Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

[A] Lincoln Force [EU-Khadgar-PVE] is looking for members! + Stuff you might want to know

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shagral

Hello everyone! Legion is nearly upon us and a rallying cry throughout Giant Bomb EU community has been made in this thread. We now have a guild set up for Giant Bomb members looking for fellowship come Legion. Unfortunately, there's a bit of a 'chicken and egg' situation. For a guild to be useful to anyone, it has to be past a certain threshold of active members. So consider this an official invitation! /w in-game Adamine to join.

Some of you may be potentially interested, but reluctant to make commitments/arrangements. I appreciate that. Let me try to alleviate some of the potential concerns.

• If you buy Legion, you get a lvl 100 Legion-ready character for free. Which means you don't have to spend money or time on a new character for Giant Bomb guild. With cross-realm zones and cross-realm parties and raids it is probably a bad idea to pay that ridiculous amount of money for character transfer these days. And believe me, levelling a character 1-100 (even in full Heirloom set) is the fastest way to burn out on the game right before the shiny new expansion comes out. All this means is that if you want to play WoW with Giant Bomb members, the best way to do that is to buy Legion and make a free lvl 100 Alliance character on EU Khadgar PVE. Ok, you say, but what about all the cool stuff on my main character on a different realm? Well...
    • Your "main" probably doesn't matter as much as you think. A lot (and I mean a lot) of stuff is account-wide now. Most of the stuff you probably cherish - some rare mounts, cool-looking gear, rare pets and toys - are all account-bound now, accessible from Collections menu from any character. That includes transmog items - all of the gear you old characters have can be permanently unlocked in your Appearance collection. You just have to log on to that character once for the game to register all your items. So there's no real reason to hold on to your old characters nowadays.
    • Alliance is where it's at. Why? Three reasons. Reason one - realm data simply shows that EU PVE realms have more active players on the Alliance side. Reason two - Legion feels like an Alliance-focused expansion, much like Warlords was Horde-focused. In Legion, we have characters like Illidan, Maiev, Khadgar all playing major roles. Burning Legion, Emerald Dream - that's all mostly Night elf/Alliance stuff. So playing Alliance this expansion seems like a good fit lore-wise. And reason three - it doesn't really matter that much anymore. I played both Horde and Alliance throughout the expansions and at this point I could care less. There's no faction rivalry/pride to speak of anymore. Blizzard's story efforts made sure of that. It's all one big happy family now.
    • Guild raiding made easy. Raid size is now flexible. People can now make a raid group anywhere between 10-30 people and encounters will scale appropriately. You can even invite Real-ID friends from other realms to fill some spots! This means that normal people can now experience some real guild-run raiding without scheduling their lives around it. And if you could care less about raiding? No problem. WoW has tons of stuff to do and all of it is so much more fun with people you like. Playing solo != playing alone.

I hope that answers some questions/concerns for some people. If not - feel free to ask here. Otherwise, join Lincoln Force! (/w Adamine Khadgar-EU) You can also leave your battle tag in this thread.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FlipperDesert

You can also add my battletag (VideoJames#21896) and I'll add you into the guild, we're not planning on being gigantic but hopefully big enough to do some 10-man raids together and actually be a friendly guild for people willing to help each other out.

However, the guild name is Lincoln Force! Roy's Boys didn't allow for the apostrophe, sadly.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmmm, never made an alliance character, and I still have the free level 100, I will have to jump on sometime and join!

I only recently came back (took a break not long after Warlords launched) so will be good to get back into it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@shagral said:
    • Alliance is where it's at. Why? Three reasons. Reason one - realm data simply shows that EU PVE realms have more active players on the Alliance side. Reason two - Legion feels like an Alliance-focused expansion, much like Warlords was Horde-focused. In Legion, we have characters like Illidan, Maiev, Khadgar all playing major roles. Burning Legion, Emerald Dream - that's all mostly Night elf/Alliance stuff. So playing Alliance this expansion seems like a good fit lore-wise. And reason three - it doesn't really matter that much anymore. I played both Horde and Alliance throughout the expansions and at this point I could care less. There's no faction rivalry/pride to speak of anymore. Blizzard's story efforts made sure of that. It's all one big happy family now.

This is something I wish they'd just sort out and forget about except for battlegrounds. I'm sick of having friends who are playing horde characters that I can't play with. Just let us do dungeons and raids together and group together. Horde vs Alliance literally has barely been a thing since the first expansion and over time it's taken a further and further back seat as bigger and bigger world ending events require co-operation between both factions.

Something you might want to include is that you can now have a trial of any class at level 100 before you select to use your free boost. It's useful to get an idea of how those classes play at that level so that you don't go wasting your boost only to discover that you really don't actually like playing a rogue.

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shagral

@jesus_phish said:

can now have a trial of any class at level 100 before you select to use your free boost. It's useful to get an idea of how those classes play at that level so that you don't go wasting your boost only to discover that you really don't actually like playing a rogue.

Wait what? How? I just recently boosted my warrior and did not see an option like that!

/agree on the faction stuff. Same goes for realms - I'm frankly surprised they still have them. By this point I thought they'd move to a fluid shard system and just have regional servers maybe with PVE/PVP division. In general, they should remove any and all barriers preventing people from playing together.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagral: I might be wrong, maybe the trials don't hit until Legion does, but they did say that feature is coming.

