Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

This is so sad.

• 89 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@BionicRadd said:

Honestly, if you think Pandaria is going to be the central element in the expansion, you've only half been paying attention. Pandaria isn't the story; it is where the story will HAPPEN. Full scale war is coming and I can not wait. I just hope it delivers.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Paulus

@Andorski said:

So somewhere between mechanical ostrich mounts and humanoid pandas, a line was drawn.

Not only that, but the game has had humanoid bulls/cows since the beginning.

People just don't seem to like asians I guess.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By demonbear

I dont think its sad at all, Pandaria looks great and all. What IS sad however, is to see them give away Diablo 3 to anyone willing to sign up for a full year of wow. This more than anything else, speaks alot to me...

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I hate you.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By chrissedoff

cataclysm was the death knell for world of warcraft. i'm actually really glad mists of pandaria sounds so terrible because i know i'm never going to be tempted to re-subscribe.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By toowalrus

@chrissedoff said:

cataclysm was the death knell for world of warcraft. i'm actually really glad mists of pandaria sounds so terrible because i know i'm never going to be tempted to re-subscribe.

I'm just curious... how was Cataclysm worse than Wrath of the Lich King?

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By amomjc

Another stupid "OMG What are you doing Blizzard" thread? This is a great expansion that anyone who loves Warcraft will appreciate. Sure people will think it's silly to have pandas, but really how is that any different than metrosexual elves and werewolves? It is going to be a great expansion set in a gorgeous atmosphere that has been needed to be applied to WoW for a long time. I for one cannot wait and not only does the new class and story sound great, but the changes they are making sounds amazing to me as well.

PS: Did they say this is a neutral race both sides will get or have they not announced the counterpart for the other faction?

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By BionicRadd

@Deleth said:

@BionicRadd said:

1 - roll on a new server where the Alliance to Horde ratio isnt 24% / 76% Horde biased.

2 - Alliance vs Horde does not mean it's a PVP focused expansion. In questing, horde players will fight Alliance NPCs.

3 - Seriously, switch freaking servers. You can level to 85 in like a month, now.

1 - most pvp servers here have much more Horde then Alliance. I'm in favor of forcing people to play Alliance! (Of course not me, my alt is enough!)

2 - Alliance vs Horde for me means it's PvP. Otherwise it's the same thing just with Alliance skins instead of shadow hammer.

3 - Don't wanna. My guild is there, the people I know and my chars. Some of them have quite a few achievments and mounts.

Alliance players versus horde players is PVP. The main PVE conflicts in this expansion will be horde vs alliance NPCs. Nothing story related has ever been decided on a PVP battleground and never will be. If you dont care about the story, then truthfully, what do you care what "skins" are on the mobs your killing to get to the new level cap? Also, population may be skewed on your server, but it isn't a EU thing, it's a your server thing. Based on what I could find on warcraftrealms, there are plenty of servers horribly skewed to alliance, as well.

@amomjc said:

Another stupid "OMG What are you doing Blizzard" thread? This is a great expansion that anyone who loves Warcraft will appreciate. Sure people will think it's silly to have pandas, but really how is that any different than metrosexual elves and werewolves? It is going to be a great expansion set in a gorgeous atmosphere that has been needed to be applied to WoW for a long time. I for one cannot wait and not only does the new class and story sound great, but the changes they are making sounds amazing to me as well.

PS: Did they say this is a neutral race both sides will get or have they not announced the counterpart for the other faction?

Neutral. You do the starting zone and then at 10, before you leave the island, you choose to be horde or alliance.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By McShank

@Andorski said:

So somewhere between mechanical ostrich mounts and humanoid pandas, a line was drawn.

It was i think when space goats were introduced...

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pinworm45

@Andorski said:

1. Mechanical Ostrichs were always stupid

2. There wasn't an entire expansion completely centered around them.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pinworm45

@Galiant said:

There's nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet, don't buy it, and move on.

Big deal.

How dare people share their opinions on a game in an internet gaming forum. What the fuck.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tan

@Hailinel said:

As if WoW was always a serious game for serious people.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#63  Edited By galiant

@Pinworm45 said:

@Galiant said:

There's nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet, don't buy it, and move on.

