Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

With This New Video Series...

• 132 results
    photomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

With Dan starting his adventures in Azeroth...is anyone else feeling the itch to get back in?

I've been out since before the end of Cataclysm, but seeing Dan getting into is making me tempted to buy a 60 Day card and go back for a while, just to see how it's going. Any other duders feeling the urge as well?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@photomic: Itch to return to World of Warcraft? Let me think.... No. Hell no.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm already paying and playing, the beta for WoD is pretty good too, so I'm excited for the next expansion.

photomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Normally, I'd say the same, but I've been itching for a time sink before I go back to university in two months and WoW seems as good as any after Dark Souls II

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Steadying

Nope, FFXIV is more than enough for me. Also, trying to get into an MMO that's been out for 10 years, with 10 years worth of content to catch up on sounds horrible/impossible.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I resubbed to FFXIV this past weekend and really need to log in and play so WoW isn't really attracting me right now, plus I'm really digging some of the more fundamental changes FFXIV as going for it, even if it's confusing as hell sometimes.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been in this cycle since Lich King where every expansion I play until the level cap, play for a few weeks, get bored and quit. I'll be resubscribing when the next expansion comes out.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Yes and no. The upcoming expansion sounds great and everything, but once I stop procrastinating and get a new PC, I'll probably get back into FFXIV.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The people I played with over the years all stopped playing, so every time I resubscribe I'm in an empty inactive guild. I'll probably check out the expansion either way, it's just a question on how much I actually engage with it.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@photomic said:

@karkarov: Normally, I'd say the same, but I've been itching for a time sink before I go back to university in two months and WoW seems as good as any after Dark Souls II

I would advise picking any MMO over WoW. Wildstar, The Secret World, FF14, I don't even like Guild Wars 2 and I would tell you to pick Guild Wars 2 over WoW. World of Warcraft is the lowest common denominator and most derivative MMO on the market, the fact that it is the most popular has nothing to do with it actually being good. Millions watch Honey Boo Boo, but does that actually make it good tv? No.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, I feel it whenever ANYONE mentions WoW, but I just ignore it. I had a major addiction to that game, and I just don't want to deal with it again.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@karkarov: I wonder how many people would support that opinion. I wouldn't.

As for me, watching that video didn't really give me an itch at all. Dan fumbling around with the controls in one of the few servers that is actually teeming with people competing for kills in the newbie areas only serves to make the game look more tedious than it actually is.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@photomic said:

I would advise picking any MMO over WoW. Wildstar, The Secret World, FF14, I don't even like Guild Wars 2 and I would tell you to pick Guild Wars 2 over WoW. World of Warcraft is the lowest common denominator and most derivative MMO on the market, the fact that it is the most popular has nothing to do with it actually being good. Millions watch Honey Boo Boo, but does that actually make it good tv? No.

I feel like this is a little unfair. I had a great time when I played WoW and I have tried many other MMOs since and I haven't enjoyed any of them any where near as much as I enjoyed WoW. But each to their own I guess.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!
    There is even discussion going on in the NeoGAF thread about people jumping back into wow.

I'd LOVE to jump back into wow (been 4 months away) but I'd like to do it with some duders.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just wanna replay the RTS games. I loved those campaigns quite a bit.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, FFXIV is more than enough for me. Also, trying to get into an MMO that's been out for 10 years, with 10 years worth of content to catch up on sounds horrible/impossible.

Jeff mentioned in the video that it looked similiar to what he experienced in the beta, but they have actually streamlined the game a whole lot. Even for someone like Dan it'd (probably) be pretty easy to reach the current maximum level (90) in less than 30 days, would he have the whole game to play instead of trial. But man, if he would be dealing with the grindy WoW of the classic/burning crusade era...I'm not sure if he'd reach even level 30 in those 30 days.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually surprised they haven't updated the models for the core races. I thought that was supposed to happen with the Mists of Panderia expansion. I know you cover yourself with armor within the first 30 levels that completely mask your character, but all of the low-poly models of the city-folk show WoW's age.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:

I'm actually surprised they haven't updated the models for the core races. I thought that was supposed to happen with the Mists of Panderia expansion. I know you cover yourself with armor within the first 30 levels that completely mask your character, but all of the low-poly models of the city-folk show WoW's age.

