Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

A world beyond level 30

shakashuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By shakashuri

After watching the quick look of the Wow Cataclysm it hit me that I had never seen anything of World of Warcraft beyond level 30. Once the next expansion hit all the old content would be gone for good, and though perhaps it didn't really matter the bug to play once again bite me. Back in the early years of Wow I had started an Undead Shadow Priest on the recommendation of friends who were playing at the time. I started to hate it around about level 20 but continued as best I could up until level 30 at which point most of my friends just up and quit.

Chatting to somebody at work they suggested I try another class, namely the Warlock and Hunter. However never doing things by half’s what started as two characters jumped into seven. Even though playing as a Blood Elf Warlock and Draenei Hunter was more fun than Priest I wanted to try every class I could. Before I knew it I began juggling..... 

Human Paladin

Undead Mage 
    Draenei Shaman  
    Night Elf Druid 
    Blood Elf Priest - What can I say I love healing people 

Funny thing was despite the ease of which quests are done I never really got to see a whole deal. I tried to get as much rest exp out of each character and now the changes have begun. But I don't regret starting again, I have learnt a whole bunch and now I know the Shaman is my favourite class but hey I only just got a character to level 31 so, now I can really get to see something brand new.    

shakashuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By shakashuri

After watching the quick look of the Wow Cataclysm it hit me that I had never seen anything of World of Warcraft beyond level 30. Once the next expansion hit all the old content would be gone for good, and though perhaps it didn't really matter the bug to play once again bite me. Back in the early years of Wow I had started an Undead Shadow Priest on the recommendation of friends who were playing at the time. I started to hate it around about level 20 but continued as best I could up until level 30 at which point most of my friends just up and quit.

Chatting to somebody at work they suggested I try another class, namely the Warlock and Hunter. However never doing things by half’s what started as two characters jumped into seven. Even though playing as a Blood Elf Warlock and Draenei Hunter was more fun than Priest I wanted to try every class I could. Before I knew it I began juggling..... 

Human Paladin

Undead Mage 
    Draenei Shaman  
    Night Elf Druid 
    Blood Elf Priest - What can I say I love healing people 

Funny thing was despite the ease of which quests are done I never really got to see a whole deal. I tried to get as much rest exp out of each character and now the changes have begun. But I don't regret starting again, I have learnt a whole bunch and now I know the Shaman is my favourite class but hey I only just got a character to level 31 so, now I can really get to see something brand new.    

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By scarace360

Dude never been farther than level 30 O_O. Man you really need to play more

shakashuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shakashuri
    @scarace360:
    Tee Hee, thanks for the comment, you are quite right, started to join guilds has made the game a whole lot more fun, and the new dungeon finder is a godsend so I don't have much of an excuse anymore
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

All the old shit's gone as of tuesday, I'm glad I went through the game one last time on a new character. I literally did every quest I could in every zone, got the Loremaster and Seeker titles, and now that everythings changed, I get to do it all again... I'm thinkin' goblin warlock. Wait, can you be a goblin warlock? Probably not.

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tyashki

Goblins can be anything except paladins and druids.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By melcene

I'm ticked I never finished my Loremaster Achievement.  I meant to have it done before Cata, but I quit back in May and just started playing again this last week. 

Also, 

@RiotBananas said:

" Try juggling:  

• Undead Mage (80)
    • Orc DK              (80)
    • Troll Hunter      (80)
    • Human Paladin (56)
    • Orc Warlock       (55)
    • Troll Shaman    (40)

I don't know who to "main" in Cataclysm! I'm seriously thinking Goblin Rogue/Undead Mage. "
    Completely understand, I'm in a similar boat.  Here's what I've got at the moment: 

Destro/Demon Lock (80) 
    Holy Priest (80) 
    Holy/Prot Pally (80) 
    Frost Mage (64) 
    Frost(DPS) DK (64) 
    BM Hunter (43) 
    Resto Shammy (43) 

Prior this last year, my Lock had been my main, though before my break, my priest was starting to feel like my main.  Currently I can't even say who my main is.  I haven't really played my lock other than to spec her since the patch.  I've been having a blast on my Mage and DK. 

Also, final thought - I'm actually kinda ticked about some of the changes.  Some things we worked really hard for are just given away.  Other things are just absurdly changed.  Example, my mage still had on a Don Mauricio's Ring from Scholo.  Only now that Scholo is like a late 30s zone, my 64 mage came back from a break wearing a fricking ilvl 40 piece of crap because the gear got downtuned.
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By hexx462

Also in the same boat on character indecision, currently have:

Blood Elf Mage 80 (going to change him to a Goblin ASAP, kind of hate playing a BE male)
    Orc Shaman 80
    Undead Death Knight 80
    Blood Elf Paladin 80

Then various alts that don’t matter, though I am leveling a Troll Druid and having a blast with it. I’ve also had this odd desire to play a Goblin Warlock since the game came out so (yeah I was all giddy when they announced Goblins) I’ll be starting one of those up on release.

I’m really digging how Death Knights and Elemental Shamans play now, but the Mage has always been my class of choice.

Back on topic though, now is a great time to level a new character since the content isn’t horribly outdated anymore. The quest lines are a joy to play and the progression makes a lot more sense than it used to. Just find the class that feels the most fun to you and keep leveling.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By melcene
    @gakon5 said:
    " Unlike most of you I only have one level 80, and I can't tell if it's going to be my main this expansion.  But it's my first character! 

I have a lot of alts, the highest level being a solid 75, but I really wouldn't know what to do with another 80 or two if I got them there.  I'm not interested in getting multiple classes to 80 just for the sake of it, so I'd rather do all my major questing, achievements, holiday/world events, etc. on one character. "
    I was a guild leader.  My main was a DPSer but we were always needing a tank or a healer for raids, so I ran up both :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.