Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

Were Pandaria's 5-man Dungeons Ever Challenging?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

So I just exhausted Pandaria's questing content and started checking out the level 90 dungeons and such. They're painfully easy. Of course there's always one or the other raid-geared group member, but the absolute lack of need for any coordination is baffling to me. No crowd control. No aggro management. No interrupt rotations. No kiting. No finesse whatsoever. I didn't die a single time, playing these dungeons for the first time ever. It's literally devolved into an extremely forgiving *don't stand in the fire* tank and spank experience - all rush for rewards, at the cost of rewarding gameplay.

Evidently there's never been anything noteworthy to Pandaria's 5-man dungeons, challenge-wise. Or am I wrong?

I fondly remember the early months of Burning Crusade, when Heroics and the precursor Quests for admittance to higher tier raid dungeons were tough as nails - by the skin of our teeth affairs, which granted success only to masters of their craft. 5-man dungeons have really gotten way too shallow. It always was my favorite bit of WoW, and Blizzard has seemingly abandoned the concept of challenge for this type of content altogether. There's lots to see here, but all of it is fluff, and it won't last me for more than a handful of sessions. Guess gameplay of substance is being tiered farther and farther into the raid-centric endgame, so only hardmode/achievement-hunting raids get to enjoy proper World of Warcraft gameplay.

You, whom have been around for Pandaria's launch. Was there ever something to Pandaria's heroics?

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Challenging? To anyone decent? No. Could it be randomly at times? Yeah. Some of the achievements are difficult though I was able to get that meta fairly early after launch, not like week 1 or something though some people

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.