Emerald Dream/Nightmare possibly confirmed at Blizzcon?

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

One question at Blizzcon that is always asked is if we will ever get an Emerald Dream or an Emerald Nightmare expansion. And they have finally answered with simply "It's not a question of if, but when". They said the problem with putting it in right now is that they need to find the correct way of adding it. So possible confirmation of a future expansion? Or the next expansion after Cataclysm?

#2 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

That would accentually be really cool 
And were could the really go with the next expansion,if they do make another one, other than the emerald dream or back into space ?

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11942 posts) -

I've been hoping for Emerald Dream since BC.

Though I'm not sure if I'll ever play WoW again. It's changed too much from the game I used to enjoy.

#4 Posted by Tysman (30 posts) -

I was guessing for the Maelstrom (which is being incorporated in Cataclysm) after Lich King, then Emerald dream. But honestly, with blizzard you never really know what they could cook up. They could come up with something entirely new if they wanted to

#5 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Sorry, that's just Blizzard's way of making it look like they didn't forget and pretend to actually care while also petting their fanbase's heads like the stupid little animals they are.

#6 Posted by EnchantedEcho (739 posts) -

WoW kinda needs to be completely overhauled in my opinion, the combat needs to be faster :/

#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@EnchantedEcho said:
" WoW kinda needs to be completely overhauled in my opinion, the combat needs to be faster :/ "
Unfortunately for such a massive MMO with a huge fanbase behind it; there isn't much room for change without alienating millions of subscribers. MMOs traditionally have been very slow pace, given their grindfest combat and whatnot. Of course, it isn't to say that Blizzard doesn't try to make tweaks to the mechanics. They just like to add small increments of it so its not a huge change. 

I still doubt that combat pace will increase however. You might as well look elsewhere for that such as Guild Wars 2.
#8 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -

It kinda has always been confirmed, the Emerald Dream is just like Northrend. It was inevitable to become an expansion someday in the future.

#9 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:
" It kinda has always been confirmed, the Emerald Dream is just like Northrend. It was inevitable to become an expansion someday in the future. "
That's kinda how I felt.  The Emerald Dream setting may also be an opening to create a new Hero Class, like something from the Night Elves in Warcraft III.  Seems like they could alternate new races and new class for each expansion, but doing either must be a complete pain at this point, especially the latter.
#10 Posted by EnchantedEcho (739 posts) -
@Meteora: I put over 1000 hours into Guild Wars, I cannot wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out, but they are taking forever :|

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.