Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Can I buy the WoW starter pack again?

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got back into WoW when the 30 day trial feature was running. At the time, the "starter pack" included all the expansions up to and including cataclysm.

Now I see for black friday that the starter pack is $5, and includes Pandaria, too. Would I be able to re-buy it to get Pandaria? Would I also get the game time on my existing account?

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

Pretty sure it's going to be separate accounts unless you apply for an account merge. I'm not sure how those work anymore and the fact that your old account is a trial version further complicates things.

I'm assuming you bought the battle chest then signed up for the Pandaria trial? Pretty sure you can't merge accounts on different expansion packs.

Should check with Blizzard support. They will be able to give you a definitive answer.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dadjumper

@zomgfruitbunnies:

Sorry, I mustn't have explained clearly.

By "starter pack" I meant the digital battle chest, that's what they were calling it before IIRC. So, I have all the expansions up to Cataclysm and an account that's currently lapsed.

Good idea on asking support, though, not sure why I didn't think of that! Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, okay, the "starter edition/starter pack" is a completely different thing, sorry to be confusing!

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadjumper: In that case, I think you straight up can't do it. Way back when I tried doing the exact same thing and was told "nope." Maybe their policy has changed. Give support a shot anyway.

You could always gift it to someone and when they buy an additional month after the 30 days, you get a free month, as well.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I just went and tried to purchase it again and it just threw me to an "Update to Draenor" screen.

Turns out when Draenor came out my account was auto-updated to include Pandaria, so I can't buy the pack again for the game time.
    I guess that sorts that out.

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadjumper: At least you saved that Pandaria money!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.