look what you guys are missing

• 70 results
#51 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
The_Dude said:
"I play WoW and I have beaten 5 of those games and am about to beat farcry 2 as well..."

I wish I could finish Far Cry 2, already. It's taking me forever.
#52 Posted by The_Dude (827 posts) -

Well, ok ...to be fare I am only like 3-4 hours in, but its the next on my list to beat, so in the next couple weeks I will.

#53 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
The_Dude said:
"Well, ok ...to be fare I am only like 3-4 hours in, but its the next on my list to beat, so in the next couple weeks I will."

:O

It's a 40-50 hour game, dude! That isn't very close to finishing it. =P
#54 Posted by Snail (8770 posts) -

FraCry 2 is tediously long!

#55 Posted by The_Dude (827 posts) -

lol like I said, next couple weeks :)

#56 Posted by Royale (185 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"Hey, I started a new dude awhile back. Don't think the game is broken because of the changes to leveling speed. It's still a LOT of great gameplay before you get near the level cap. It's not at all like you're going to be seeing any end game content your first week or anything."
I don't think the problem was that the game was broken, it's just that the content is no longer experienced the way it was (should be) intended with the rush to the end game.  I just don't see people running Blackfathom Depths or Razorfen Kraul in their quest to reach the end of the game (especially with an appropriate leveled group).  I guess part of the problem would be that there is not enough people at lower levels to enjoy some of that content, but also a part of that is the stigma that all the good stuff begins at the level cap.
With the leveling speed changes, knowing that it's to help people level alts, etc... but I also think that it sends a message to newer players that the lower content may not be as important as the end game content.  Something that is sad is that the majority of players in WoW now have not and never will experience a lot of the old content.  Early raid content including MC, BWL, etc...  A lot of my friends have never ran BRS or BRD.  I like how they brought back Naxx, but what about the other content?

Something that I noticed as I have played the game through the years is... when I finally hit level 60 on my main, pre-BC... it truly felt epic, like I had accomplished something awesome.  I didn't get that same feeling or experience when I hit level 70 which was a little disappointing.

I could rant all day about little things that I think may be wrong in the game, but I guess bottom line is:  enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it... and there are plenty of people doing that.  I just choose not to at this time in favor of other games.
#57 Posted by jakob187 (22311 posts) -

Well, given that in the last two days, I've seen my buddy's level 64 DK overheal himself for a minimum of 2k health with Deathstrike consistently...I have absolutely no ambition to go back to WoW at all now.  OP toons FTL...even if it IS a Hero class.

#58 Posted by raven77 (7 posts) -

i play wow or just started but its hard for me to get into rite now

#59 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
Royale said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Hey, I started a new dude awhile back. Don't think the game is broken because of the changes to leveling speed. It's still a LOT of great gameplay before you get near the level cap. It's not at all like you're going to be seeing any end game content your first week or anything."
I don't think the problem was that the game was broken, it's just that the content is no longer experienced the way it was (should be) intended with the rush to the end game.  I just don't see people running Blackfathom Depths or Razorfen Kraul in their quest to reach the end of the game (especially with an appropriate leveled group).  I guess part of the problem would be that there is not enough people at lower levels to enjoy some of that content, but also a part of that is the stigma that all the good stuff begins at the level cap.
With the leveling speed changes, knowing that it's to help people level alts, etc... but I also think that it sends a message to newer players that the lower content may not be as important as the end game content.  Something that is sad is that the majority of players in WoW now have not and never will experience a lot of the old content.  Early raid content including MC, BWL, etc...  A lot of my friends have never ran BRS or BRD.  I like how they brought back Naxx, but what about the other content?

Something that I noticed as I have played the game through the years is... when I finally hit level 60 on my main, pre-BC... it truly felt epic, like I had accomplished something awesome.  I didn't get that same feeling or experience when I hit level 70 which was a little disappointing.

I could rant all day about little things that I think may be wrong in the game, but I guess bottom line is:  enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it... and there are plenty of people doing that.  I just choose not to at this time in favor of other games.
"

Thank you.

This is exactly why I can't go back to WoW. And it kills me.
#60 Posted by Gizmo (5468 posts) -

For one and a half years I played WoW, and I'm not going to lie, I loved every second of it. My laptops poor performance on it infuriated me though, so I ended up getting a 360 and a HD-TV+nice speakers and quitting. I'm reconsidering going back though, I could use my freaking HD-TV as a monitor dude!

#61 Posted by Superchris129 (414 posts) -

Hell yeah dude, whenever I head up north to my buds house I drag my computer up there to use his kick-ass HD-TV.

