Cataclysm needed for new Race/Class combo?

#1 Posted by TheC0ndor (17 posts) -

When Cataclysm comes out i wanna start a troll druid, but this will be my first time playing the retail game(private servers before). I wasn't sure so i thought i would ask here!!!

#2 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Nah, you won't need it.  You won't be able to use worgens and Goblins though.

#3 Posted by TheC0ndor (17 posts) -

Ehh Battlechest is $10 on Black Friday and ill just get wotlk for 30 and ill be good to go for Cataclysm, thanks!

#4 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

As a sidenote, it's been announced that race changing an existing character to a new race/class combo will not be possible until Dec. 7.  So while you're free to make a Troll Druid as of tomorrow, I can't take my current Tauren Druid and race change him.  Not quite relevant to you as a new [retail] player, but worth pointing out for any existing players reading this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.