Anyone want a free copy of WoW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -

Was browsing my e-mail and got a thank you message for being a veteran.  But i really don't know what else to do with the code.  So i'll post the code below.   It's just a free copy of the base game, which is still selling for like 20$.   Lemme know if the code actually works if someone decides to redeem it.  I was thinking it was a phishing e-mail at first but seems legit from what i found on the blizzard forums and reading the e-mail headers.  I just posted the screengrab incase i was wrong about any shady links.  Just go to battle.net and redeem it there.

*edit* seems code was taken, feel free to share any codes if you ended up getting the e-mail too.

#2 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Free copy of wow but only for 30 days... Unless I'm missing something here.

#3 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -
@Delphye: standard for MMO's.  You buy the game, you get 30 days free before subscriptions kick in.  You'll still have the game in your account unlike trial accounts where you actually have to purchase the game + subscription fee after the trial if you want to continue.
#4 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

Begone drug dealer! 

Kidding. Good luck whoever gets it.

#5 Edited by MentalDisruption (1621 posts) -

Sounds interesting. Too bad you still have to pay a subscription fee after the 30 days though.

#6 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -
@Delphye: It's what you would get if you bought the game in a store. You have to pay the monthly fee after the free month you get with the box.
#7 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

I see. Been out of the mmo game for years now.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

MMOs bore me out, but this is very generous of you :)

#9 Posted by PrioritySeven (322 posts) -

I got one of those codes as well. PM me if you want it.

#10 Posted by IBurningStar (2161 posts) -

Number has been taken now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.