Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

How to lose a WoW account?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

I quit wow a while back, mainly because I did it all. I had grand marshall in vanilla, and when I quit, I had like 3 80's, consisting of a tank/healer and a DPS. So I really did it all.

But I know I'm not going to play anymore. Is there any way to...I don't know..give it away or swap it for something O_o

Not a money back thing of course. I just don't want it anymore.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

What I always do is delete all my characters and make new alts to "hold" the character name. Then freeze the account. I've done this probably two or three times. One time I also sold my account for $200.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Just don't pay for it and leave it at that? What does it matter to you if the account still exists? Mine does, but it's been so long since I logged on it doesn't even show my character on the armory anymore. Why would I care it's still there? Who knows, maybe 10 years later I'll go back in (not) and it'll be nice to have my character so I don't have to start from 0 but instead from 70 (unless they delete old characters).

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

It's been frozen for a while, but I know I won't play again. Just wondering if theres anyway I can just spread the fun to someone else.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

You can get them to download a trial and see if they wanna pay for the game themselves if you wanna do that. Starting as a lvl 80 will be missing all the fun of WoW imo. Now maybe if they've played a MMO before it would be nice to skip the first 20 levels but still, it has some fun times even in that, and it does effectively teach you how to play. For me the best time was the journey to lvl 70 (never got the last expansion, quit before it) not after actually achieving it and going to the end game with the mathematics involved and how serious everyone suddenly was about it.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ninjakiller
    Fallen189 said:
    "I quit wow a while back, mainly because I did it all. I had grand marshall in vanilla, and when I quit, I had like 3 80's, consisting of a tank/healer and a DPS. So I really did it all.But I know I'm not going to play anymore. Is there any way to...I don't know..give it away or swap it for something O_oNot a money back thing of course. I just don't want it anymore."
    I quit when Wrath came out, four 70s.   Just leave it, you never know.  Xpacs every 2 years...you never know.
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Do what I did.
    Delete all your characters, remake them with the same names so they can't be easily recovered by Blizzard, uninstall the game, obfuscate your password by typing something like "asdfoijasdfoij" and copy-pasting it to the password change page, throw out the game discs, then, this part is optional, troll your guild's forums if you didn't like them very much.

Edit: Ooh, ooh, I know. You could also ninja your guild bank too and then announce it. That'll give you such a negative notoriety that you'll never want to come back! :D

Edit 2: You can also get it banned by being a dick if you're feeling dick-ly.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By Eder

Anyone want to buy a Human Mage lvl 80?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.