Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

WoW Finally Adding Remote Chat

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

Back when I played Everquest, this was something I loved when they had finally implemented - Everquest Instant Messenger.  You didn't have to be in the game to talk to your guild, or anyone on your friends list.  It was great for logging in from work and finding out what guild activities were going on for the night, or just chatting with friends when you were bored but couldn't access the game.

WOW is finally doing something similar.   WoW Remote Guild Chat is a new feature of WoW Remote currently in development.  Currently, WoW Remote allows you to access the Auction House from your phone and browse and buy, collect money from sold auctions, relist auctions, and even create new auctions from your bags or bank.  All from the comfort of your phone.  The new Remote Guild Chat feature in development will allow you to check your guild calendar, participate in guild chat, and more.  Check out the screenshots below.

Will be available for iPhones, iPod Touch, and Android phones.
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DougQuaid

I'm guessing you'll have to pay more to access this?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By melcene

The WoW Remote app is officially free.  Currently, with the Remote Auction House, if you go with the free version, you can't claim your gold or create/relist auctions.  For $2.99 a month, you get the full functionality.
    No word yet on how the Remote Guild Chat will fit into the free vs subscription service.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DougQuaid

Ah ok. I completely forget there were the free features with the remote stuff.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Fuckin' rad, WoW is where I can always get a hold of my brother and cousin, so if I don't have to log onto my abandoned account to find them, because they don't answer their cell phones, that'll be great.

Thrawnkkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Thrawnkkar

I won't be able to work anymore. I mean be able to bs with the community guild all day?? It'll be like this site with out the forum delay. :p

Thrawnkkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Thrawnkkar
    @Darkerkamikaze Well if it makes it any harder for you to get back into wow there is a giant bomb guild filled with bomb fans. :p
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Gizmo

What they want you to forget is that WoW is a painful grind-fest of an MMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.