Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

going the distance

Avatar image for redactedprofile
    RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By RedactedProfile

Been playing WoW in my spare time. Whatever little of it ther is.

clicked in 4 hours now, im sitting pretty at the bring of the tipping point for lvl 12 as an Undead Fire Mage, Professions being Herbalism and Inscription, and on the server Ner'Zhul

what really bothers me is WoWArmories ability to update a bit more often then once per lifetime. I tipped over lvl10 as fast as i could to be 'official' and until that profile shows up, im still just faceless :\ Hell, i even have 10gold already how can i NOT be up there by now :(

(ps. im well aware it updates once every 24h im just frustrated)

i love being a mage, anyone got any tips or strategies one could point me to for getting the most out of this class? Being a Damage dealer is my idea of a good time

EDIT: Speaking of WoWArmory,  this is the first character i ever made in WoW a couple years back.
    Whats more interesting? The one in question im playing as now, is an Undead Fire Mage by the name of Phosphorus on a different server :) Why not just continue with this one? I lost that account years back...

RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RedactedProfile

Been playing WoW in my spare time. Whatever little of it ther is.

clicked in 4 hours now, im sitting pretty at the bring of the tipping point for lvl 12 as an Undead Fire Mage, Professions being Herbalism and Inscription, and on the server Ner'Zhul

what really bothers me is WoWArmories ability to update a bit more often then once per lifetime. I tipped over lvl10 as fast as i could to be 'official' and until that profile shows up, im still just faceless :\ Hell, i even have 10gold already how can i NOT be up there by now :(

(ps. im well aware it updates once every 24h im just frustrated)

i love being a mage, anyone got any tips or strategies one could point me to for getting the most out of this class? Being a Damage dealer is my idea of a good time

EDIT: Speaking of WoWArmory,  this is the first character i ever made in WoW a couple years back.
    Whats more interesting? The one in question im playing as now, is an Undead Fire Mage by the name of Phosphorus on a different server :) Why not just continue with this one? I lost that account years back...

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By phlegms

The only MMORPG I have played is Guild Wars, and that failed to get me really into it. I love the idea of them, but In practice they just aren't my type of game.

Vandreren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vandreren
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cogito

One of us, One of us.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

How the heck do you have 10 gold already? 0_0

RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedactedProfile

Dude, Vandreren, thanks for the tips yo! Ill start pumping talent points into my frost then as well.

Should i just buff the crap out of Frost first and then start pumping up Fire at some point? Or should i keep an even mixture the entire time?

As for having 10 gold, it really helps to have friends who are level 75+'s  ^^;;

Vandreren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vandreren

Personally, after around 30 I would just go full frost untill you get the Water Elemental (a pet you summon). After you get that - which is 41 points in Frost - i'd throw 3 points in brain freeze (also frost) making it a total 44 frost points. Then i'd focus on fire and at least get the talents in Ignite. Around 70 I would start thinking about reverting to full fire spec (51 points in fire) combined with some frost talents (primarily for the talents called "shatter" and "ice shards")

Feel free to ask me any other question you may have :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.