Big deal.

How dare people share their opinions on a game in an internet gaming forum. What the fuck.

Never told him not to share his opinion. Told him what to do about it.

What's your beef?

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Deleth

@BionicRadd said:

Alliance players versus horde players is PVP. The main PVE conflicts in this expansion will be horde vs alliance NPCs. Nothing story related has ever been decided on a PVP battleground and never will be. If you dont care about the story, then truthfully, what do you care what "skins" are on the mobs your killing to get to the new level cap? Also, population may be skewed on your server, but it isn't a EU thing, it's a your server thing. Based on what I could find on warcraftrealms, there are plenty of servers horribly skewed to alliance, as well.

They still claimed that you will have a lot of "enemy" contact in the zones. Honestly I already felt bad for the Alliance during the first days of Cataclysm and stopped killing them altogether. I doubt our Alliance could take a second hit like that, given the numbers were dwindling during Cataclysm while we get more and more Horde from other servers.

And it's not just a problem of my server. I actually looked for another server with about equal numbers, there isn't a single PvP server of my prefered language left with about equal numbers. And most of the high Alliance population servers are PvE Servers. Faction change simply was a bad idea.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By chrissedoff

@TooWalrus: they made it too hard. it's really not fun to have to attempt something many times just because you or somebody in your group made a simple mistake the game wouldn't let you recover from.it's compounded by how they made all characters weaker across the board than they were in wrath of the lich king, which makes it feel like you're leveling down instead of up.

it's funny because the game's forums were packed with people who tore into anyone complaining about the difficulty, like, "hey man, what are you some kind of wuss? can't handle a real man's world of warcraft?" like it's unmanly to get bummed out about huge amounts of time invested for no progress in the game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By toowalrus

@chrissedoff: This IS the first time I've heard anyone complain about the game getting too difficult! It seems like most of the old school players like to complain that the game was significantly dumbed down.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By dietmango

Wait...what's wrong with pandas?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By valrog

I just wish they made the Cataclysmic Azeroth with phasing or something. Completely destroying it and obliterating everything is just... Too much. I guess I'm the "preserve the history guy".

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Cincaid said:

The only thing I remember from my years of playing WoW is that everyone on the Horde listened to Metal and were into LARP, and everyone in the Alliance listened to Trance and kept talking about "that new upcoming MMO I'm switching to because WoW is dying".

I wonder what the panda people will listen to. Polka?

Dubstep 
    They will shoot wobble-bass at their enemies.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Twisted_Scot

This site is no place for your racism sir!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By EightBitShik

@Deleth: I just saw your post about how sad MOP is going to be. 9 months later after watching the videos and seeing all the new shit are you still disappointed? because honestly this looks like it's going to be the best expansion they ever made I'm so stoked.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72  Edited By Seppli

@EightBitShik said:

@Deleth: I just saw your post about how sad MOP is going to be. 9 months later after watching the videos and seeing all the new shit are you still disappointed? because honestly this looks like it's going to be the best expansion they ever made I'm so stoked.

MOPs coming out in a month, and my interest is still pretty much zero - which is crazy frankly, since I have over a year of '/played' on WoW. The whole cutey Pandaren scenario certainly didn't help. I always thought they'll do an Emerald Dream expansion, but I guess that's not going to happen. Next time, it's going to be WoW : Whimseyshire Ediiton. And Pokemon? Really?

Though I'm likely going to grab it and a gametime card, just because it'd be heresy not to.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SharkEthic
    Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Deleth

@EightBitShik said:

Yes. Especially since they unveiled the story behind the whole thing. More easy curbstomb battles, more Alliance chars going neutral, then all the blame falls on Garrosh and magically we're all friends at the end holding each other hands. Forgotten is all the genocide and murder. The only reason I'm going to play is because my guild some of whom I know for a very long time needs me as an healer.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By Sayishere

Meh, i like what they are doing to the game i.e. reworking the talent trees, pet battles

The oriental zones will be fun to travel around. That being said WoW is the most realized mmo on the market.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rowr

This thread has a disappointingly distinct lack of sad panda jokes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#77  Edited By musubi

Its those goddamn furries again.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By dooscent

I'm sort of getting excited for Mists. Account-wide achievements mean I don't have to exclusively focus on a main toon. I can jump to others, provided I can get them gear (which, while people complain is too easy... it makes the game more versatile.)