My one guess as to why they don't let people play together cross faction or cross realm (unless you happen to be in the same battlegroup etc) is that they still offer services for those at rather expensive costs. If you really want to go play with your Horde friends, it's €25 to do it and then you're a horde character. I hope that in time they get rid of it because of the years my friends have all become scattered and none of us really want to start forking out money on character faction changes.

The main reason I wont is because almost all my characters are alliance and I use them all to help each other to make money.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robbparris: Add my battletag. :) VideoJames#21896

I'm annoyed by all of the service stuff, really. It's 2016, I know it's not that difficult to change a name but the prices are still high. They should go out of their way to remove as many barriers as they can to playing because it's the dated traditions they keep that hold people back from seeing all the really cool stuff.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jondan

Going to admit, I am tempted to re-up and check this expansion out

edit: got my account region switched from US/Oceanic to EU. Here goes nothing.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am tempted as well. Put me down as a tentative raid healer (I have a lot of early-mid WoW raid experience).

Avatar image for deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a
    deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw, the Legion Invasions that are happening in game at the moment gives you massive xp! It took 4 invasions to do 97-100.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borklund: @jondan:

Send me your battletags in a PM. :) Or add mine, we'd be glad to have you on board though I gotta send you an invite first!

Btw, the Legion Invasions that are happening in game at the moment gives you massive xp! It took 4 invasions to do 97-100.

Well, it's an easy death for a 100 is why, heh. Would you be interested in joining too?

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnnymcginley

I'm interested.

I have two 100s on Lightbringer but willing to try out a new realm since I don't have a guild. I have limited raid experience (beyond LFR) but did some normal raids and mythic dungeons in Draenor..

My battletag is ChipsAhoy#2508

Aarun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Im up for it Aarun#1567

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion launches tonight (11pm UK, 12am CET) so there's never been a better time to get a character going and join the GB guild!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is the guild still active might join ?

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
    Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave in to the hype and reactivated my account, hadn't played in 4 years and it's got it's claws into me again, this is a really good expansion.

staytore#2863 Battle tag if I could snag an invite :)

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FlipperDesert
    Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Have not played since vanilla. But Rorie's streams have snagged me. MisterV#2409 If you don't mind another (very) lapsed player

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: Don't mind at all! I imagine not many of us have been serious raiders and I wouldn't expect everyone to be experts, we have a few returning players from as far back as WotLK.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How active is this currently and how active do you expect it to be in say a month?

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy: 22 members in total and we had about six on last night talking about the PS4 conference. I'm hoping to have enough people for a raid group, though I can't see into the future sadly and say how active we'll be. :p Are you interested in joining us?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flipperdesert: I am, I played way back when but never really raided much. Just started playing again about 3 months ago and have fallen down a deep hole, trying to level up 1 of each class to max. Only just found out about heirlooms yesterday X). That could have helped.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy: Add me on Battlenet. :) #VideoJames21896

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By borklund

Quick little update for anyone that's reading the thread but hasn't joined yet: We have 6 people already at 110 and geared for the raid, which comes out tomorrow. If anyone reading it is still thinking of giving it a go, you should! It's the best WoW has ever been, and it doesn't take too long to get to 110 and geared up. All classes welcome (another healer and ranged DPS are extra welcome, paladins and demon hunters less so (but we'll still have you of course)).

Edit: When you buy Legion you get a free 100 boost. There's no reason not to get back into it!

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will do now, sorry been busy this last 2 weeks!

@borklund:

I already used my 100 boost X( but am considering dropping another 40 to play an elemental shaman with you guys

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy said:
    @flipperdesert said:

will do now, sorry been busy this last 2 weeks!

@borklund:

I already used my 100 boost X( but am considering dropping another 40 to play an elemental shaman with you guys

You can start fresh if you'd like, but we'd love some ranged DPS. :) I'm actually trying to get an Emerald Nightmare run going tonight though I don't think we have enough people to make our own group yet.

It turns out the hashtag is in the middle, so VideoJames#21896

shinsei_znx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi all,

Just recently jumped back in to WoW and was wondering if this guild is still active? Would like some duders to play alongside and chat with.

Please shoot me an invite if possible, Battletag is ClickFighter#1467

Thanks!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

I'm without a guild myself, probably played more WoW recently than I did when it first launched. Mainly leveling up my Human Monk through the content (I never experienced any of the expansions). Trouble is I'm UK based and on a different server so the guild wouldn't be available to me. Still, sounds awesome to play with some duders.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nnickers

So I thought earlier today about getting back into WoW for the first time since Cataclysm and remembered seeing this thread a while back. I'm in the US though, and while I don't see a Khadgar realm under the Oceanic region (I don't see a region called Europe, etc) I do see Khadgar under the United States region. Is this right?

My Bnet handle is nnickers #1361, by the way.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By linkster7

@nnickers: Sadly wow servers are regional, so are the licenses. So you can only play on US servers and would have to buy a EU copy of the game to play on the EU servers.
    @machofantastico: Even though guilds dont work cross realm, we can invite each other to groups and play cross realm. So add me on battlenet (Linkster7#2750) if you want someone to group up with for some dungeons or other stuff.

mjl51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see anyone online from the guild anymore? Could do with some company for mythics, and Tomb of Sargeras has just come out. Shall we give it another go?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.