Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Back To Azeroth. Again.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    Returning to World Of Warcraft at such infrequent intervals always leaves me feeling re-overwhelmed as I struggle to get to grips with all the wacky shit that has been introduced over the past few months. I'm sure to the continuous adventurer these changes are gradual, but each time I resubscribe to WoW it's like being slapped in the face. My usual reaction is to complain, loudly, to the nearest player ingame. However I took the liberty of vomiting my disapproval onto the intenet, where it can fester as a bowel movement of despair. Such was my complete frustration at having been left lagging behind by an online community that seems to mature (physically, not mentally) faster than Stilton, my natural reaction was to simply blurt out the following abominations:

I AM PLAYING WOW AND SOME DUDE JUST FLEW PAST ON A BROOMSTICK, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN AZEROTH I JUST WANTED A NICE GAME WITH DRAGONS AND QUESTS I DONT WANT THIS FUCKED UP DRUG RIDDLED EXCUSE FOR A VIDEOGAME I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN EVERYTHING WAS SIMPLER AND TAURENS DIDNT EVEN HAVE MOUNTS THEY JUST RAN REALLY FAST AND TROLLS WERENT EVEN PLAYABLE CHARACTERS BUT NOW YOU CAN EVEN BE GOBLINS AND SHIT WHICH IS FUCKED UP BECAUSE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL BUT ANYWAYS WHAT THE FUCK, YO!!!!!!!!

That about sums up my re-review of Azeroth. It's still, undoubtedly, World Of Warcraft. I don't know why this fact continues to surprise me...

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    Returning to World Of Warcraft at such infrequent intervals always leaves me feeling re-overwhelmed as I struggle to get to grips with all the wacky shit that has been introduced over the past few months. I'm sure to the continuous adventurer these changes are gradual, but each time I resubscribe to WoW it's like being slapped in the face. My usual reaction is to complain, loudly, to the nearest player ingame. However I took the liberty of vomiting my disapproval onto the intenet, where it can fester as a bowel movement of despair. Such was my complete frustration at having been left lagging behind by an online community that seems to mature (physically, not mentally) faster than Stilton, my natural reaction was to simply blurt out the following abominations:

I AM PLAYING WOW AND SOME DUDE JUST FLEW PAST ON A BROOMSTICK, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN AZEROTH I JUST WANTED A NICE GAME WITH DRAGONS AND QUESTS I DONT WANT THIS FUCKED UP DRUG RIDDLED EXCUSE FOR A VIDEOGAME I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN EVERYTHING WAS SIMPLER AND TAURENS DIDNT EVEN HAVE MOUNTS THEY JUST RAN REALLY FAST AND TROLLS WERENT EVEN PLAYABLE CHARACTERS BUT NOW YOU CAN EVEN BE GOBLINS AND SHIT WHICH IS FUCKED UP BECAUSE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL BUT ANYWAYS WHAT THE FUCK, YO!!!!!!!!

That about sums up my re-review of Azeroth. It's still, undoubtedly, World Of Warcraft. I don't know why this fact continues to surprise me...

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mattbodega

Welcome back, friend. It's important to let these things out....and have a good cry.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Burns098356GX

The broomstick is a Halloween in-game event item, it happens every year. As a person who also plays WoW off and on, I do sometimes feel overwhelmed, but luckily I am in a guild (who I keep in close contact with even when I dont play) and that helps me transition back in. Stay current by checking wow-news sites, like mmo-champion.com

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Metroid545

i know what you mean i played WOW when it was first introduced then left andcame back with the lich king update and it isn't the same at all!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

I have had the same experience a couple of times. I haven't been on and seen the flying broomsticks though. Maybe I should check that out. :p
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Burns098356GX

The broom sticks are a mount earned through the Halloween in-game event, they disappear after like 2 weeks or something.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dogbox

I keep thinking about going back when the new expansion hits, but....no, I can't! (Let me know what it's like though.)

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria

Equivalent of old guy going "Back in my day..." or,

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

cheers

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Oni

I love it when I get back into WoW and a whole bunch of cool new shit has been added and my talent points have been refunded and I get to re-spec and there's all this new shit. It's exciting! Still off the wagon though, since late May, even. Probably get back to it around the next patch, assuming Arthas is in that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.