I started playing right when the first expansion came out. You know that content that you remember so dearly? I've never seriously ran BRS or BRD, but I've got those same feelings about Kara, SSC and TK. The WoW experience is still there and as good as ever, and I'm sure that I'll grow to love these new dungeons as well.

People like the thread starter and that kid BiggerBomb, don't get it. Our experiences are the same. If getting through the old content a little faster is "exactly why I can't go back to WoW." then that's too bad. It's good for everyone who's already done that content, and doesn't ruin anything for new players.  New players are going to have fond feelings looking back at what they had to do to hit the cap too. It's all the same.

So thank you Royale, yes we know what we're missing. (We'll, i've played half of those games, so I'm not missing out anyway.) If you hate that the game isn't exactally what it used to be, welcome to the always changing World of Warcraft.

#62 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6872 posts) -

Fallout 3 is far from fantastic.

That's all I have to say, really.
#63 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -

Pfft, "that kid BiggerBomb." I've grown to the ripe old age of 16 and I resent that.

#64 Posted by Royale (185 posts) -
Superchris129 said:
I started playing right when the first expansion came out. You know that content that you remember so dearly? I've never seriously ran BRS or BRD, but I've got those same feelings about Kara, SSC and TK. The WoW experience is still there and as good as ever, and I'm sure that I'll grow to love these new dungeons as well.

People like the thread starter and that kid BiggerBomb, don't get it. Our experiences are the same. If getting through the old content a little faster is "exactly why I can't go back to WoW." then that's too bad. It's good for everyone who's already done that content, and doesn't ruin anything for new players.  New players are going to have fond feelings looking back at what they had to do to hit the cap too. It's all the same.

So thank you Royale, yes we know what we're missing. (We'll, i've played half of those games, so I'm not missing out anyway.) If you hate that the game isn't exactally what it used to be, welcome to the always changing World of Warcraft."
Well put sir.  I suppose it's just not for me right now... and you're welcome?
I don't hate the game... it's just that some of the changes made don't appeal to me.  Maybe I just need a break.  Maybe after a year out or whatever I'll be ready to take it all back in.  I'll probably drop my main and either play an alt or roll something brand new... maybe a death knight.. I hear there aren't many of those... :)
#66 Posted by jakob187 (22311 posts) -

Well, I'm back on WoW.  Gotta say, doesn't feel that much different...but man, the whole Dragonblight thing at the Wrath Gate was E-P-I-C!!!

#67 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12656 posts) -

I still am not a fan of MMO games. The problem I have with them is threefold:
1. Unlike several of the posters above me, I am garbage at multitasking. Combine this with homework and I have a problem.
2. At a high enough level you need to have actual social contact with other people if you wish to continue to grind. I happen to dislike social contact, especially with people who are capable of abusing their anonymity in games like this one. (This was Jeff's problem with WoW and the main reason why he quit, by the way)
3. At roughly $180 a year, I could have bought three other full-price games with that money or had more than 3 years of Xbox live gold.

But you are more than entitled to continue to pour money in Blizzard's pocket. After all, if you find a higher measure of entertainment in this one game than you would in several others than you are free to continue the grind.

#68 Posted by barbacious (27 posts) -

Yeah man you got a point, but WOW is pretty addicting.

#69 Posted by Hexpane (1435 posts) -

Some people like the horrid color purple, hence WoW's success... go figure

#70 Posted by EvilTwin (3312 posts) -

I'm in the same boat as BiggerBomb and Royale.  WoW has become too pandering and too bloated.  Pre Burning Crusade there was something magical (yes I said magical) about discovering a new area, or killing a 40 man boss for the first time.  Hell, even wiping in a raid instance for the first time with your guild was amazing.  Now it's just too much of a well-oiled machine.  Everything has been refined to a T, and killing bosses is just business as usual.  It's like filling in the edges of a map.  Exploring them is the fun part.  Once you know where and what everything is, the magic of the adventure is gone. 

#71 Edited by Lieutenant (357 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"CitizenKane said:
"I didn't know World of Warcraft players can play other games at the same time."
Yeah, they can. I'm playing WoW right now (typing this while on the gryphon.) And earlier today played a chunk of Banjo-Kazooie, and will probably keep pushing through Gears 2 on insane later. That "WoW sucks because it ruins your life" think is BULLSHIT. Sorry. I've also got college 14 hours a week, and work 30 hours a week. There you go."
I've never understood the WoW hate and the MMO stereotype of the basement virgin who has no life and lives off hotpockets. I used to play a ton of WoW but that it never stood in front of my social life or my life in general. Never met anyone who fit the stereotype either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.