Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Waiting for this to get into WoW...

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I really want to get into World of Warcraft and I am waiting for Cataclysm, do you guys think it is a good idea? I used to play WoW a bit but got bored start game at around level 25 but I hear that Cataclysm will make this all better. 

What do you think of the idea? I know nothing about Cataclysm so what is it all about and even after searching I can't find an actual release date. 

Thanks.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Milkman

You know a good place to look when you don't know something about a video game, like the release date? Giant Bomb dot com. Maybe you've heard of it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

If you got bored at level 25, Cataclysm wont fix that. All it does for a new player is change the old zones. So I don't see how going through the old zones that have changed would be more fun then going through them for the first time before the change.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By oatz

As someone who's played WoW since 2004 and is in the Cataclysm beta, it's basically World of Warcraft only much more polished with better quest, zone, lore and visual design. Starting areas and mechanics have been spruced up to make the first few levels more exciting.

Comes out December 7th.

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chronologist

Definitely. I gonna do the same probably. 

For good reasons, I haven't actually played Cata yet, but hearing from people in the beta and looking at the things they're changing it seems worthwhile.  
    Cata comes out on 7th of December.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Milkman said:
    " You know a good place to look when you don't know something about a video game, like the release date? Giant Bomb dot com. Maybe you've heard of it. "
    Ahh sarcasm, how I have missed you. xD 

I have seen multiple release dates on a few different sites so I was not sure which was right.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

I re-rolled a Rogue on a new PvP server and hit level 15 in a couple hours, just days ago.  

I got full intent to stick with WoW for a while, and I guess the reason I play is to thrill-kill, if you aren't into the PvP I dunno if going back would be worth it.  For me, the PvP was everything. 

Try out a trial and see if you like it?  Battle.net lets you make as many trial accounts as you want, I already got 2 trials and my main account.  

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @KaosAngel said:
    " I re-rolled a Rogue on a new PvP server and hit level 15 in a couple hours, just days ago.   I got full intent to stick with WoW for a while, and I guess the reason I play is to thrill-kill, if you aren't into the PvP I dunno if going back would be worth it.  For me, the PvP was everything.  Try out a trial and see if you like it?  Battle.net lets you make as many trial accounts as you want, I already got 2 trials and my main account.   "
    Curiously, why didn't you start with Cataclysm? 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @NekuSakuraba: FFXIV hurt me so bad, I needed to get back into WoW.   

Plus, I was strongly missing the feeling of ganking some lowbie.  It feels good man, turning on stealth, seeing a beautiful undead priestess resting.  Your daggers in your hands, ready to strike.   

The thrill of killing someone in WoW, is the best feeling I ever felt in gaming. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.