Mists of Pandaria, next expansion..BECOME THE PANDA!

#1 Posted by Generic_Ninja (131 posts) -

You put a Panda into a video game as a playable race, im back in Blizzard.

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4800 posts) -

Fuck. Yes.

#3 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Fuck. Wut?!

#4 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Fucking Pandas, man!

#5 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

Also a new Monk class.

#6 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

Fucking pandas with a fucking panda pet! Think about it. Think about it!

#7 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I remember looking through the Warcraft 1 and 2 instruction books as a kid and marveling over the gritty self-serious orc artwork and thinking about how awesome Azeroth was. The tone of Warcraft today is a far cry from what it used to be. Chris Metzen, I am disappoint.

#8 Posted by avidwriter (665 posts) -

@Generic_Ninja said:

So Alliance? Whoever gets Panda's is going to be completely ruined by kids and youngin's 15 and under. GG.

#9 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

Really? The people who aren't playing WoW love the idea, and the people who love WoW as it is are losing their shit. What in the actual fuck? Are people actually excited to get into WoW now?

#10 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

you know, my initial gut reaction was: yeah, im not going back to wow" since i quit each xpac faster and faster (i only played about 3-4 months of cata before quitting, havent played since may) and nothing has made me resub lately, not even the new patch which in the old days would...

... but then i thought "so no release date for Pandaria, so its probably holiday 2012 the earliest, january-feb 2013 the latest" as most wow x-pacs are from announcement to release, so if i DO actually go the next year without playing wow, which would make it a year and a half since i quit in may like i said, i probably WOULD be about ready to try a Panda monk, at least for 1 month of sub

#11 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

So their years old april fools joke is the best they can come up with for a multi-billion dollar game's latest expansion?...

I played a fair amount of WoW back in the day and don't see any appeal in this, but I guess it's what people still playing WoW want, right?

#12 Posted by JustKamToo (724 posts) -

ah fuck you blizzard I kicked the wow habit! fuck you! ah Panda's? take my money now!

#13 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

For some reason my World of Warcraft account I haven't played since December was banned.

What the fuck Blizzard.

#14 Posted by Veilor (84 posts) -

Pandas will be playable by both factions.

#15 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1312 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish: Chances are someone stole it, and Blizzard banned it. Send an e-mail.

#16 Posted by SithToast (168 posts) -

WoW Annual Pass:

#17 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

This news could not make me any happier.

#18 Posted by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

Next expansion: Catering towards my little pony fetishists

#19 Posted by Muerthoz (351 posts) -

I saw that they filed for the copyright for this a couple months ago. Good to see some actual details now. Not sure if it's enough to bring me back though.

Who am I kidding? I'll order the collectors edition play for about 4 months and realize that the reason I quit in the first place is because I don't really get anywhere. OK Blizzard, hurry up. I would like to get this all over with as soon as possible.

#20 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

damnit!!!!!!   k gonna roll a pandarian like i've always wanted to since wow was first released but was dissapointed that i couldn't.   

Is pandarian a neutral race (meaning both horde and alliance will get to be a panda)?

#21 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Hooray eleven classes times three specs each to balance for PvE and PvP!

#22 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

For some reason my World of Warcraft account I haven't played since December was banned. What the fuck Blizzard.

Probably got stolen. Try logging in to battle.net. When mine got stolen they changed my password.

#23 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

For some reason my World of Warcraft account I haven't played since December was banned. What the fuck Blizzard.

Probably got stolen. Try logging in to battle.net. When mine got stolen they changed my password.

Battle.net still works. I don't even know how this is possible.
#24 Posted by CaptainCody (1521 posts) -

I fucking called this a year ago and called the name of TES V right after Oblivion, where are these wizard powers coming from.

#25 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

They said PvE Scenarios.

If that's anything even close to the skirmish system in Lotro I am resubbing for the rest of my life.
Content that scales with groupsize/level? Fuck, yes.

#26 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Battle.net still works. I don't even know how this is possible.

You should e-mail them. There should be an "Account Recovery" option on the site. The same thing happened to me a couple times.

#27 Edited by Vager (1654 posts) -

Details of the Pet Battle system are appearing.

