Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

WoW World Event

Burnanate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Burnanate

Today I experienced my first world event in World Of Warcraft. I missed the Wrath of The Lich King events due to a broken computer, and when Burning Crusades was getting ready to launch I was too low level and inexperienced to take part in anything. Not knowing what to expect I began my quests lines in Durotar (yeah I sw
    itched my hunter over to horde to follow my friends) and I have never seen so many people hanging out in the starting zones. Hundreds of people! It was pure insanity. Our mission was to take back the Troll's land and all I can say is AOE is the only way to go, because you can't tell what is going on.. I normally  get about 61 frames per second in the vanilla WOW zones, I was pulling about 13 frames during the fights.

This Is Everyone waiting at the Echo Isles for the fight to begin.

This is everyone's spell effects going off at once. I couldn't see a thing. AOE and pray.
     This is everyone's spell effects going off at once. I couldn't see a thing. AOE and pray.
    Burnanate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Burnanate

Today I experienced my first world event in World Of Warcraft. I missed the Wrath of The Lich King events due to a broken computer, and when Burning Crusades was getting ready to launch I was too low level and inexperienced to take part in anything. Not knowing what to expect I began my quests lines in Durotar (yeah I sw
    itched my hunter over to horde to follow my friends) and I have never seen so many people hanging out in the starting zones. Hundreds of people! It was pure insanity. Our mission was to take back the Troll's land and all I can say is AOE is the only way to go, because you can't tell what is going on.. I normally  get about 61 frames per second in the vanilla WOW zones, I was pulling about 13 frames during the fights.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Burns098356GX

I remember back in old WoW when they opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates they had a world event all within Tanaris and Silithis. It crashed almost every high population server. I'm surprised they tried something like that again.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By raiz265
    @Burns098356GX said:

" I remember back in old WoW when they opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates they had a world event all within Tanaris. It crashed almost every high population server. I'm surprised they tried something like that again. "

It was in Silithus 

But it was totally awesome! 

Happy to see that stuff again.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @raiz265: I remember the lag was so bad, I recall calling into the mic for a guild healer saying to press the button now, I'll need a heal in 5 minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.