Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

With This New Video Series...

• 132 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just created a free account and going back after about 5 years it's just weird as to how much I remember. Looking forward to the rest of the videos Dan will post.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. I'll be waiting for WoD before venturing back. Currently playing Wildstar Online and loving it. Also playing SWTOR & Arche Age with friend, so my MMORPG time is tied up!

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endoworks said:

@fattony12000: This is trouble.... damn trouble....

Loading Video...

In all fairness I have been very much thinking of doing the same thing, I never played any of the newest expansion and WoW is great for just killing time...

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wish they would update the graphics of all the starting areas. That stuff isn't a very welcoming experience for someone who's new and havent seen the newer, prettier areas.

No intention of getting back into WoW though. Firefall though, seems like fun!

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There is a certain fluidity to the way WoW controls and plays that other MMOs can't seem to figure out. Even FFXIV and Wildstar don't seem to hit the right notes with the controls, I don't know what it is but there's just something off about it. It's easy to write off the popularity of WoW to simply being catered to the lowest common denominator, but there's more to it than that; it's a incredibly well made game with some fascinating technology behind it (Cross-realm connections). Be warned, ye who decide to re-sub; get involved with any guild or group of people again, and it has the ability to suck away your very soul.

YOU'RE FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN, LITTLE ICARUS, PULL BACK!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

@endoworks said:

@fattony12000: This is trouble.... damn trouble....

In all fairness I have been very much thinking of doing the same thing, I never played any of the newest expansion and WoW is great for just killing time...

I played vanilla for the 30 day trial period.

I played again for about two hours, two years ago.

Let's transform and roll out...

YOU'RE FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN, LITTLE ICARUS, PULL BACK!

SHUT UP DAD YOURE NOT MY MOM WAIT NO OH GOD

Although...

I'm thinking that I should maybe possibly do a Road To Extra Life 2014 Thing, actually do some streaming and hyping before the big day arrives. Maybe I should finish OverBlood 222222uuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrggggggghjssksdlldldlddd#564#

@fattony12000 Is that wallpaper from Spirited Away?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 Is that wallpaper from Spirited Away?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OH MY GOD I FUCKING KNEW IT.

Also, I might start playing WoW now, even though I hate the idea of MMOs and everything they stand for. I think my life is over.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I lost my original WoW disc through some shenanigans and so I started back with a free access account. WoW is really weird you guys. I haven't played this in ages but the controls feel oddly dated.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been clean for 4 months, I can't go back my life is just getting back on track!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little bit, but just for nostalgia reasons. I'm pretty happy in FFXIV right now, and while I definitely miss my glory days of WoW, I know that it'd be short-lived if I were to go back. I've played pretty much every class, seen every zone extensively, etc. I'm still sort of debating checking out the next expansion for a little bit, but I definitely won't play before then in any case.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I played WoW up into WotLK, and decided I'd gotten all I was probably going to get out of the game. I get curious from time to time, but at this point, the mystique is gone. The world's been explored. Now they're just tacking on more and more to it (making it all less cohesive, at that), and that's less exciting.

If I feel the urge to dive into an MMO again, it'll probably be a wholly new one.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to reinstall the Starter Edition and play that again, but then I just decided to start Rift so I think I'm good for now. That and I need to get back to FF14.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By Evilsbane

I've been back for like a month I have a group of friends that pretty much play all the time, I like to have an MMO to play so WoW works, I know it well so it is pretty easy to slip back in.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This reminds me of the farmville feature when everyone started playing farmville with the interns (myself included).

Funny thing is, I think this is the first time in WoW I've discovered someone I know on the same realm as me (with the number of realms, the odds aren't in your favor). I happen to have all my characters on Aerie Peak, which is convenient.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to reinstall the Starter Edition and play that again, but then I just decided to start Rift so I think I'm good for now. That and I need to get back to FF14.

Having said this I am now reinstalling the Starter Edition. I guess I'll fart around in the game for a week or so (or however long it'll take me to get to level 20) before I uninstall it again.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bemusedchunk

@fattony12000: what server? I'll roll with you - I'm always looking for an excuse to jump back into Azeroff.

