Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

look what you guys are missing

• 70 results
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Royale
    I played WoW from launch up until this last spring, it is a great game with a lot of fun to be had but look:

Fallout 3.
    Left 4 Dead.
    Gears of War 2.
    Call of Duty WAW.
    Fable 2.
    Farcry 2.
    Dead Space.
    etc...

It really sucks that all my friends that are playing WoW are missing out on all of these fantastic games so they can do the same thing in WoW that they have been doing for the past XX years.
    ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ltcoljaxson

Their choice.

The games aren't going to run away... and there's always time.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By OGCartman

Exactly, and have you tried some end game dungeons?
    You sir are the one thats missing out.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Guess what. I play both Xbox and WoW. It's possible.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Kazona

I'm not playing WoW, yet I am missing out on all those games except Fallout 3. First one to guess why that is gets a virtual GB cookie.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stevokenevo

i still find it insane that people play WoW over long periods.  Mainly the money aspect;  Royale said:

"I played WoW from launch up until this last spring,"
    do you realise you have spent at least 36 months of subscriptions on that game?!  36x£8 (in the uk) = £288

glad you are making time for other games now.  Im enjoying at least half of that list so far and waiting for christmas for the rest.
    note*  If people are enjoying WoW so much as to make the money irrelevant, thats awesome.  I got to level 30 and lost interest.
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Royale

I don't care about the money.  At the time it was worth it... and I have the money.  I did take a break from the game when I got married and another when we had our son and looking back I'm glad my priorities were straight there.

I'm glad people are having fun with WoW still and I'm sure it's an awesome game but it's just not for me right now... probably due to time constraints.   Perhaps next summer when the new releases are lacking I'll pick up wrath and level to 80.

Here's the next kicker... reports say that my friends are turning down "being with" their wives in favor of running instances in Wrath... it can't be that good.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Dood, if you just said "my friends aren't fuckin' because they want to play a Saturday morning cartoon", then slap your fuckin' friends for me....

...please.

Even when I was grindin' on WoW (and my g/f at the time played as well)...WoW was NEVER something that overrided good ol' fashion grinding.  = D
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I kind of see what your saying, but if there enjoying the game then I guess more power to em, as for me I manager to play mmo`s and other games equally.

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HiroSeven

I've never played WoW, but I have been playing Final Fantasy XI for about 1 year now. It was my first online gaming experience and I've enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy it. Having said that it will probably be my only online rpg experience since I realized that I was spending less time with console games. It's hard for me not to play console games as those are the types of games I grew up with. It was a great feeling taking some time off of ffxi to play games like Fable II and getting into the online portion of halo 3 etc.

Good times, just need to find a good balance between them and your set! =)

-hiro

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah I'm doing the opposite, I played those silly games and now I'm back on the WoW train.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KindGalaxy

Um, I own Dead Space on PS3, Fable 2 I grabbed on launch day... CoD WaW I'm onto the second Russian mission... Got bored with Far Cry 2, I'm just running around killing bad guys, Gears of War 2 I just started today, am almost finished the first act, love the Horde mode. Havne't picked up Left  4 Dead yet, the 4 maps are detering me from buying it. I picked Gears 2 over L4D. I have a Level 73 Paladin and Level 58 Death Knight, as well as 2 50+ Alts in WoW.
    Just because people play WoW doesn't mean they don't play other games.
    My Raptr profile. Shows you PS3 games played, Xbox 360 games played, PC games played, Wii games played. Today, 2 hours of Gears 2, 1 hour of WoW, 46 minutes of Poker Smash XBLA, 21 Minutes of Spore, 5 Minutes of Far Cry 2.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Royale

You don't need to validate your WoW playing.  I don't care.  That's great that you have the time to play ALL those games.  All I'm saying is that I bet there are a ton of people missing out on lots of great games thanks to WoW, including a bunch of my friends.  If I had the time to play everything, I would.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By PharoahCapcom

I really don't understand the fascination with WOW.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

I didn't know World of Warcraft players can play other games at the same time.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KindGalaxy
    Royale said:
    "You don't need to validate your WoW playing.  I don't care.  That's great that you have the time to play ALL those games.  All I'm saying is that I bet there are a ton of people missing out on lots of great games thanks to WoW, including a bunch of my friends.  If I had the time to play everything, I would."
    Maybe people can't afford all those retail games and are happy paying their $14.95 a month for a single game. I think you're looking at the extreme cases of WoW players, who dualbox, eat hotpockets, consume mountain dew, masturbate to blood elves so they don't have to alt-tab and use their left tit as a gravy bib.

