Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

75k Gold Lost to a Pet Bug

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mike17032

Long story short, because of a bug Blizzard has known about for a few months now I lost a pet worth 75k. I have a ticket open, but from searching other threads about people who lost pets most didn't get them back.

Here is a link to the thread I started on the general forums for WoW, if anyone has something to add it can't hurt maybe getting this game breaking bug addressed.

Thanks for the help.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By EXTomar

What pet is worth 75k gold? What link? I've lost a pet or two but that was due to the merge when the feature was introduced which I shrugged off.

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viscous Horror, and they actually go for around 100k on the AH of Stormrage.

This bug has to do with the pet cage turning into a generic cage item and not being learnable anymore. It has been going on for months, and it seems most of the time people are just told "tough luck" by blizzard and are out the pet.

It baffles me that a bug causing players to lose items is allowed to go on for so long, and is not even being advertised to players.

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mike17032

Oh and this link, thanks for the reminder: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573317868?page=1

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Welcome to World of Warcraft. This is nothing new at all.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the pet off of Primordius. I don't know what to say because trading this away even for gold seems...weird since it only comes from Normal or Heroic. I would have assumed they were "Tradable: No" to begin with.

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First for me, at least with something this egregious.

And if I don't get it back it will be the last time too. My account has been active since the day the game launched, but I won't give another time to a company that treats its players with such disrespect. Item loss in an MMO is game breaking.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@the_laughing_man said:

First for me, at least with something this egregious.

And if I don't get it back it will be the last time too. My account has been active since the day the game launched, but I won't give another time to a company that treats its players with such disrespect. Item loss in an MMO is game breaking.

I started playing in Beta and stopped at Burning crusade. Ive seen a lot of this and they wont admit to it unless someone shows it off IE a big streamer shows the bug in his stream and shows an admin telling him off.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By HerpDerp

Meh, it's Blizzard, in all the years you've played, have the mods ever helped casuals out? Hard to give them shit though, considering the community that they've had for the last few years. Dealing with the majority of those punks would probably try just about anyone's patience.

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really qualify as casual. I have 10 90s at this point all geared via PvP.

Of course PvP isn't great for income, so the 75k was pretty much all of my gold.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.