Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

What is a good source of Warcraft Universe History?

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fentonalpha

I can't really ask it any clearer than the title here.  I'm somewhat lost most of the time as far as references and names given in my playing of WoW.  Where would be a good place to go for a comprehensive but not say, boring or overwhelming, Warcraft History lesson.  Short of dumping dozens of hours into playing the main games.  Sure maybe I'm not missing much as far as the story goes but i do like the worlds i play in to be as fleshed out as possible.

I guess another question would be at what point in the Warcraft series does the story really even become relevant and necessary to follow?

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By raviolisumo
    h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By h0lgr
    @fentonalpha:  History of Warcraft
    is probably a better place to start. It's got a better overview over the whole thing. The Timeline is also an incredible help for first-timers.
     Have fun reading this :) it's a great read, the whole site
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By fentonalpha

Sweet thanks.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

The official WoW site used to have a few decent bits and pieces about lore and events but the new site doesn't (yet) I think.
    You can youtube some patch videos to taste some of the atmosphere and put a image to stuff like Naxxramas or the Argent tournament!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene

I would say that in addition to the links given above, use the first link up there just to look up random lore things.  I've found myself doing that A LOT since Cata came out, since I have to keep asking myself "where did _____ go?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.