Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Guilty Pleasure #2 Admission for the Day

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By melcene

It's hard not to think about WoW when there's all this talk of 4.0 out, and Cata coming very soon. 

My history with WoW is a long and sordid one.  Back before WoW I was an EQ player.  Given that EQ2 was coming out at about the same time as WoW, I kind of expected to be going to EQ2 instead of WoW.  I actually had it preordered.  But it turned out that my husband, and a fair amount of our RL friends were all going to WoW.  In fact, we had gotten into the beta shortly before it went open.  So I turned my EQ2 preorder into a WoW CE preorder along with my husband's CE preorder.  We played beta and release, then took a break.  Then came back and played and took another break.  Rinse repeat, a few times over.  But suffice to say, we've gone back to WoW at least half a dozen times so far.  Like many others, we've made friends and lost friends over the game.  We've also (multiple times) swore off playing with RL friends anymore.  

As I mentioned, when we bought our original copies, we preordered CE's.  We did the same for BC.  We were on one of our breaks during the WotLK release, so didn't even buy the expansion until our return about 6 months after the expansion's release.  We had kicked ourselves for it.  So now I've been wondering (and here's one of my guilty admissions):  Even though I'm (we're) not currently playing the game... should I preorder CE's?  I don't want to miss out again like with did with WotLK.  But I'm not sure if I can justify 2 CE's for a game we're not currently playing.

Our last break from the game was sometime around May or June of this year.  The causes varied.  We were tired of the game being more work than fun.  There was too much guild drama.  Our guild collapsed.  Etc.  So here's my other guilty admission.... my account is still open.  Why?  Well, I don't want to miss out on the anniversary pet this year (I have missed out a few years in the past).  I haven't decided if I'm through with the game for a longer period of time or not. 

And all this damn talk of Cataclysm and all the info on 4.0 that's been pouring out... I've actually been trying for me and the hubby to decide if we want to go back anytime soon.  Ugh what to do.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By melcene

It's hard not to think about WoW when there's all this talk of 4.0 out, and Cata coming very soon. 

My history with WoW is a long and sordid one.  Back before WoW I was an EQ player.  Given that EQ2 was coming out at about the same time as WoW, I kind of expected to be going to EQ2 instead of WoW.  I actually had it preordered.  But it turned out that my husband, and a fair amount of our RL friends were all going to WoW.  In fact, we had gotten into the beta shortly before it went open.  So I turned my EQ2 preorder into a WoW CE preorder along with my husband's CE preorder.  We played beta and release, then took a break.  Then came back and played and took another break.  Rinse repeat, a few times over.  But suffice to say, we've gone back to WoW at least half a dozen times so far.  Like many others, we've made friends and lost friends over the game.  We've also (multiple times) swore off playing with RL friends anymore.  

As I mentioned, when we bought our original copies, we preordered CE's.  We did the same for BC.  We were on one of our breaks during the WotLK release, so didn't even buy the expansion until our return about 6 months after the expansion's release.  We had kicked ourselves for it.  So now I've been wondering (and here's one of my guilty admissions):  Even though I'm (we're) not currently playing the game... should I preorder CE's?  I don't want to miss out again like with did with WotLK.  But I'm not sure if I can justify 2 CE's for a game we're not currently playing.

Our last break from the game was sometime around May or June of this year.  The causes varied.  We were tired of the game being more work than fun.  There was too much guild drama.  Our guild collapsed.  Etc.  So here's my other guilty admission.... my account is still open.  Why?  Well, I don't want to miss out on the anniversary pet this year (I have missed out a few years in the past).  I haven't decided if I'm through with the game for a longer period of time or not. 

And all this damn talk of Cataclysm and all the info on 4.0 that's been pouring out... I've actually been trying for me and the hubby to decide if we want to go back anytime soon.  Ugh what to do.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By melcene

So I'm pretty sure I've decided to preorder 2 CEs. Gonna have to do it through Best Buy or something at this point. And went and patched everything yesterday. Thinking this weekend I'll log in my 80s and distribute their talent points and check stuff out a little at the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.