We could all be doing something greater with our lives instead of playing games, through the looking glass, there has to be hundreds of millions of people saying about us, 'there is a ton of people missing out on lots of awesome real life experiences whilst they're stuck in their homes playing stupid video games'. It's all a matter of perspective.

I mean you said so yourself you're married and have a child, that and balancing not just WoW but any games, is a time of change. I was similar to you, played the hell out of WoW until I got married 2 years ago, now gaming takes a very big back seat. It's just balance. I am happy that my wife enjoys the X360 as much as me, sitting down for Poker Smash, or linking our Nintendo DSs for some fun.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb
    CitizenKane said:
    "I didn't know World of Warcraft players can play other games at the same time."

It's true, they can't. No joke. I would know. I used to be addicted, I'm clean now.  Or...should I say, I'm clean for now?
    Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Psynapse

Lol.. i played wow for about 2 years, i missed out on soooo many games, i played others at the same time, but no where near as many... I've done the whole end game, i was guild leader of the top 10 guilds on Dath'Remar. At the end of the day i wasted so much time.

It wasn't just games either... I actually have a life now. Not saying that others cant have a life if they play wow, but its subjective either way.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By coakroach

WoW is the heroin of games

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HitNRun
    Royale said:
    "I don't care about the money.  At the time it was worth it... and I have the money.  I did take a break from the game when I got married and another when we had our son and looking back I'm glad my priorities were straight there.
    I'm glad people are having fun with WoW still and I'm sure it's an awesome game but it's just not for me right now... probably due to time constraints.   Perhaps next summer when the new releases are lacking I'll pick up wrath and level to 80."
    I agree with you for the most part. Personally I think WoW has jumped the shark since the first expansion, but it's still the one game in its weight class in the MMO genre in terms of people. Heck, I don't even think it's the best MMO out. The "end game dungeons" that another poster mentioned are the same boring-ass dungeons that I've been grinding in for 5 years since we got high enough  to try the Deadmines in closed beta, except with different models and art.

But, like you said, all your friends play WoW. They wouldn't play all those games you listed, or even half of them. Most would play a few, some would play most, and very few would play none or all. WoW is unique, even among MMOs, because it's so popular as to be a true shared experience. I would move my friends to WAR or have them join me on Live if I could, but you can't just tell a bunch of people to invest in a new game or buy a console. That's WoW's advantage, it's like a universal language as the market stands right now.
    siLVUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By siLVUR

It's an MMORPG, your friends don't have time for anything that isn't.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Milkman
    lordofultima said:
    "Yeah I'm doing the opposite, I played those silly games and now I'm back on the WoW train."
    This. December 3rd, I get my free month from Recruit-a-Friend. I'm going to log on to be my level 65 human warrior (protection, of course) and never look back.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By toowalrus
    CitizenKane said:
    "I didn't know World of Warcraft players can play other games at the same time."
    Yeah, they can. I'm playing WoW right now (typing this while on the gryphon.) And earlier today played a chunk of Banjo-Kazooie, and will probably keep pushing through Gears 2 on insane later. That "WoW sucks because it ruins your life" think is BULLSHIT. Sorry. I've also got college 14 hours a week, and work 30 hours a week. There you go.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clarke0

Yeah this is the number one reason why I don't play MMO's. Why sink so much time into grinding levels in one game when you could be playing so many others? That and I actually spend a lot of time hanging out with my friends in something called REAL LIFE.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Royale

Entertainment is entertainment, no matter how you choose to partake of it.  I don't watch TV, I don't go to the movies, I don't drink or take drugs.  My free time is either spent hanging out with my family or playing video games with my friends.  If  you truly think WoW is the best option for your entertainment dollar, then it probably is the best bang for your buck.  But, if you are still hanging onto WoW out of habit or because you can't give up your characters that you put months of play time into, it's time to take a step back and look at what's going on around you and what you may be missing.

clarke0 said:
    That and I actually spend a lot of time hanging out with my friends in something called REAL LIFE."
    Whenever I hear somone say something like this I think of this comic.

get laid friends
    get laid friends

To each his own I guess.  If you can manage work, school, family, WoW, and video games... awesome.

