This is a big long, very unorganized list of new stuff that I compiled while listening to the Blizzcon panels, it doesn't go completely in depth to every new thing, but it gives a general sense of the new stuff.
- One single content for new zones: Pandaria. Influenced by asian architecture but still feels like WoW.
- Auction House and bank in new continent, no more going back to Orgrimmar to bid.
- No flying in Pandaria until level 90 (new level cap) to create a better questing experience.
- 5 new zones in Pandaria, each larger than Twilight Highlands (that's pretty big)
- Pandaria has been hidden and untouched by fog since the Sundering thousands of years ago. the Cataclysm cleared the fog and Pandaria has been discovered by the Alliance and Horde.
- Alliance and Horde destroy the continent to salvage resources which have been vastly depleted since the Cataclysm.
New Race: Pandaren
- Some Pandaren have gotten "wanderlust" and left Pandaria on a giant turtle, these are the Panderen that you can play as.
- You will start at level 1 and neutral, at level 10 you choose to join the Horde or Alliance.
- Pandaren can play as a hunter, mage, monk, priest, rogue, shaman, and warrior.
- Pandaren racial telents:
- Epicurean - Increase the stat benefit from food by 100%
- Gourmand - Cooking skill increased by 15 ( accompanied by new cooking system)
- Inner Peace - Your rested Experience bonus lasts twice as long
- Bouncy - %50 less falling damage
New Class: Monk
- Brewmaster: Tank
- Mistweaver: Healer
- Windwalker: melee DPS
- Not a hero class - starts at level 1.
- Martial Arts based.
- Lots of new animations.
- Any race can play monk except Worgen and Goblin.
- Primarily fight with hands and feet, use weapons for finishers (sounds much like rogues)
- Focus on staves and fist weapons as well as one handed axes, maces, and swords.
- Off hands for healers.
- Leather armor (Agility for DPS and tank, intelect for healing)
- Chi (much like rogue energy) used for jab and roll.
- Jab generates light and dark force which is the primary resource for all other abilities.
- NO AUTO ATTACK, push a button, something happens.
New Talent System:
- Goal: to eliminate cookie cutter builds that everyone has, offer true hybridization. To stand next to a player with the same spec and have dfferent talents
- Separated into 3 categories
- Class abilities (every player of that class gets that ability, no matter spec.)
- Spec abilities (only arms warriors get x ability, while fury warriors do not)
- Talents (Completely separated from spec now)
- Pick your spec at level 10, this will determine what spec abilities you get over time.
- Earn talent pint every 15 levels.
- One talent tree per class.
- Every 15 levels you choose between one of 3 options in a category like survivability, mobility self healing etc etc Eg. at level 15 as a rogue I choose between 3 different mobility talents, a sprint ability that increases movement speed, a teleport or a cool down eliminator.
- No mandatory talents, every choice is based on playstyle and preference.
- Staged experiences much like a cross between group quests and dungeons
- Example used: Stage 1 - Kill 25 cobolts. stage 2 - Escort children back to town. stage 3 - kill boss
- Every scenario has a different amount of players, some require 3, some 7, some 10 etc etc
- No class roles, very fast queues
- Earn valor towards new gear
Challende Mode Dungeons:
- 5 man, time trial dungeons
- Earn bronze, silver, or gold medals
- Normalized gear, every person goes in equal, meaning that it is based entirely on skill and coordination
- Earn cool looking gear with no stats (works with new transmogriphy feature, where you can make any piece of gear look like what you want. So you can have the new gear with the best stats, but still look like how you want.
Pet Battle system:
- Yo guys it's pokemon, no seriously. Catch pets in the wild, battle them to train them, level and then fight other players in turn based combat
- 9new dungeons
- 6 in Pandaria
- Level 90 heroic remakes of Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery
- 3 raids at launch
- World raid bosses return
- Increased focus on max level quests
- Questing incentives for pvpers and raiders
- More quest choices, less linear
- New battlegrounds
- Stranglethorn Diamond mines (payload)
- Valley of Power (Murderball)
- Azshara Crater (DOTA)
- New Arena
- Resilience is now a base stat, even without pvp gear you have some resilience, this helps new players play pvp
Hunter minimum range - gone
Hunter melee weapon - gone
Ranged slot for all other classes - gone
Relics - gone
Rogues and warriors will throw melee weapons, wands are now main hand weapon
Guns, crossbows and bows are HUNTER ONLY
Automatically learn spells, no going back to learn spells
- No main antagonist (Arthas, Illidan, Deathwing) story focuses on an all out Alliance vs. Horde war, as well as many new races as antagonists.