#3 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -
@EpicSteve: word broski
#4 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Inb4 "Sounds like someone needs to get a life."

But, seriously.

#5 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Now it's all coasting, baby.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I saw a lot of people hit the cap with their professions and levels today on my realm, I'm barely 82 because I do not want to fight over 1 spawn point with 30 others.

Just sad for those people, really.

#7 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
#8 Posted by gamefreak9 (2372 posts) -

Hm... weird, i mean i know you can powerlevel someone with the right grp almsot instantly but the quests are new... arent they??? No way you can predict

#9 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

It was obvious that someone would reach the new level cap this early, but I am somewhat surprised that it only took five hours to do so. I don't have a character anywhere near level 80, so I hardly know about the end game stuff, but I expected the grind from 80 to 85 to take much longer than that.

#10 Posted by PerryVandell (2106 posts) -

Damn, now that's some serious commitment.

#11 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

really? i assume he either plays on a dead server or didn't do 80+ quest because i logged on 15 hours after launch and couldn't do more then a handful of quest, so much so it took me a good 2+ hours to ding 81 and i just said fuck it and hopped on my druid because until tomorrow or the next day it will be completely impossible to level from 80-82 in these first 2 zones, at least on my medium filled server which is a complete shame because people who don't have a ton of time to play games can't even enjoy worgen/goblin or 80+ zones for a good week because of it.. unless you are on a low pop server, they should of done an instance based thing for the first week or given you the option like guild wars (instance zones) where you can bring friends but wouldn't be overcrowded by people ganking your fucking quest kills

#12 Edited by Levio (1784 posts) -

5 hours isn't tough when you have an entire raid helping you kill every mob you tag (but receiving no exp themselves) and healing/buffing you as you go.

Oh and having 25 completed quests in your quest log helps too.

#13 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Have none of you ever heard of this guy? I don't even play WoW and I know about him. 

(the science stuff at the end is just trolling though) 

Here was his first record video, which was much better imo.  

I miss when his character was more outrageous. 
#14 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

Atheneeee <3

#15 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

People who are surprised really shouldn't be.

#16 Posted by Karkarov (3184 posts) -

Uh dude is paid to do this crap, it is literally his life as sad as that is to say.  The only thing that surprises me is it took 5 hours, pretty sure he got from 60 to 70 faster than that.  PS: Quest knowledge?  Please.  He knew every quest and the optimum order and or path for them before the servers even went live guy has probably been in on cataclysm testing since alpha.  Just like all the top raid guilds (read people paid to play wow) all know all the raids because Blizzard TELLS THEM how to beat them.

#17 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Why the hate?  How sad is your life?  The dude does what he enjoys and isn't on a forum acting like a little bitch.

#18 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Congrats?

#19 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@sins_of_mosin said:
"

Why the hate?  How sad is your life?  The dude does what he enjoys and isn't on a forum acting like a little bitch."

Seriously.  People are always going to rush to be first at something, it's not shocking at all. As for myself I'm going to take the time an enjoy the expansion, I find rushing things takes the fun out of the game.
#20 Posted by mikeeegeee (1574 posts) -
@Geno: That chick is totally not in those videos.
#21 Posted by griefersstolemykeyboard (359 posts) -

This guy is a poker millionaire at this point, has the hottest GF you'll ever see I don't think his life is all that sad. Sounds to me people are just afraid of admitting that there are people better than themselves out there.

#22 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:
" @Geno: That chick is totally not in those videos. "
They only put her there for views. She's still in some of them though.
#23 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

People complain about this guy not having a life because he spent 5 hours doing this? Really, wouldn't the people spending ~30 hours to get to 85 be worse then? Also, he's paid to do it, and he enjoys doing it. I'll admit that I'm jealous.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

Wow that's some dedication. A little too much, maybe. 

#25 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

5 hours?  He really knows his shit.  The first 85s on the server I play on took all night and some of the day yesterday. 

I really don't understand the point of rushing to do this stuff.  I'd much rather spend the 30+ hours going through at my own pace and enjoying it than powering through all of it.  The new stuff is fucking fantastic, but to each their own I guess.