If any of you are interested in some of these comics a couple of my friends did, you can check them out here: http://www.akimbocomics.com/?storyLine=Emulsifier_Online&page=5 Alot of them are video game related and pretty funny.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By BoG
    Royale said:
    "You don't need to validate your WoW playing.  I don't care.  That's great that you have the time to play ALL those games.  All I'm saying is that I bet there are a ton of people missing out on lots of great games thanks to WoW, including a bunch of my friends.  If I had the time to play everything, I would."
    Yeah, thats the same situation for me. I'd love to play both WoW and every other game, but I have a hard time finding time to game anyways. Saturdays and Sundays with a few hours throughout the week is it for me, and if I want to experience the season's blockbusters, I can't play WoW. Also, I can't afford the fees.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#27  Edited By citizenkane
    BiggerBomb said:
    "CitizenKane said:

It's true, they can't. No joke. I would know. I used to be addicted, I'm clean now.  Or...should I say, I'm clean for now?"
    We might have to ship you back to WOW Rehab with Andy and Snide.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Chummy8  Online

I quit WoW and started playing Warhammer.  I think I'm at a good place with it now.  I don't play it too much or too litle, just enough time to play other games and enjoy my family.

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wuffi

deathknight is so fun tho. ive pretty much bought all of those and i still enjoy WoW more

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Royale
    TekZero said:
    "I quit WoW and started playing Warhammer.  I think I'm at a good place with it now.  I don't play it too much or too litle, just enough time to play other games and enjoy my family."
    I also started playing Warhammer and it was awesome.  I was the only one out of my friends that was playing it, but I met some good people in the game.  Previously I was able to mix it up with other games and I played it pretty casually.  I made it to rank 24 with my shaman.   But with the slew of new games, I found myself wanting to play more other games so I paused my sub.  I will probably go back to WAR when I'm finished playing everything else... I guess it kind of seems like MMO games for me are games to play during the spring and summer time when there aren't many new games coming out.

Don't picture me as an MMO hater or a WoW hater... even though I hate on WoW plenty... ask my co-workers.  (usually it's just to incite rage and argument)  I've played plenty of MMO games.. from UO to  WAR and plenty in between.  They have their place, but for me it's not during the holiday video game rush.  I think Blizzard would have sold as many copies of their game if they would have released in January like BC, but releasing in the middle of everything else probably hurts sales for the other games.

Oh, and I just picked up Left 4 Dead last night... and OMGWTFROTFLOLPWNT AWESOME!
    Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Demokk

I agree on the fact that many people are just missing lots of good games because of some MMOs (and not only MMOs..), but it isn't the MMO's fault.

I play WoW and still have time to play other games.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb
    CitizenKane said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "CitizenKane said:

It's true, they can't. No joke. I would know. I used to be addicted, I'm clean now.  Or...should I say, I'm clean for now?"
    We might have to ship you back to WOW Rehab with Andy and Snide."

Well, it might not be too hard for me to stay on the wagon. I've been reading up on some of the "changes," Blizzard has made/is making and I really say that I'm not a fan. Increased leveling speed, dual specs, and mount level-requirement reductions among them. Someone up there might be saying, "Dude, I've told you a thousand times not to play this game. But since you aren't listening, I'll just fuck up the game a 'lil so you don't want to play it anymore!" If that's the strategy, it's working...

:O
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By demonbear

It's all about choice. I played fallout 3, dead space and wow and i survived. Try again.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ColMustard

eh. it is what it is... if they were so bored, they would play something else.... I cant play WOW it would end my marriage.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Royale

UPDATE!

I just got done playing about 4 hours of  2v2 Gears 2  via system link with a bunch of my "WoW" friends.   One even said "I forgot how awesome this game is".
    whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By whyzenheimer
    BiggerBomb said:
    Well, it might not be too hard for me to stay on the wagon. I've been reading up on some of the "changes," Blizzard has made/is making and I really say that I'm not a fan. Increased leveling speed, dual specs, and mount level-requirement reductions among them. Someone up there might be saying, "Dude, I've told you a thousand times not to play this game. But since you aren't listening, I'll just fuck up the game a 'lil so you don't want to play it anymore!" If that's the strategy, it's working...

