No hype?

#1 Posted by Blinck (185 posts) -

Hello everyone!
First of all, I'm not here to troll or anything. I don't play WoW for some months now, but i've been following the previews of WOTLK etc..
What I'm finding very odd is that there is no Hype. The forums here and on other websites are dead, you don't see any great advertising etc...
I just don't see many things about the game, I even forgot it was out already...it seems like an underground thing or something..I remember when Burning Crusade came what it was much more crazy....so I'm just wondering what is happening? Am I missing something or what?
Take care.
Blinck

#2 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Why would anybody hype an expansion?

#3 Posted by Blinck (185 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Why would anybody hype an expansion?"
Because it's the expansion of the most played MMORPG/Game in the world. And expansions for MMO's are not like expansions for FPS's...it's something quite bigger.
#4 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
Blinck said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"Why would anybody hype an expansion?"
Because it's the expansion of the most played MMORPG/Game in the world. And expansions for MMO's are not like expansions for FPS's...it's something quite bigger."
Blizzard is just beating the dead horse, most people have got over the "addiction". And there isn't that much WoW players on sites such as GiantBomb, GameSpot etc. They would most likely be on a specifc WoW site.
#5 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I don't know, I think most people have gotten over it. I know I have. After playing WoW, I don't think I'll ever play another MMO again. Such a waste of time.

#6 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Im not sure what you're talking about.
I know alot of people that were extremely hyped for this expansion.
Speaking for myself, i was. Looks fucking epic.
And it surely didnt disappoint, i cant wait to do some of the insane 80 dungeons in Northrend

#7 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I have a level 70 hunter, found the end-game content for TBC atrocious, uninstalled WoW and froze account.

I will be re-entering WoW soon though, once I get a better computer.
#8 Edited by pause422 (6179 posts) -
TheJollyRajah said:
"I don't know, I think most people have gotten over it. I know I have. After playing WoW, I don't think I'll ever play another MMO again. Such a waste of time."
Exactly, its a 4 year old game(nearly 5 now) that besides new areas to run around in hasn't evolved one bit, and has gameplay and shit so easy and dreadfully boring a 4 year old can do, that and I just find it so childish, Warcraft was just born from them needed a name for the bastard child of Warhammer, since they weren't allowed to do anything with a Warhammer game..now we have this. I'll never understand the appeal that people have with this game, or why they do back to it/continue to stick with it.(I'm not saying your dumb or wrong or anything though..I don't need an explanation, this is just my opinion)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.