Can I run it?

#1 Edited by GreenParrot (6 posts) -

Hi guys! I want to play Wrath of the Lich King on my laptop but I'm not sure if it can run it. Can You Run It says I fail on the video card part but I don't know if it's correct. Thanks
System Specs 
Windows 7 64-bit  - Pass 
 Dual Core T4400 2.20 Ghz Processor, speed 3.3 Ghz  - Pass
4 gb Ram - Pass
Mobil Intel 4 Series express chipset graphics - Fail 
Video Ram: Required 128 mb, I have 1.7 gb  
3D: Required Yes, Yes I have 
Hardware T&L:  Required Yes, Yes I have 
Pixel Shader Version: Required 2.0, I have 4.0 
Vertex Shader Version: Required 2.0, I have 4.0

#2 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1333 posts) -

If (processor = >0)
{
Print("yes") ;

elseif

print ("Probably still yes")

}

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -
@greenparrot: If I were, I would start a trial account and test it before you decide to buy.
#4 Posted by GreenParrot (6 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie: I'm sorry. I don't understand what you've wrote.
#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" If (processor = >0) { Print("yes") ; elseif  print ("Probably still yes")  } "
That's not correct 

If(processor >= 0) { 
print("Yes"); 

else { 
print("Yes"); 
}  

You forgot to close the if and open the else, and you didn't need the else if. I GIVE YOU F

Either way @greenparrot: Yes you can. I play it on integrated graphics on my laptop. And finally: You do not have 1.7 GB VRAM if you're using onboard graphics.
#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -
@greenparrot said:
" Hi guys! I want to play Wrath of the Lich King on my laptop but I'm not sure if it can run it. Can You Run It says I fail on the video card part but I don't know if it's correct. ThanksSystem Specs Windows 7 64-bit  - Pass  Dual Core T4400 2.20 Ghz Processor, speed 3.3 Ghz  - Pass4 gb Ram - PassMobil Intel 4 Series express chipset graphics - Fail Video Ram: Required 128 mb, I have 1.7 gb  3D: Required Yes, Yes I have Hardware T&L:  Required Yes, Yes I have Pixel Shader Version: Required 2.0, I have 4.0 Vertex Shader Version: Required 2.0, I have 4.0 "
You can probably run it, but you don't have 1.7gb of dedicated VRAM, you have shared, which isn't at all the same. I could run the 'HD' version of LOTRO on my laptop so I imagine you can run WoW.
#7 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Yeah, WoW really isn't that intensive.  Sounds like your specs are more than good enough to run it on high settings.

#8 Posted by GreenParrot (6 posts) -
@Jack268: It said Video Ram required 128 mb, I have 1.7 gb. I'm just posting what it said. I don't know anything about graphics. 

@AlexW00d: My laptop is HD but evidently my card sucks. 

@JJOR64: That's a good idea. How do I get a trial account?
#9 Posted by OtakuGamer (1223 posts) -

That site tends to be unreliable. But WoW doesn't need much to run, just trial the game first and see what you think.

#10 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -
@greenparrot said:
" @Jack268: It said Video Ram required 128 mb, I have 1.7 gb. I'm just posting what it said. I don't know anything about graphics. 

@AlexW00d: My laptop is HD but evidently my card sucks. 

@JJOR64: That's a good idea. How do I get a trial account? "
It's not a graphics card dude, it is just a chip on your motherboard.
#12 Posted by GreenParrot (6 posts) -
@JJOR64: Awesome! Thanks! 

@Jack268:
@AlexW00d:
@melcene:
@OtakuGamer:
@JJOR64:
@billnyethesciencepie:  
Thank you all for the help.
#13 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

If you're running on anything above a typewriter, yes.

#14 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@greenparrot: Not that it is completely reliable (in fact, it's decidedly shady), but if you type in 'Can I Run It' into google, there is a site which will tell you if your computer is up to scratch. 

Or, corroborate between the recommended system requirements and what you have.
#15 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @greenparrot: Not that it is completely reliable (in fact, it's decidedly shady), but if you type in 'Can I Run It' into google, there is a site which will tell you if your computer is up to scratch.  Or, corroborate between the recommended system requirements and what you have. "
He used Can I run it and it told him he couldn't, it is like the first thing he said.
#16 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Fallen189: Jaja nice.Sadly I am typing this on an IBM.
#17 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" @GetEveryone said:
" @greenparrot: Not that it is completely reliable (in fact, it's decidedly shady), but if you type in 'Can I Run It' into google, there is a site which will tell you if your computer is up to scratch.  Or, corroborate between the recommended system requirements and what you have. "
He used Can I run it and it told him he couldn't, it is like the first thing he said. "
I honestly read the entire post; no idea how I didn't take that in. 

...going to put it down to being exhausted.
#18 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Any modern computer can run WoW. Might not be able to run it well, but it can run it. It would have to be a real PoS to not be able to.  Also, you should probably be comparing your computer to the requirements for Cataclysm instead of Wrath. It isn't that big of a leap forward, but Cata does demand just a bit more.

#19 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Intel HD graphics is a no-go for gaming, even at low resolution with low settings. Sorry. 

#20 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Intel HD graphics is a no-go for gaming, even at low resolution with low settings. Sorry.  "
It actually does work with WoW at 1366x768 at low, but it's not a very pleasant experience

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.