't that wishing to relive your Burning Crusade dreams in Cataclysm is completely doable. There are a lot of "old vets" and such that will tell you that Cataclysm is breaking WoW due to its ease, but I found a properly geared raid will find the challenges that WoW put forth for them to be what they should be. Too many people start to whine when a dungeon gets easier as they gear up, WHICH IS THE POINT.
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @Enigma777: Ha ha! I don't know how you deduced that, but your humor is appreciated.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blueduck
    @csoup said:
    " @blueduck said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @blueduck said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    Here is what Wow is now, a money farming machine for Blizzard to fund other projects with. I played at the start of Cata cleared all raid content on normal in around a month (in a guild of friends that was not hardcore by any means) got bored and we all quit. Blizzard still has yet to release another raid so at this point I'm thinking they're trying to see how long they can go before people realize they're being cheated and stop paying, then they will release it lol. How much money does Wow pull in versus how much content they put out, think about it! "
    That is just a ridiculous accusation. Sure, Blizzard is probably testing its waters with its content, but its no different than any other time in between content. They like to create well-balanced, strategic raids and dungeons, regardless of what high-itemlevel people want to think, and with that it takes time. I find it hard-pressed that you cleared all the content within a month with a "Non-hardcore" group near launch when most content was only touched by the big-boy guilds, but I don't feel like battling that.Note: I quit WoW after playing a little into Cataclysm. My love for the game stands tall, unlike everyone who falls into the prescribed hate for it when they leave. I left due to time constraints, because casual or not, the game does still take a load of time to really enjoy. "
    Nope, my friends (IRL friends) started a 10man and we raided about 2hours 2-3 nights a week and killed it all, the difference is we knew how to play our classes. 

@michaelfossbakk said:

@blueduck: I stopped playing in WotLK because the atmosphere was far too different and I didn't like the changes that were made to paladins and shamans. That being said, I did really enjoy doing random heroics in Cataclysm as my holy paladin (my favorite toon) and want more of that. "
    The heroics are fun to heal (I played a holy priest) but if your a half decent player (if you raided in BC I would guess you are) you'll be tried of all the content within a month and a half.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blueduck
    @csoup said:
    " @michaelfossbakk said:
    " @csoup: Didn't mean to send this as a PM. What do you mean by "playing in Cataclysm isn't going to shy away from them."?

Sorry, my word play sucks when im tired :P I mean't that wishing to relive your Burning Crusade dreams in Cataclysm is completely doable. There are a lot of "old vets" and such that will tell you that Cataclysm is breaking WoW due to its ease, but I found a properly geared raid will find the challenges that WoW put forth for them to be what they should be. Too many people start to whine when a dungeon gets easier as they gear up, WHICH IS THE POINT. "
    I didn't see that many people at all complaining about ease in Cata (WOTLK hell yes that was a joke) and honestly the raids and heroics were great my problem comes from the fact that people who raid are way better at the game then before so average players clear content  way faster and yet they release content slower.
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @csoup: I can understand why Blizzard wanted to make things a little easier from a business point of view so that sits well with me and I fully realize that I am not the hardcore player I was in TBC. I used to play every day in TBC (granted that was high school and high school was a breeze), but played a lot less in Cataclysm due to my college courses requiring more of my time.

@blueduck:
    Sounds like a good thing to me. That means I only need to buy one pre-paid card! :)
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blueduck
    @michaelfossbakk said:

@blueduck:
    Sounds like a good thing to me. That means I only need to buy one pre-paid card! :) "
    Lol, yeah pretty much. 
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfossbakk said:

Ya, I loved leveling, I loved instances and battlegrounds, I enjoyed it all.
    Then I started doing instances and battlegrounds on 85 and got hit by the stupidity train again.
    The last week has been nothing but know it all's, egoistic players, rushers, afk'ers, the worst of the worst.

So I rerolled another alt!
    Long as I don't get bored of that, the game's lore/quests/lower level experience is still worth it for me.
    I never saw WoW as beginning on 85, on most of my characters I saw it as an ending, so much crap about nothing, ugh.
    michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @TaliciaDragonsong: Well PvP was never my thing, but I can deal with afkers by voting to kick them. Sure I have to wait for a replacement, but oh well. Life isn't perfect.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Marz

The patch yesterday put in a guild finder feature.   Give it a whirl and see what happens.

michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By michaelfossbakk
    @Marz: That means paying for a month at least just to try it out. I can make a trial account, but I wouldn't be able to search for guilds using my main toon.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfossbakk said:

" @TaliciaDragonsong: Well PvP was never my thing, but I can deal with afkers by voting to kick them. Sure I have to wait for a replacement, but oh well. Life isn't perfect. "

Oh sure, whenever someone in instances deserves  a kick for being afk or whatever these things happen:
    1) You cannot kick this player for another 2hr message...no clue why, happens all the time.
    2) You cannot kick during or shortly after combat...and since people chainpull and rush like fuck, there's rarely moments like these besides after bosses but that leads us to
    3) You cannot kick a person during loot rolls....and since he's afk the loot timers slowly tick to zero, add in any green drops that pop too with him not reacting on it...that's non stop timers going on.
    4) You manage to get the process going and the other 3 people somehow refuse/ignore the request/go mental on you for holding up the dungeon run.

No thanks, I'm done with people, the system is too easily avoided and I can have my instant dungeon queues with my cousin healing and myself tanking, dps is expendable.
    Either that or solo questing, but I prefer Lord of the Rings Online for that, which is free.
    WoW bores me every few months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.