#26 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" This guy is a poker millionaire at this point, has the hottest GF you'll ever see I don't think his life is all that sad. Sounds to me people are just afraid of admitting that there are people better than themselves out there. "
I agree for the most part, but I think you need to define "better". I doubt he's better at everything than I am.
#27 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I heard it was 2 hours =\  but either way, impressive.
#28 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -
@Karkarov said:
" Uh dude is paid to do this crap, it is literally his life as sad as that is to say.  The only thing that surprises me is it took 5 hours, pretty sure he got from 60 to 70 faster than that.  PS: Quest knowledge?  Please.  He knew every quest and the optimum order and or path for them before the servers even went live guy has probably been in on cataclysm testing since alpha.  Just like all the top raid guilds (read people paid to play wow) all know all the raids because Blizzard TELLS THEM how to beat them. "
How is being played to pay video games sad? Duder, talk about a dream job. 60-70 and 70-80 both took around 6-7 hours at fastest. He may have known quests but that doesn't matter when you have a full raid helping you tag and kill mobs, he never did a single quest. Beta is the stage when outside players can access servers, Alpha refers to very early development and Alpha testing refers to in-house payed Blizzard testers. The top raid guilds get accounts on the PTR like everyone else, then grind dungeons in top gear learning the fights and relaying the information back to their guild. Why would Blizzard tell them anything. 

Whether you're a troll or not, everything you said was wrong. Just thought I'd clear that up haha.
#29 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@MaddProdigy said:
" @Karkarov said:
" Uh dude is paid to do this crap, it is literally his life as sad as that is to say.  
How is being played to pay video games sad? Duder, talk about a dream job.
Yeah... if the guy enjoys gaming, I'm not sure how his life is sad by getting paid to do something he really enjoys doing.  We should all be so lucky.
#30 Posted by Karkarov (3184 posts) -
@melcene said:

" @MaddProdigy said:

" @Karkarov said:
" Uh dude is paid to do this crap, it is literally his life as sad as that is to say.  
How is being played to pay video games sad? Duder, talk about a dream job.
Yeah... if the guy enjoys gaming, I'm not sure how his life is sad by getting paid to do something he really enjoys doing.  We should all be so lucky. "
 It is not sad that he does it for money, it is sad that someone is in fact paying him simply to "power level" (a task that takes no talent, skill, or even real ingenuity to do) in WoW. 
#31 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Karkarov: Could be worse.  He could make millions like some of the untalented "entertainers" out there.  :)  Though people might argue about skill it takes to power level.  There must be some logistics involved to know how to get to be the first one there.
#32 Posted by Karkarov (3184 posts) -
@MaddProdigy said:
" @Karkarov said:
" Uh dude is paid to do this crap, it is literally his life as sad as that is to say.  The only thing that surprises me is it took 5 hours, pretty sure he got from 60 to 70 faster than that.  PS: Quest knowledge?  Please.  He knew every quest and the optimum order and or path for them before the servers even went live guy has probably been in on cataclysm testing since alpha.  Just like all the top raid guilds (read people paid to play wow) all know all the raids because Blizzard TELLS THEM how to beat them. "
How is being played to pay video games sad? Duder, talk about a dream job. 60-70 and 70-80 both took around 6-7 hours at fastest. He may have known quests but that doesn't matter when you have a full raid helping you tag and kill mobs, he never did a single quest. Beta is the stage when outside players can access servers, Alpha refers to very early development and Alpha testing refers to in-house payed Blizzard testers. The top raid guilds get accounts on the PTR like everyone else, then grind dungeons in top gear learning the fights and relaying the information back to their guild. Why would Blizzard tell them anything.  Whether you're a troll or not, everything you said was wrong. Just thought I'd clear that up haha. "
I was simply pointing out that he knew everything he needed to know well in advance of doing this and that Blizzard probably gave him any info he did have straight out, and that is 100%  true.  As for him using a raid guild, yeah I know, it is the same way he did the 60-70, 70-80, etc etc.  I never said he did quests in my post.  The fact that he uses a raid only means his accomplishment is even less of an .... accomplishment?   Or do you honestly consider this guy "cool" or like some bad ass player or something?  I certainly hope not, anyone who has any real experience with WoW could do this with the resources he is given.
#33 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I do think that it's really disappointing that he did this with a raid. 

I'd rather hear about the chinese gold farmer who just ground it out solo.

#34 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

He's also the dude who claimed to get to 80 in a ridiculously short time (I forget the number) and was shown to be a fraud.

Also, not entertaining or funny.

#35 Posted by Karkarov (3184 posts) -
@melcene said:
" I do think that it's really disappointing that he did this with a raid.  I'd rather hear about the chinese gold farmer who just ground it out solo. "
Fair enough.
#36 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
"  Sounds to me people are just afraid of admitting that there are people better than themselves out there. "
Wow, you're in deep. No hope.
#37 Posted by Halifaxx (3 posts) -

DAMN that ridiculous!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.