Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

How likely are you to play this again?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How likely are you to play this again? (147 votes)

Currently Playing 17%
    Maybe in the next Expansion 27%
    Never played, Never Will 16%
    Played for years, not interested now 32%
    Whats World of Warcraft? 3%
    See Results 5%

A friend of mine and i were talking about the next Xpac, and we were curious how many people planned to play this game again?

Vote!!

• 
    BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also: if you'd play again if:

"Id play if my friends got it"

Post below!

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
    deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm taking a break from it right now, but will definitely go back for WoD.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never touched it, one of the few. Afraid I might like it.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They recently had MoP for $10 so I picked it up and subscribed for a month after not playing for more than 2 years, hit lvl 90 with my main, ran a few heroics, and haven't played since. I may pick it up again when the next expansion comes out if the friends start playing again, but I may just end up waiting for it to be cheap in 2 years or so and do the same thing.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played for a few months when the game was pretty new, got bored fast. If I ever do decide to get back in a MMO it will be EVE Online.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played this game from 2004-2011. To say that I'm burnt out on the MMO genre is an understatement. I didn't even touch Mists of Pandaria, and I doubt this next expansion is going to change anything. Though I am glad that they're giving the spotlight to the Draenei, since they've been insignificant to the overall story ever since Burning Crusade.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing as I do once every year or so, want to get a max lvl toon before new expo

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm in the boat of "Never played, can't afford the monthly fee, really hoping it goes completely F2P before they kill it completely." I've actually never really played an MMO at all because of this dilemma.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I have never enjoyed my time with it, but I have a friend who always plays it and every year or so he manages to convince me that this time will be different and I try it for a month. It never sticks.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it with a bunch of friends for a few years. Eventually everyone quit one by one. So did i. Unless i get convinced by a bunch of friends to play again, im done.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0%

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I played a long time ago. Haven't touched it in years and years. I was recently talking to a friend of mine who is still an active raider. As I was listening to him talk about the game, it was all so foreign to me that he may as well have been speaking a different language.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tried the starter edition a couple times and never got into it. That probably has less to do with the games quality and more to do with the fact that I just don't really "get" MMORPGS.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100% likely. I haven't played "seriously" since BC, but every time an expansion comes out, I'll take a few weeks, hit the level cap, quest out most of the zones, do some very early raids before getting bored with the grind and quitting again. I'm actually looking forward to the Warlords expansion, it's been awhile!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By SMTDante89

Haven't played it at all, doubt I ever will. I just don't seem to stick around with MMORPGs for very long, and I doubt World of Warcraft would change that so I never bothered to get started.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played in vanilla and stuck through to about a month into Wrath and quit. Came back about two months after Cataclysm launched and stayed with that until the day it ended. Didn't buy Mists, no intention or interest in buying whatever the new expansion is. In fact I have so little interest I don't even know what it is called and only know you go back to outland for some reason.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By emprpngn

Never played it. At this point, I think I like the mystery of what it could be more than whatever it actually is.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it for 8(I think) years, I bought on launch day, quit after I killed the Lich King.

Game's end game content got really easy, and the badge system was an awful idea.

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quit after earning the "Death's Demise" title - I had a blast endgame raiding, but after several years of solid raiding, I grew tired of the timesink and kicked the habit.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll play it again if I get into a beta for some Blizzard game and then sell the key for $250, seemed to work out well the last time.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this for years, mainly as a dedicated raider. I really liked it when it was new, but after a few years of playing, I totally lost interest. I just don't have the interest to do the same grindy things over and over again.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I played for a month and only a month. I haven't gone back since, and I never will. Diablo is all the Blizzard I need, really. :p

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By zor

I was thinking about it for a long time, but i decided that i shoudn't. My backlog of games is over 50 long, and i don't have the time to spend in a mmo... but then again...