Plus, in terms of Pandas, it's nice not having to deal with the ever-present end of the world again.

Vanilla: Dragons and Bugs and Undead! Oh my!

BC: Space Demons! OH FUCK.

Wrath: The Undead are organizing! SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Cataclysm: The world pretty much ended. SHIT IS REAL.

Mists of Pandaria: We have landed on an island. There are bears. ALCOHOLIC BEARS.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By guiseppe

Yeah! F those bastards at Blizzard for giving the fans what they've wanted for years! How could they?!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By EightBitShik

@Seppli: Haha, I don't see how just because they are pandas "It's cute" they are fighters just like everyone else and they have claws. There are still going to be tons of expansions and don't worry "your dreamy world will most likely happen. Am I the only one who thinks "PANDAS = CUTE BUT I WANT AN EXPANSION ABOUT DREAMS!!!"

I mean if you don't play whatever but seriously the expansion looks awesome.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81  Edited By Seppli

@EightBitShik:

Does it? I didn't follow it really. The whole thing just doesn't tickle my fancy. And the Emerald Dream would be awesome. Read up on it. Instead of Pokemon minigames, I'd rather have had decent environmental puzzles, going in and out of the Emerald Dream - A Link to the Past-style.

Pandaren started out as a joke, and that's what they still are. I still have a hard time believing Blizzard having themed an entire WoW expansion after them. I'd rather have seen Blizzard finally make the Furbolg playable. The groundworks for such a thing are already in the game, including the entrance to their capital city.

I'm likely going to be there for a brief stint at release, but I was never not excited for a WoW expansion - this is a first. Whatever man. Also - it's releasing in September, I might have other priorities.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ulain

@Seppli: It may have been a joke initially, but they've fleshed it out a great deal since the RTS days. And as far as I'm aware, the expansion's main inspiration is Eastern culture, not solely pandas who drink beer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm done with the mostly shitty MMO treadmill that has been the same formula for like 8 years now, but I still find the idea intriguing, I just really wonder how people dislike pandaren so much based on them being a practical joke 10 years ago.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By EightBitShik

@Seppli: I can't argue with a link to the past theme because that sounds great, but they already kind of have that with the caverns of time. The pandas being basically china excites me too. I have always enjoyed chinese culture and I think they did a great job building off that where the furbolgs are just mindless beasts who always have something that causes them to "rage" no matter what part of the world they are in. I do want to point out the remake of SM is amazing! It's short but damn fun I'm about to do the new version of scholo right now I hope it's near the same quality. So far the patch has been bad ass. It's nice having "Blood thirsty" on every character now. As a person who played a Hunter for Vanilla and switched to Druid in BC and then did six months as a DK it's nice that all achievements are combined now and I can play whatever I want without feeling guilty that I spent so much time on one.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By Sayishere

I just like what they did with the talent tree, suprisingly enough, each skill in each tier isnt actually better than the other. Any of them can be used, instead of people using cookiee cutter builds. i mean, i like WoW, this is a no brainer,

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By adz117

Everytime I go back to WoW I always enjoy myself, that's all that matters to me. I also like the Pandarin characters. So...yeah. YEAH!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It reminds me of Jack Black

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By shway

so cereal, like you got little goblins on motorcycles and shit doing fishing tournaments for boots....get over yourself lol its a game that has "blood elves vs Space goats" its fun but never cereal fo cereal

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#88  Edited By breadfan

The game's fun. Got me back to playing it. People are going to shit on it for any reason, so whatever.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89  Edited By dichemstys

World of Warcraft has always been silly. If you take a game with talking orcs, elves, aliens, and missions called The Kessel Run seriously, there's something wrong with you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.