Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Why should I jump back in?

Avatar image for basketballwiz23
    basketballwiz23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By basketballwiz23

Hey all, 

I played WoW for about 1 1/2 years when it first came out and then one day just stopped playing.  I always kept an eye on it as new expansions came out, always wanting to jump back in and start playing again but could never do it.  So now I am asking, what is the best argument someone can give me for jumping back into WoW?  

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Here's an argument : 

im a guy who truly just loves such fantasy realms and feels like he could spend his whole life living in one, yet i cant seem to absorb all the hundreds of powers and potions and details and all that other shit in that fucking complex game that i just look from afar and feel retarded 
     So play it for me. play it knowing that someone out there wants to fucking wallow in such a dream of a game yet doesnt have your ability/patience to cope with it !

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Barrock

If you haven't experienced the things that they introduced in Lich King like phasing, you really need to. There is some really epic shit, and some amazingly fun quests in the expansions. 

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

Because you hate money and free time?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Its fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" Its fun. "

I couldn't agree more, but sadly, I'm forced by my own mind to elaborate. ;)

Blizzard has learned a lot about making questing, dungeons, and PvP fun over the last 6 years. They've taken everything they've learned and applied it to Vanilla WoW, making it a load of fun to journey through the levels no matter how you want to play. Finding dungeons and PvP events is as simple as clicking a button, and if you're like me and enjoy the questing and exploration, the quests guide you through the world or you can find out where to go next at a board in a city with a giant explanation point over it. If you like the lore side of things, Archeology provides some cool flavor text and might just push you to see parts of the world you wouldn't otherwise find. Also on the lore aspect, the entire world feels like a battle between the Alliance and the Horde now, with phasing letting you feel like you're actually making a difference. Everywhere I go, I see one race fighting with another, whether it's because the Tauren have been flooded out of the Thousand Needles into a Night Elf encampment, or the Goblins are strip mining near a new Worgen outpost.

It's a fun game. It has to be if Blizzard expects people to pay monthly for it. They make good on their content, though I can't speak for the endgame. But I'm of the mind that I'll happily stop playing if the endgame turns out to be no fun. (To the folks saying it's a waste of money.. Come on.. It's $15 a month. That's the price of a full game every 4 months, and I've gotten way more playtime out of 4 months of WoW than I ever did with many, many $60 games.)

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Oni

Because literally every part of it is better now than it's ever been.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.