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never go back. 6 years was enough.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, and a lot of my raiding guild, ended up quitting around the end of Wrath of the Lich King after we finally finished Heroic 25-man Lich King and got our "the Light of Dawn" titles. The amount of raiding hours we had to put in every week just burned people out. The heavy amount of nostalgia I have for the game does make me miss it at times though. I'm not sure I could go back with the current state of the stats/numbers in the game. They are seriously ridiculous.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Fewer and fewer people I used to play with still play and the breaks I take from it are getting longer, and I usually pick up another MMO in its place, but I keep coming back to WoW. I think I'm done until at least WoD though. I've invested far too much time and still enjoy it to be able to ignore an expansion completely.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Never again. Playing it was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I play it but about to stop again. Left for a couple years and now I just come back when expansions come out and I see whats new for awhile, then leave again. My guild has about 350 people in it but when I log in now there's only a couple people on so it feels pretty dead.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably check it out at some point, but I've mostly lost my patience with WoW. I played heavily up until TotC game out during Wrath, then quit, came back for another month or so at the end of Wrath, quit, signed up for that year of WoW to get Diablo III free (I didn't think the game was worth buying as a sequel to Diablo II because I didn't like the direction they were going with everything when I played it in the beta (I was right)) during Cata and played it casually for another 3-4 months, quit, came back when MoP was on sale for $15-20 and played for like 2-3 weeks, but I didn't even hit 90 before I'd had enough.

I read about the changes from Blizzcon (I guess they were from Blizzcon?) that they're making to a bunch of the stats and systems and mechanics and stuff, and a lot of it is stuff I've been wanting them to do since fucking BC, so I'm at least intrigued by the thought of playing again. We'll have to see what other MMOs are out around then and how they compare; I'm almost guaranteed to be more interested in a new MMO (like Wildstar or something) than I am to be jumping back into WoW yet another time. It's much more fun to explore a totally new gameworld and learn new mechanics than it is to retread the same familiar ground from a decade ago with some slight mechanical tweaks: too often I just end up wishing they hadn't changed everything.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I currently playing it right now (Blizzard sent me 7 free days of game time for some reason) and I'll probably re-up when the new expansion comes out. But so far...I don't know. I'm not too into it. I have a level 90 but I'm always scared to jump into heroics as a healer because of how on and off I play. I never remember my rotations or anything when I jump back in. I started a new character last night who's at level 16 right now and questing was a real shitty experience. Maybe Ghostlands is just a bad area but I had zero fun getting to this point. Now I have the dungeon finder so I'll probably just grind out levels by running dungeons now but yeah....I don't know.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played for like a month like 2 years ago. Had some fun with it, but I will never play it again. No interest whatsoever.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of got it in my head that I'd resub once they launched new character models like two years ago when I stopped playing. And, well, they're doing that. So I'm gonna resub for WoD. Priorities, you know?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently "playing", as in logging maybe 2-4 times a week to level an alt or to do some old raids. The game has changed a lot, but one of the better reasons for my inactivity is the fact that most people I've known since starting it (early 2006) have quit by now. They really were enough of a reason to log, even if you sometimes wouldn't do anything else than chat with them for a few hours or so.

But like in the past, my WoW activity gets a surge with the new expansion.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are basically the results i expected. I figured i'd see more interest in the new expansion though.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

If I had the time, I'd play again. Can't say I miss it too much though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said played for years but never again. That's not entirely accurate. I only played for a few months, but I was pretty dedicated during that time. It practically served as my one source of social activity during that time. I was working third shift and living pretty far from my friends. Things eventually changed and I fell off that game real quick. Not sure which happened first. If I ever returned, it'd only be to see how wildly different things are now. I have no interest in playing again.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

WoW feels pretty stale and with these new consoles out, I doubt I'll both returning.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played it, never will.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

usually hop in every expansion to see what's changed and then interest wanes about a month after.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#40  Edited By BeachThunder
    Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im waiting for it to go f2p so I can go back to it... so many good memories.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.