Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

Patch questions

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dizzyhippos

I read on the WoW page that there are supposed to be more patches coming before cata is that a guess or has blizz confirmed this?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

As far as I know (not that I'm an expert) this is essentially speculation but considering we don't yet have a release date for Cataclysm and the frequency with which Blizzard have been patching the game I think it's highly plausible that we'll see patches before the next expansion, there are of course no guarantees on how major those patches will be though.

Bozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Bozar

There's rumors that there will be at least one big pre-cataclysm patch (dubbed 3.9) which will add the events that will enable the Gnomes to retake Gnomeregan and the Trolls to retake their island, which will turn into their new starting zones.

They will probably also release a 4.0 patch before the actual release of Cataclysm as well which adds things like the new talent trees and redesigned gui etc.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @Bozar said:
    "

There's rumors that there will be at least one big pre-cataclysm patch (dubbed 3.9) which will add the events that will enable the Gnomes to retake Gnomeregan and the Trolls to retake their island, which will turn into their new starting zones.

They will probably also release a 4.0 patch before the actual release of Cataclysm as well which adds things like the new talent trees and redesigned gui etc.

"
    Ya I am assuming ether September or November for cata especially with blizzcon being in October I don't think they would want to drop a talent tree altering patch before there big invitation PVP matches. Then again its blizz they might do it just to fuck with people

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.