Can't recall if that was planned for Pandaria, but it's one of the selling points of the next expansion. Their official page has a few examples listed.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:

Some models have been upgraded - like Garrosh.

But yes, upgraded player models are coming in WoD.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Been playing for a few months (for the first time!), so if any Bombers on the Emerald Dream server want to start a guild/play together shoot me a PM. My highest character is only like 37 though (been trying different races/classes).

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might jump back in again, even if it's just for messing around while chatting.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EXTomar

Mists of Pandaria is the best content they've done yet with lots of experimental things. In fact I'm surprised there hasn't been far more disasters where it feels like the biggest mistake is revealing who the final fight was going to be with. It was fine to reveal "The Sha" but they should have left it as an open question which leader was being influenced by them until the last sets of updates.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I played WoW many years ago and it was pretty fun, but I found that I would rather have the time to play dozens of other games every year rather than be roped into that gear grind again.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bemusedchunk

So is there a collective agreement on what server(s)?

Or should we just join the one Dan got dumped into and run around as like-minded idiots.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Corvak

Pretty much the only thing stopping me from jumping back in in a big way is my lack of a guild to play with.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak: same for me. Even if it's just for shooting the shit in guild chat. I don't want to jump back in and feel all alone.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By cornbredx

Not really. The game is pretty boring now that they've dumbed it down. Next time I play will probably be to check out the next expansion, but like I always do I'll end up stopping again after I hit level cap.

There's just much more interesting games to play beyond WoW these days. Wildstar for example.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Samaritan

Going to be perfectly honest; I was two clicks away from resubscribing earlier this afternoon...

I might have to make those two final clicks if we can get a group together to do dumb shit with.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reinstalled, haven't resubscribed yet.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time someone is saying WoD I get confused and think they are talking about World of Darkness, as in the TTRPG (& abandoned MMO).

Watching the video this afternoon almost made me want to download the Old Republic client again. But I think I'll probably exist. That was the deepest I ever went into one of those games but the game was starting to feel emptier and emptier by the time I was getting to level 20+

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resubbed, got a rogue to level 6. I can confirm that wow is still wow.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So any consensus on server?

Rewatching this video now (watched a bit this morning before work) - I might just jump on the same server as Dan.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NinjaPartTime

I don't think the server matters too much anymore after you decide the type you want to play on. I was fighting for kills in the newbie area too a few days ago and realized its because they are all cross realm now. Only difference I noticed was making another character on an RP server and seeing that it then locked it in with players from other RP servers. Its not so bad once you get out of the starting area, though.

If you ever did dungeon finder and got matched with players from other servers with * next to their name, that's how the whole game is now. Even guilds can be made up with people from any server / realm of the same type (Normal/PVP/RP) as far as I can tell.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Wemibelle

I am completely and utterly out at this point. The last few times I went back for a month, I didn't even play past a week. I just really hate the changes they are making to the game with WoD--constantly removing any ability to have unique builds or rotations, taking out key abilities for certain classes, and making everything STUPID easy--and have no interest in ever going back.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've invested too much time and money into Final Fantasy 14 to bother picking up WoW at this point. I tried it out when the only expansion was Burning Crusade and after that little dip into the game I never felt compelled to play it again. I'll enjoy WoW through the new video series instead of playing it myself.

Sarkahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely feeling the urge after watching the new feature, I pretty much just need a good excuse. My old guild is long dead but if someone starts up a GB guild I might just have to pick up WoW again.