Fuck it, add me as a blizzard friend fellas:

Battletag: bemusedchunk#1555

Looking for like minded duders to be internet friends with on the internet.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

After I quit the last time(after cataclysm, I think) I have had no desire to start it back up at all. I've lost a lot of interest in multiplayer stuff in general over the last few years. I reached the maximum prestige level in the first modern warfare, and ever since then I've became less and less interested in multiplayer stuff. I mostly play single player stuff and co-op stuff with my cousin now. New CoD or Battlefield or whatever comes out and I'll play the campaign then maybe 2 or 3 hours of online and be done with it.

I am kinda looking forward to playing Garden Warfare on PS4, though(probably play it mostly when my cousin comes over).

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried WoW once back in late 2010. I thought it was fun for the first 10-ish hours but it quickly grew old for me. I would like to find an MMO that I like, but they all seem samey to me. I got close to trying FFIV when it came out(again) but nothing there tipped the scales. So no, I don't think I want to try WoW again, if anything the video just showed me how much I'm not missing. It was fun seeing Dan react to all this with wonder in his eyes, though!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I didn't play Warcraft for a very long time in the grand scheme of things, and I never got into it as bad as most people, but watching that video was giving me some nostalgia that made me want to pop back in just to check up on it. I probably will after that expansion comes out and my chick looks cooler.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is there a Giantbomb Guild yet that's active? My Blizzard ID is Ravelle#2656

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By Jackhole

I bought a copy of WoW in like 2005, played it for ~30 minutes and then never touched it again. Seeing Dan play it made me realize that if I don't jump in now I might miss out on experiencing this huge cultural touchstone that might not exist in 5 to 10 years. I have some free time right now, so I installed it. I'll see you all on the other side.

No Caption Provided

mrnovember13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

montycliff13#1495. Let's feel bad about what we do with our limited time on this planet yall! Woo!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I wish they would update the graphics of all the starting areas. That stuff isn't a very welcoming experience for someone who's new and havent seen the newer, prettier areas.

Cataclysm was only the second-last expansion, wasn't it? They touched up most of the starting areas when that came out, and replaced most of the quests. At that point Outland and the Draenai/BE starting areas became the most dated in the game.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loafsmooch said:

Cataclysm was only the second-last expansion, wasn't it? They touched up most of the starting areas when that came out, and replaced most of the quests. At that point Outland and the Draenai/BE starting areas became the most dated in the game.

Yeah I remember Cataclysm updating the old stuff, however, Goldshire still looked like shit when Dan was playing it. I dunno, maybe WoW is just starting to get too old for rescue.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@loafsmooch: Well, if the last time they updated the appearance of the environments wasn't good enough to you, it doesn't seem likely that they'll do it again in the near future. Be real interesting if they did, though.

luis3rr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just makes me want to experience the game on alliance side. Never played alliance.

So is there any interest in a GB guild anywhere?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Still staying clean.

Tho the siren call is getting hard to ignore.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Rotnac

I downloaded the free starter edition and played it for a bit but then I got super bored of hunting X number of things and return to quest giver. As far as clicking stuff to death and seeing bars and numbers pop up, Diablo seems to be a more enjoyable experience than WoW.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luis3rr said:

This just makes me want to experience the game on alliance side. Never played alliance.

So is there any interest in a GB guild anywhere?

There's a couple of people who jumped back in to on Aerie Peak including me, but nobody has made a new guild yet I believe.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MC_Hify

@luis3rr: I'd be interested in playing with some duders.

EDIT: drspaceman#1170

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Every couple of years I get the bug.
    Every couple of years I get a mate to give me a Scroll of Resurrection.
    Every couple of years I realise that the abilities have changed significantly or I have totally forgotten how to play my character and so end up rolling a new one.
    Every couple of years I get really, really into it.
    Every couple of years I find myself doing the Burning Crusade stuff, becoming bored out of my mind as that content has aged horribly (lots of kill x, bring x) and I stop playing, leaving yet another 50-something character never to be touched again.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoshisaur: How is ArcheAge? It looks really pretty and the description of 100 classes and sandbox gameplay has me interested.