It's pretty much Pokemon in World of Warcraft.

They have they're own version of the Pokedex for crying out load.

#28 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

Seriously, the entirety of this expansion sounds like they are literally creating World of Warcraft 2. They are changing EVERYTHING about this!

Hunters have no melee weapons anymore, but no minimum range on their weapon? Other classes have no ranged weapon slot anymore? No more relics? Public quests? Three new battlegrounds, one of which is FUCKING MURDERBALL?!

PET BATTLES?! BRINGING POKEMANS INTO WOW?! FUCK YES!

I might have to sub again finally!

MMO Champion is updating info as it comes out: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

#29 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

@avidwriter said:

@Generic_Ninja said:

So Alliance? Whoever gets Panda's is going to be completely ruined by kids and youngin's 15 and under. GG.

Available to both. They get to pick what faction to join at level 10 or something like that.

#30 Posted by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

@gakon said:

Hooray eleven classes times three specs each to balance for PvE and PvP!

Except that talent trees as they are now are going away and are turning into just one tree per class, so that's a considerable amount of less balance they're going to have to worry about. Each class will still have three specializations, mind you, but the talents themselves will at least be a lot easier for them to work with and around.

#31 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3243 posts) -

There's a new expansion?

#32 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

On top of this being goofy as fuck they've also announced that they're bringing Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery back as level 90 dungeons.

Yeah no thanks Blizzard, Cataclysm was bad enough with the rehashing. I won't be resubbing for this mess.

#33 Edited by StarvingGamer (8549 posts) -

Can't wait to drop another $80 on a big WoW box then cancel my sub after 3 months.

Tauren Brewmaster FTW

#34 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

The Pandarian's are cool, but the Monk class is really what's going to get me to resub. That class looks awesome and pretty versatile.

#35 Posted by Brendan (8124 posts) -

@Captain_Felafel said:

Fucking pandas with a fucking panda pet! Think about it. Think about it!

Is WoW tackling the issue of slavery now?

#36 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4800 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

They said PvE Scenarios. If that's anything even close to the skirmish system in Lotro I am resubbing for the rest of my life. Content that scales with groupsize/level? Fuck, yes.

Omg someone else here who plays LotRO and loves skirmishes as much as I do. Internet high-five!

#37 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

They said PvE Scenarios. If that's anything even close to the skirmish system in Lotro I am resubbing for the rest of my life. Content that scales with groupsize/level? Fuck, yes.

Omg someone else here who plays LotRO and loves skirmishes as much as I do. Internet high-five!

Lotro players represent! Fuck yeah!
Skirmishes are the best concept ever in an mmo for the singleplayer who dislikes random groups (or if you want to focus on content doable by two players!)
Its quick, its awesome, it scales and its rewarding you no matter how you play them.
Skirmishes yay!
#38 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

@Sooty:They seem to know what their user base wants. I think scholo and scarlet monastery coming back drew the most applause from anything in the feature list that they talked about from when I was watching the panels. Not saying it's for you of course, just that it IS what their customers seem to want.

#39 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@AyKay_47 said:

Really? The people who aren't playing WoW love the idea, and the people who love WoW as it is are losing their shit. What in the actual fuck? Are people actually excited to get into WoW now?

As someone who isn't a WoW player.. I think this is incredibly awesome, but I can see why those invested into the lore might have a problem with this. It seems very jokey, which might be fine as a small piece of extra content or even a holiday celebration, but a full expansion might be taking it a bit too far.

#40 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I would like to tell myself that I am not going to get that, and restart my account with an annual pass..... but I would be lying. Diablo 3 for free with annual pass? Yes please. Pandas? Hell yes.

#41 Posted by BigBlueCheese (68 posts) -

I got bored of WoW during Firelands. And this new expansion news doesn't appeal to me.

Sure it fits into the Warcraft lore but Kung Fu pandas look pretty stupid. And a pokemon style battle system for non-combat pets as a major talking point? Not really something to get excited about.

But including Diablo 3 with a year subscription is pretty smart I'll say that much. A fixed revenue for 12 months. Still, rather save and just buy D3 on its own.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.