Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Getting an A Rank in WoW

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

Can somebody who has an A rank tell me what it takes to actually get their Giant Bomb ranking in WoW to an A?  The B range seems incredibly large.  I'm by no means complete, but I have a solid little collection.  I have 6280 points and 605 achievements.   I'm interested in actual numbers.  I'd like to know the scores people with an A have and any B's that are higher than me.
    tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tyashki

All I can tell you is that its more than my 7800 achievement points. 

Its probably over 9000.... *facepalm*

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Tyashki said:
    "All I can tell you is that its more than my 7800 achievement points.  Its probably over 9000.... *facepalm* "

Dammit, that is what I get for dreaming.  The B range really covers an intense span of WoW achievement.  Everyone needs to register every one of their underplayed alts right now.  On the upside (for Tyashki) I found an A with 8010. Right now it's between 7825 and 8010.   I still don't know if the number of achievements you have factors in, but with WoW the vast majority are 10 points so I bet the effect would be almost unnoticable. 
    PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PixelPrinny

No idea, but getting the Insane in the Membrane achievement should automatically get you an S-Rank, imo. People crazy enough to do that acheivement have basically beat WoW, imo (Not that I've done it, I'm not that stupid >.>). 

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By melcene
    @PixelPrinny: I dunno... people on my server seem to grind that out pretty quick.  Not that I've done it either.  WoW is a timesink enough... I didn't need to timesink myself worse with a quest like that.
    soccerkid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By soccerkid82

I hate to be annoying...and I know this may not be the right place for this--but I can't even link my WoW account to GB.  Any chance you guys could tell me what I need to do to link it up to start tracking achievements?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By melcene
    @soccerkid82: From your profile page, click the Achievements tab.  Then click the Manage Your Accounts button on the left.  That should bring up a box asking what type of account.  Select WoW.  Enter realm and character.  Voila!
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By NoXious
    @soccerkid82:
    The same way you do any other platform. Go to Achievements -> Select the "Manage Your Accounts" option. Pick the World of Warcraft Icon. Put the proper continent - realm and name of the character into the screen that should've popped up.

And tada! It's that easy! :-D

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oatz

I haven't linked my account, but I have 9500 points. Would that qualify as A, S or B?

soccerkid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By soccerkid82

If I put in my name and realm properly but it says my account doesn't exist?  Then what do i do?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By melcene
    @soccerkid82: Are you making sure that you have the proper Euro or North American designation?   Make sure your character shows up in the official wow armory, since that's where the information gets pulled from.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungFrey
    @oatz said:
    "I haven't linked my account, but I have 9500 points. Would that qualify as A, S or B? "

9500 would get you an A.  S is only from every achievement, so I think that is impossible for WoW, since there are a number of Feats of Strength you can't earn.  Even if it only counted pointed achievements it's over 13,000 and there are but maybe a handfull of people on earth who qualify. 
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zithe
    @soccerkid82:  I think you have to have played your character in the last few months for Blizzard to keep your character's information up to date.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By DukeTogo
    @YoungFrey said:
    " @oatz said:
    "I haven't linked my account, but I have 9500 points. Would that qualify as A, S or B? "
    9500 would get you an A.  S is only from every achievement, so I think that is impossible for WoW, since there are a number of Feats of Strength you can't earn.  Even if it only counted pointed achievements it's over 13,000 and there are but maybe a handfull of people on earth who qualify.  "
    Feats don't count since they have no point value, but S would entail you being one of the handful of people in the world with every achievement in the game - and then it would drop once the expansion ships.  I wouldn't use WoW as a great example of a game for the Giant Bomb achievement tracking since it is consistently #1 due to the millions of people that play it on a daily basis, it's for all intents impossible to get an S rank, and it's nature as an MMO makes it unique from all other games in the system.

Frankly I think it should be exempt from it since it's like having Farmville on the site - which would be #1 permanently if it were.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IBurningStar
    @PixelPrinny said:
    " No idea, but getting the Insane in the Membrane achievement should automatically get you an S-Rank, imo. People crazy enough to do that acheivement have basically beat WoW, imo (Not that I've done it, I'm not that stupid >.>).  "
    They are actually making that one a bit easier to get in Cataclysm, due to you not having to get Shendelar anymore. I knew I was going to get Bloodsail Admiral with my rogue so I was careful about not doing cartel quests, cause I didn't want to make the grind longer than necessary. After spending a couple hours working on Bloodsail I had it done. Then I did a bunch of turn ins to fix my cartel rep. After doing all the quests I skipped over while leveling I am almost exalted with all 4 goblin cities. That puts the achievement well within reach now. I only have to do two grinds, and Darkmoon isn't even that time consuming if you have the gold to buy the needed materials.
    soccerkid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By soccerkid82

again, hate to keep beating a dead horse--but Its still not working...my character's name is Aliondar...i'm on the U.S. boulderfist server...how is that not found?...i've just played tonight

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By tyashki

Try a different character, see if it works. 

Maybe all the Xbox achievement malarkey is affecting it.

gorehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gorehorn
    @gakon5 said:
    " Actually, the World of Warcraft Armory has been shut down and now redirects to the new WoW community site, which is at battle.net/wow.  All the same stuff exists there, but the Whiskey gang is going to have to, once again, rework their tools to compensate for a webstie redesign. "
    I highly doubt that. It works for European realms (GiantBomb tracked mine just fine) and is integrated into the new Community site, i suspect this is a server issue specific to America. Give it a day or two and everything should be fine.
    gorehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gorehorn
    @soccerkid82: 

Level your dude up some more, it won't be visible to the public unless it's level 10+.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.