Also thinking of popping back into WoW with a trial account. Gonna join Dan's server. We should get a little guild up and running there.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never really played WoW, but unlike Dan I have dabbled in MMOs before. That said, I made a free character on Aerie Peak think I'm like level 10 now, like I'm sure many of us did. I'd be up for playing with some Giant Bombers.

jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jimbozu

I re-upped with a 10 day free trial... I was out for 4 years... FOUR YEARS!

God fucking dammit Dan...

EDIT: Alright who wants to get together for a guild? I just got 50g as a tip for signing some guys charter... so I can pay for the charter and a tabard if we can get the 10 (8?) people.

Grindstyle#1941 in game.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By OtterChaos

I remember when WoW first came out, loved playing my gnome warrior up to lvl 50 but then the balance and respec's started showing up in game and I had to play my char differently than I had for all those grinding hours up to the level cap. Started a few new characters as I found I like the journey up to the level cap much more than the end game stuff. Rarely went in end game stuff but my friends were very big into it, I was always amazed at the knowledge it took to get deep into those high level dungeons.

Played Everquest from the get go as well and truth to tell I would rather go back to those days than the early WoW days, just felt more risky to me. Now I also played Ultima Online when it came out and that was an exercise in frustration with constant server reboots and such not. Dark Age of Camelot pretty much rounds out my MMORPG list and that was a good time for awhile, the idea of realm combat and frontiers added a twist to the gameplay.

I'd say no to going back at this point in time, I'll watch Dan hack and slash his way though this all the while wishing he had picked a Horde Undead or Tauren for his char.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruiner#1482. I've been back in a few days now. Currently playing a horde death knight. But i'd be totally down for playing with the GB community and will switch factions/servers if needed.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94  Edited By meteora3255

I actually bought a month sub and reactivated my old account while watching the first video. I played for about 2 hours including doing a dungeon and then didn't feel the urge to continue. We'll see what happens when I watch the next video.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I installed it after the first episode, but hadn't played WoW since Burning Crusade. It was fun at the time to raid player towns and stuff but I never got hooked.

So after about 4 or 5 hours with it I got an urge to play the Old Republic, and boy, going from WoW to TOR is like playing an old Madden game and then playing the latest Madden game. At least I'm assuming there's a "feels different but is pretty much the same sort of thing" with Madden games, cause fuck if I know anything those games.

If I could go back to when hitting up towns and cities was the thing to do I'd play WoW, but as something to click on stuff while doing something else, I feel like there are better (and prettier) distractions to choose from. But man, that open world. Even writing this I'm thinking about reinstalling it just to run around that whole world. It was the only MMO I ever played where exploring didn't need to be incentivized, it was already just so damn fun.

Hm, and since I haven't played it after the Cataclysm, it'll be like exploring another world. And you can fly around the main world too now right?

...shit.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By stokes

Still no guild on Aerie Peak?

Got a worgen lock there. Battle.net ID is Teleto#1133

jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stokes: I'll put one together if I can find enough GB duders, so far I have 2

And just to reiterate I'm at Grindstyle#1941

TheFakePsychic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 18

#98  Edited By TheFakePsychic

I ended up starting with a free account, and then they gave me 50% off for the game/30 day free trial, and I said sure why not. I'm on Aerie Peak, Night Elf Rogue, my Battle.net thing is FakePsychic#1332 (This is me saying I would like in a GB guild, also)

I have an owl that follows me around and a giant rideable kitty, so I mean, this game's pretty alright already.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MC_Hify

@nezza said:

Every couple of years I get the bug.

Every couple of years I get a mate to give me a Scroll of Resurrection.

Every couple of years I realise that the abilities have changed significantly or I have totally forgotten how to play my character and so end up rolling a new one.

Every couple of years I get really, really into it.

Every couple of years I find myself doing the Burning Crusade stuff, becoming bored out of my mind as that content has aged horribly (lots of kill x, bring x) and I stop playing, leaving yet another 50-something character never to be touched again.

Burning Crusade starts at 70.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#100  Edited By Tom_omb

@tds418: Nice! Emerald Dream is my home server. I'm not currently subbed, but I plan on playing when patch 6.0 hits. If you're Alliance feel free to friend my rogue, Juj. If you're Horde then we are enemies and we shall meet on the battlefield.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.