Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

Is the faster leveling noticeable?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Because, I'm one of those people who don't exactly like to work to hard and I'm just wanting to know. Also, about how much is the lvl 30 mounts?

iguessthis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By iguessthis

If you're talking about the 2x levelling speed 20-60, which has been around for awhile: yes. If you're talking about the increased levelling speed in outlands (60-70): yes. If you're asking if levelling 70-80 in WotLK is an improvment over going 60-70, no it isn't. It'll take 1,500,000+XP for each level with 20,500XP being the average quest reward. You can do the math there.

The riding skill at 30 costs 35g, 10g for the mount itself and that's before Reputation discounts.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Does everyone receive faster leveling between 20 and 60?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm not too happy about this...

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Demokk
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "Does everyone receive faster leveling between 20 and 60?"
    Yes, and the softer leveling from 60 to 70.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By jimbo_n

The only way to level REEAALLY fast is to use the "Recruit a Friend" deal that will give you, and a friend you invite to the game, three times the normal XP from level 1 - 60. I just did this and MAN... 1-60 will blaze by in a weekend if you´re dedicated. The fact of the matter is that the constant +300% XP from quests will have you moving to the next area so fast you wont make enough money or gear to actually make it on your own so its good that you´re always 2 people. You need someone with a level 80 or so main to help you out with gold. When you get to level 60 its entirely possible to still have gear thats around level 10. Read more about this at the official site. If you´´re hella tired of leveling and feel you want a new char you might want to consider buying a new Battlechest and let someone invite you in via this deal. When you at level 58 you can split up and from there Outlands is +30% quicker all the time. And shazam, you´re at level 70 in notime.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SoothsayerGB

RAF is definitely fast as hell.  I was able to grind up 3 toons 1 - 60, in under 1 week, real time.  Then gifted myself a free 60 Druid.  8 ) 

Leveling has always been quick in WoW.  But now it's ultra fast.  The Devs clearly want more people to hit cap.  Thats when the game really starts.

Redmethod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Redmethod

Only thing is that RAF once you hit 60 and the triple exp is gone and if you have like me been boosting since about lvl 8 you have to learn the class from scratch which is quite a task when you have like 50 spells you have nvr even used in your spellbook.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Private servers are your friend bro

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

Yes it is extremely noticeable and RAF only makes that much much more noticeable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.