Faltru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm feeling it after watching the video. I might start a character on the server Dan is on, it'd be cool if we could get a group of people playing while he is doing the feature at least.

jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to stop watching because I almost downloaded the game again midway through the video =\

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@jimbozu said:

I had to stop watching because I almost downloaded the game again midway through the video =\

This is why I'm glad Jeff is there to balance out Dan's excitement by reminding him that WoW can suck the life right out of you.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah, WoW already ruined my soaring university education once, that was enough. I've been clean for years now.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Slaegar

World of Warcraft has felt like a money generating machine ever since Cataclysm came out. Everything has been filled down and streamlined to the point that there is no sense of being a character in a world. It feels more and more like a phone game in that you log on and do your x required tasks collect your y loot, then log out. You don't want better gear so you can see new places and be proud of where you have taken your character; you just want new gear because it's new.

I loved all the weird stuff my warlock class could do. I could pick a different pet and have all kinds of new tricks with them and I had to work to get those pets, each harder than the last. I remembered their names because I felt pride when I got them. Rultai, Jhomgorg, Helneth, and Kreemon. Each quest gave flavor to your class and made you care. They eventually took out all of these quests and just gave you the ability to train for them instead, then ultimately just get them for free. You had to pay for pet abilities separately and often times I felt like I barely had enough money to afford my spells, but I made it. You got dumb stuff like Eye of Kilrog and Detect Invisibility, which was almost never used. (mages didn't have invisibility in vanilla and stealth didn't count.) Soulstones and healthstones and summoning. I felt valuable outside of the numbers my spells put out. I cared about my character and the world he was in.

Flash forward a few years and now you just sit in town half AFK watching for the dungeon queue to pop after 15 minutes so you can do the same run for the 20th time since blizzard didn't feel like making any new dungeons.

@tennmuerti

B-b-but you have a tauren as an icon.

RichardGamingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since there is a consensus that WoW is oldhat now watch the Wolfenstein video series @ my youtube

srs enjoy your WoW I spent like 4 full years on that game and when I tried to pick it up again I just couldn't bring myself to touch it, although I loved the old school A(??) Basin BG

YOLO

Best Regards,

RG

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not really, maybe like a month when the next xpac drops.

though if yall are actually interested in playing with GBers you could try and revive the ol bomb squad community guild/s

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/zuljin/Bomb_Squad/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ysera/Bomb_Squad/

dont know who'd be able to let a in though. the perks for a leveled guild might be worth the hassle.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've always been mildly interested in Wow, but the thought of getting addicted to something I'd spend hundreds of hours with was a little off putting. I've never really played MMO's, so I wasn't really sure what to expect other than some basic assumptions about the combat and exploration. Safe to say after watching the video I'm definitely never going to play Wow. Definitely not my kind of game. I might continue to watch Dan and Jeff play it though.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not at all; in fact the opposite. I love the feature though.

kerikxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By kerikxi

I'm a WoW veteran back to the launch of vanilla, but only really got deep into the endgame with Wrath. I eventually ended up running one of the top raid guilds on our server, but man, that was literally a full time job. We were raiding on average six to eight hours a day, every day. Eventually the guild tore itself to pieces, and I've stayed well clear of endgame content since. I play very casually now, but I still have something around 20,000 hours across thirty or so characters.

So to answer the question, I've never really left, not for long anyway. Sometimes I won't play for weeks or months, but it's nice to have the option to just jump in whenever. I did create a new character on Dan's server, in the hopes that we can get into some community stuff at some point.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Seikenfreak

Still thoroughly enjoying FF14. Pretty sure I was playing it while watching this vid.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Never played WoW and that video made me realise the game looks like ass. So glad I got into Guild Wars instead.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have fond memories of it but after playing Guild Wars 2 as much as I have, I don't think I could go back. I liked this first video though, definitely looking forward to the next three. Or more, if Dan keeps doing this after the trial.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Spence_5060

It kind of gave me an itch to play an MMO in general. Unfortunately all I have to use is a macbook pro and that kind of leaves me with just playing WoW. Even tho I still want to play it since I have never played it before. If anyone is getting back on or starting for the first time as well I would really like to play with you guys. I guess I give my Battle ID which is Spence5060#1210

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.