Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Back on the sauce

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By melcene

So, the hubby and I are back on the WoW sauce. 

We had stopped playing (again) back in May, when most of our guild up and walked out because a couple of our best people decided they were leaving.  Though we hadn't  been playing since then, our accounts were still open.  I kept meaning to shut them down, but it didn't happen.  Then by the time September rolled around, I figured I'd just keep them open till the 6 year anniversary anyway, so we could get whatever pet and Feat of Strength.  When the anniversary rolled around, I told everyone I'd be shutting down the accounts right after the anniversary.  After all, I have law school coming up next year (assuming I'm accepted) and I can't afford the time required to play WoW, AND work full time, AND go to law school. 

So the anniversary was the 22nd (November, that is).  Only I thought it was the 23rd.  So I logged in a day late and missed my effing Feat of Strength.  And there's no pet this year anyway.  So I had logged in to check if I got the achievement, to find out all my talents had been reset and the world was changed and blah blah blah.  I show/tell hubby, then proceed to log off.  Think nothing of it for the next couple days because I had Thanksgiving to worry about. 

That is, until the hubby decides to patch and check out his toons.  And I know that if he's logged into the game, that means he's thinking about playing again.  Damn him!  So we're both playing again... I think I finally have all my toons spec'd again after the talent resets. 

I'm kinda glad that we left with no guild pretty much because then I don't have to worry about getting caught by people who want to do stuff.  I can hop on and off the game pretty easily without feeling responsible to anyone. 

I'm not sure about all these changes from Cataclysm though.  Some of the classes seem to play completely differently now.  But some are a lot more fun too.  I'm not sure what I think about the changes to the world.  I'm fairly ticked that the Defias seem to have completely disappeared (what's the lore behind that?) and that WPL and EPL have dropped like 10-15 levels.  The game changes are so expansive that I really just want to start a brand new toon.  But I can't, or won't, do that until Cata comes out because I only have one space left on my server, and that's going to be for my Worgen Druid.   

Honestly though, I have to give Blizz some props.  This is a helluva lot of work (new areas we'll get in Cata plus all the changes to old world) they've churned out in the same space that it took them to do BC or WotLK. 

My biggest problem with being back on the sauce is that when I'm on the sauce, I'm heavily on the sauce.  All I can think about today is how I want to get back home and work on my toons.  Ugh.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By melcene

So, the hubby and I are back on the WoW sauce. 

We had stopped playing (again) back in May, when most of our guild up and walked out because a couple of our best people decided they were leaving.  Though we hadn't  been playing since then, our accounts were still open.  I kept meaning to shut them down, but it didn't happen.  Then by the time September rolled around, I figured I'd just keep them open till the 6 year anniversary anyway, so we could get whatever pet and Feat of Strength.  When the anniversary rolled around, I told everyone I'd be shutting down the accounts right after the anniversary.  After all, I have law school coming up next year (assuming I'm accepted) and I can't afford the time required to play WoW, AND work full time, AND go to law school. 

So the anniversary was the 22nd (November, that is).  Only I thought it was the 23rd.  So I logged in a day late and missed my effing Feat of Strength.  And there's no pet this year anyway.  So I had logged in to check if I got the achievement, to find out all my talents had been reset and the world was changed and blah blah blah.  I show/tell hubby, then proceed to log off.  Think nothing of it for the next couple days because I had Thanksgiving to worry about. 

That is, until the hubby decides to patch and check out his toons.  And I know that if he's logged into the game, that means he's thinking about playing again.  Damn him!  So we're both playing again... I think I finally have all my toons spec'd again after the talent resets. 

I'm kinda glad that we left with no guild pretty much because then I don't have to worry about getting caught by people who want to do stuff.  I can hop on and off the game pretty easily without feeling responsible to anyone. 

I'm not sure about all these changes from Cataclysm though.  Some of the classes seem to play completely differently now.  But some are a lot more fun too.  I'm not sure what I think about the changes to the world.  I'm fairly ticked that the Defias seem to have completely disappeared (what's the lore behind that?) and that WPL and EPL have dropped like 10-15 levels.  The game changes are so expansive that I really just want to start a brand new toon.  But I can't, or won't, do that until Cata comes out because I only have one space left on my server, and that's going to be for my Worgen Druid.   

Honestly though, I have to give Blizz some props.  This is a helluva lot of work (new areas we'll get in Cata plus all the changes to old world) they've churned out in the same space that it took them to do BC or WotLK. 

My biggest problem with being back on the sauce is that when I'm on the sauce, I'm heavily on the sauce.  All I can think about today is how I want to get back home and work on my toons.  Ugh.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hexx462

The new quest design is phenomenal. I rolled up a troll druid for the hell of it and now can't stop playing it. Now that I'm knee deep in Azshara there's no way I'm not finishing as much new content with the new druid as possible. The writing on the quest text is downright hilarious at times and for once I'm immersed in the stories they're telling.  Even if you don't play Horde I highly recommend rolling up a new character just to play Azshara, it's massive (about 100 quests) and many of the quests are quite dynamic with great scripted content. 

So yeah, I'm "heavily back on the sauce" too. Blizzard...

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WJist

Must resist....must resist....

Also, back when I played WoW like a year ago (the 3rd time I said I would quit, got back into it, but then eventually quit again), I never really got into the guild stuff because at the higher levels, the only thing I was really motivated to do were the battlegrounds and the daily quests.

Darn it! I'm talking myself back into this.

tumes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tumes

So I played a little WoW, never got into it, but am considering it just because of all this new stuff. Where should I start?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jack268

Broken computer, this one runs 4.0.3 at solid 10 fps. Looking forward to doing hard heroics in Cata again nonetheless.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By melcene
    @tumes: Does that mean you only played trial, or you had a subscription for a short amount of time, but didn't get any toons very high?   If you only had a trial before, I would suggest going with a trial again.  If you have an account with some low toons laying around somewhere, dust off your account, but leave your toons where they are until you get a feel for the changes.   Mess with a new toon, or multiple new ones as you try out various stuff.  
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hexx462
    @tumes said:
    " So I played a little WoW, never got into it, but am considering it just because of all this new stuff. Where should I start? "
    At this point just pick whatever class/race combo appeals to you and start. All the changes made to the original content at this point are part of the core game and do not require the expansions. There really isn't a steep learning curve anymore and the quests tend be more fun as opposed to grindy.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

I want to start a new character, but I'm gonna go goblin, so I've got another week. Meanwhile, I'm playing Assassin's Creed. It's so good, I may not jump right back into WoW.

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Oullie

I wish you tons of luck in getting into law school and getting through it. 

I hear WoW is hard to quit. My brother keeps going back to it and it looks fine, especially since RPG's in general are huge, fun, time killers. Just remember to eat and feed any pets if apply :]

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By melcene
    @gakon5: Really?!  Yay!!!  I thought I missed it by a day because I noticed that my toons last year got it on 11/22. 

@oullie: I've probably quit and restarted at least once a year for each year that WoW has been out.  But that being said, I go back to other MMOs too.  I'm just an MMO junkie.  Unfortunately, since I'm the wife and my husband is old fashioned (or sexist, as some might call it), I do all the cooking, so there's no way he and our kid would let me play WoW without making sure they're fed lol
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hexx462
    @melcene: Oh c'mon they'll be fine living off boxed mac'n'cheese and ramen. Just tell the kid it's preparation for their early 20's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.