Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Anyone else miss Dalaran?

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lavaman77

It seems like it was only yesterday when i was hopping around on my mount as a tauren druid talking to my friends while waiting for LFG. If there is any city that i sorely miss it's definitely this one. I'm happy that i came into the wrath era and enjoyed this game when it was at it's best.

FMinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FMinus

I recently transfered from a dead server to a relatively full one. There's more people hanging in Dalaran as there is people on my old server - so yeah, Dalaran is still alive and kicking, especially with the portal to Caverns of Time, a lot of people decide to hang there.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I hated Dalaran, still do.

For some reason the loadscreen is beyond slow when I portal or HS there and the music gives me a instant headache.
    I preferred old school Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, these mixed bag ally/horde nonsense doesn't do it for me.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

Nope, cities like that in the game were so spread out or isolated from everything else that it was just more of a hassle to go to. Much preferred places like the Undercity where it was easy to make a loop, get everything & head out.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im not sure if I miss it but I do like how quiet it has gotten. Oddly enough it still take forever to load compared to every other city in the game even when its empty.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Back in my day Dalaran had a big pink bubble around it. I never was in the city version of it.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By zeushbien

No, I was already out of love with the game by then.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Atramentous said:

Im not sure if I miss it but I do like how quiet it has gotten. Oddly enough it still take forever to load compared to every other city in the game even when its empty.

I am glad I am not alone on this. Ever since patch 4.2 it takes me so long to load Dalaran (and Northrend in general). I have to wonder what happened. I have had upwards of 1-2 minute load times for those places. 

On topic though, I do miss Dal, sort of. It was the first city I think Blizz managed to get right. Absolutely loved walking into a store and the shopkeeper would say hi to me and welcome me back, loved all the throwbacks in it too: full T2 rogue with AQ fish swords, warrior in the best vanilla DPS garb, NPCs in the gladiator area referencing the Arena trading of TBC, constant NPC visitors flying in and out of the city. Such a great experience, and man - that music. It sets the tone of the city up so well, probably my favorite track in the game until Firelands came out. 

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilTwin
    @lavaman77 said:

If there is any city that i sorely miss it's definitely this one. I'm happy that i came into the wrath era and enjoyed this game when it was at it's best.

I'm pretty sure everyone feels that way about their "era."

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @EvilTwin said:
    @lavaman77 said:

If there is any city that i sorely miss it's definitely this one. I'm happy that i came into the wrath era and enjoyed this game when it was at it's best.

I'm pretty sure everyone feels that way about their "era."
    I am here to break your mold, started in vanilla (about 3 months after launch!) and WOTLK was hands down my favorite experience with the game. Cataclysm was well on it's way to replacing it though, but then blizz dun fucked up heroic raids with T12. 

Though what you say in general is usually true unfortunately.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I recently made Dalaran my home. Personally, I just like hanging around it more than Orgrimmar. I just like the scenery, music, and layout a lot more. The only downside really was the initial trip to get there (only takes a few minutes on a mount, but still a pain) and the fact there's no transmog/reforger there. All I gotta do is take the portal to Org then hearth back home, but I would still prefer a transmog builindg in Dalaran.

There's a few people running around there every now and then on my server (which is, oddly enough, Dalaran lol), but of course no where close to the amount sitting in Org/Stormwind.

Keldrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Keldrath

@Zenaxzd: I started around the same time as you (four or five months after launch) and Vanilla WoW is still my favorite WoW. Having everyone hanging out in Ironforge was my favorite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.