:O"
    I read that as, "I wasted a massive amount of time trying to get these things when they were new, and now I'm angry that people can actually accomplish them without being a complete shut-in."

If you don't like the ENDGAME any longer, that's one thing.  Hating a game for allowing other people to enjoy it is beyond stupid.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Red

Meh, if you're paying $15 a month for games plus 40 for the odd expansion and you have yourself thoroughly entertained?

Why not? I mean, for some people games are just a time waster, for others they're a grind, for others they're an experience.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StaticFalconar

15 bucks a month and he gets all the Gaming forfillment he needs. That is much better than buying a game a month or even a game every two months. So your friend wins and you lose economically.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiggerBomb
    MisoRonery said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

:O"
    I read that as, "I wasted a massive amount of time trying to get these things when they were new, and now I'm angry that people can actually accomplish them without being a complete shut-in."

If you don't like the ENDGAME any longer, that's one thing.  Hating a game for allowing other people to enjoy it is beyond stupid."

You're absolutely right, MisoRonery. Great reading comprehension skills, I must add. Alas, you have deduced the real problem at hand! I obviously hate it when other people can enjoy games too. Bravo, good sir. +1 for you.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead

I was talking to a guy yesterday who used to play WoW as well as plenty of other games and now he's in University, he's dropped all of his other games so he can safely budget for WoW. It also seems that since this happened, he's turned into someone who uses 4chan memes in real life, so that's another person from my past who I never want to see again.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Shadow

I'm the other way around.  I have never played World of Warcraft, but I've always been interested.  The problem is, there is a HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEE barrier for entry for me.  I really don't think I could get into it without being called a noob by everyone I meet even after reaching whatever the hell the highest level is now.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Shadow said:
    "I'm the other way around.  I have never played World of Warcraft, but I've always been interested.  The problem is, there is a HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEE barrier for entry for me.  I really don't think I could get into it without being called a noob by everyone I meet even after reaching whatever the hell the highest level is now."

There isn't a barrier entry, there never has been. That's why WoW is so successful.
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Royale
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Shadow said:
    "I'm the other way around.  I have never played World of Warcraft, but I've always been interested.  The problem is, there is a HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEE barrier for entry for me.  I really don't think I could get into it without being called a noob by everyone I meet even after reaching whatever the hell the highest level is now."

There isn't a barrier entry, there never has been. That's why WoW is so successful."

The barrier to entry with WoW right now is that the majority of the people still think and say that "The game doesn't even begin until you hit the level cap" and for someone brand new starting, that is still a very long way off, even with the leveling boosts.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Royale said:
    "
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Shadow said:

There isn't a barrier entry, there never has been. That's why WoW is so successful."

The barrier to entry with WoW right now is that the majority of the people still think and say that "The game doesn't even begin until you hit the level cap" and for someone brand new starting, that is still a very long way off, even with the leveling boosts."

Now this is true, the meat of the game used to be where it belonged; playing your way to the top. Now that you breeze through the rest of the game, endgame is all that matters. *Sigh*
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By toowalrus

Hey, I started a new dude awhile back. Don't think the game is broken because of the changes to leveling speed. It's still a LOT of great gameplay before you get near the level cap. It's not at all like you're going to be seeing any end game content your first week or anything.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CreamyGoodness
    Royale said:

Here's the next kicker... reports say that my friends are turning down "being with" their wives in favor of running instances in Wrath... it can't be that good.
    "
    sex > warcraft
    Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Superchris129
    CreamyGoodness said:
    "Royale said:

"
    sex > warcraft"
    Warcraft > Boring sex with ugly wife.
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Stevokenevo
    Superchris129 said:
    "CreamyGoodness said:
    "Royale said:

"
    sex > warcraft"
    Warcraft > Boring sex with ugly wife."
    tell her to dress up like a character from WoW.  Apparently WoW players can multitask!
    Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Superchris129

Not my boring ugly wife, Royal's.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Dude

I play WoW and I have beaten 5 of those games and am about to beat farcry 2 as well...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.