Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Claiming a WoW Character

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shidira

Not sure what's happening here, but I follow the instructions to the letter and yet they still aren't claiming for me. Is there something I'm missing or a post somewhere that explains it better? I tried forum searching, but came up with nothing. Thanks in advance!

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By brandino

Not sure what you are trying to do.

Maybe you went into specifics i could be of a little more help but the way you wrote this i am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, are you trying to retrieve a hacked character? Trying to claim your refer a friend reward?

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shidira

My bad. What I meant was, under achievements where you have "Manage Accounts" and can add WoW toons to your achievements list, it keeps telling me the character(s) doesn't exist. When I go to claim the character(s) and follow the procedure of replacing my main hand with a fishing pole and logging out, it still doesn't claim them.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shidira

If anyone knows, would you please send me a pm or post here. Thank you very much!

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By FateOfNever

@Shidira: Do you mean for adding the character to your achievements on Giant Bomb? If so, I'm not too sure what to tell you. Just make sure that you have the right region and the right realm selected and double check the spelling of the characters' names that you're trying to add. For some reason the older character I have activated on GB is listed as not existing, though it still adds all my points up correctly, and I just tested adding another character and that character added to the achievements list just fine.

If after double checking the region, the realm, and the spelling, you still can't get your character(s) added, you may need to get into contact with the mods about it to see if they can help, or if it's a known problem that started up due to a) battle.net tags or b) account wide achievements being put in place. (if I had to guess, it would be B, since that's something that was just added and I, personally, haven't logged in under the new account wide system yet, so it may not have 'registered' yet and so my characters are, thus far, unaffected. Not sure.)

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By psylah

Most likely a region issue. Make sure you're choosing your realm in your region (EU or US), if you choose your server in the EU realm list instead of the US, it will say it can't find your character.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shidira

I ended up having to just delete them from my "Manage Accounts" section, then just re-add them and they showed up. Thank you all for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

henry1989929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By henry1989929

wow, good answer. I learnt more about this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

@henry1989929 said:

Oh God, it's happening!

Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Khemitude

@TooWalrus said:

@henry1989929 said:

Oh God, it's happening!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!!

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Trilogy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.