Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

My casting suggestions for World of Warcraft : The Movie

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By demonbear

So it's true. A WoW movie is in the works and now Sam Raimi is onboard to direct this. Now that we know the project is in competent hands, there's 2 questions left :

- What's gonna be the story?
     - What's the cast?

I'm actually excited about this since Raimi did a great job on the Spiderman movies and im a huge Evil Dead fan. So lets play, throw ideas and suggestions for your story and cast! Here's mine!

Story :
    I go for the obvious, The Rise and Fall of Arthas, the Lich King and i'd do it Star Wars style. After all, Arthas is our Darth Vador. So yeah, basically, i'd tell the Warcraft 3 story. On one side, you have Thrall, the young warchief, getting is people to safety in Kalimdor and creating an alliance with the Tauren. On the other side, you tell the story of young prince Arthas slipping into madness and killing is father. I'd end the movie with Arthas going to northrend. The 2nd movie would be about Arthas killing is father. 3rd movie would be up for suggestion.

Cast :

My Cast would be :

Arthas

No Caption Provided

Vladimir Kulich ( 13th Warrior )

No Caption Provided

Uther the Lightbringer

No Caption Provided

Ron Pearlman ( Outlander )

No Caption Provided

Thrall

No Caption Provided

Sala Baker ( LOTR )

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jaina Proudmoore

No Caption Provided

Scarlett Johansson ( Goddess among men, we're not worthy! )

No Caption Provided

Medivh

No Caption Provided

Terry O'Quinn ( Lost )

No Caption Provided

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demonbear

So it's true. A WoW movie is in the works and now Sam Raimi is onboard to direct this. Now that we know the project is in competent hands, there's 2 questions left :

- What's gonna be the story?
     - What's the cast?

I'm actually excited about this since Raimi did a great job on the Spiderman movies and im a huge Evil Dead fan. So lets play, throw ideas and suggestions for your story and cast! Here's mine!

Story :
    I go for the obvious, The Rise and Fall of Arthas, the Lich King and i'd do it Star Wars style. After all, Arthas is our Darth Vador. So yeah, basically, i'd tell the Warcraft 3 story. On one side, you have Thrall, the young warchief, getting is people to safety in Kalimdor and creating an alliance with the Tauren. On the other side, you tell the story of young prince Arthas slipping into madness and killing is father. I'd end the movie with Arthas going to northrend. The 2nd movie would be about Arthas killing is father. 3rd movie would be up for suggestion.

Cast :

My Cast would be :

Arthas

No Caption Provided

Vladimir Kulich ( 13th Warrior )

No Caption Provided

Uther the Lightbringer

No Caption Provided

Ron Pearlman ( Outlander )

No Caption Provided

Thrall

No Caption Provided

Sala Baker ( LOTR )

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jaina Proudmoore

No Caption Provided

Scarlett Johansson ( Goddess among men, we're not worthy! )

No Caption Provided

Medivh

No Caption Provided

Terry O'Quinn ( Lost )

No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Dood, Kulich is a good choice.  He was the only good part of The 13th Warrior.

I don't know if I agree with the rest, though.  I still feel like The Rock would be a great Thrall.

Scarlett Johansson isn't one of my favorite actresses (hot as all Hell, but I'm not a fan of her work).  Nonetheless, she fits the look well.

Uther the Lightbringer would be an interesting casting decision any way you go with it, but I doubt they'll have him in the movie...for obvious reasons.  The same goes with Medivh.  In flashback or ghost form, maybe.  Even then, I don't really know about putting Ron Perlman in as Uther.

Nonetheless, good job thinking outside the normal box, sir.  The real question is this:  who is going to play Sargeras?  Frankly, I love the character of Sargeras, and I think far more needs to be said about him...the way that it has started turning out in World of Warcraft.  There's so much finally coming out about Sargeras and Kil'jaeden in the story that it's the only thing that kept me playing the game.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demonbear

The only thing with Kulich is that this was back in 1999, dude is a bit older now, probably too old to play arthas, My backup plan would be James Caviezel. The guy is an intense actor, get him a blond wig and he'll show you.

For the Rock as Thrall like i said in another post i dont think the rock would accept a role where you dont see him like he is. The guy always takes roles that are fitting his image as a wrestler, you need an actor with experience with prostectics. Acting with all that stuff on your face is an art.

Johansson is a bomb and she authentic, it'd fit the role.

For Uther and Mediv i think they would be in the movie, i think you see the WoW movie too big, im pretty sure they wont cover the WHOLE wow story in one film, they will split it in many films. Thats why i think the first film would cover from the WAR3 humain campaing beginning to Arthas going after Frostmourne in Northrend.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @jakob187 said:
     The real question is this:  who is going to play Sargeras?
    Crispin Glover.

It'd make as much sense as him playing Grendel.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @demonbear said:
    "For Uther and Mediv i think they would be in the movie, i think you see the WoW movie too big, im pretty sure they wont cover the WHOLE wow story in one film, they will split it in many films. Thats why i think the first film would cover from the WAR3 humain campaing beginning to Arthas going after Frostmourne in Northrend. "
    Understandable, but I just don't think they are going to bust out with The Frozen Throne for their starting story.  I mean, yeah...it'd be fucking cool to see Uther and Medivh and whatnot...but I'll almost bet that they'll play off the stories going on in WoW.  That's why I mention Sargeras and Kil'jaeden.  Given that Sargeras is the mastermind behind all of the shit that goes down in the mythos behind Warcraft, I would LOVE to see him happen...

...but I know it won't.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demonbear

Honestly, we'll be lucky if any characters we know show up at all.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By giyanks22

Kulich is a good choice....
    Scarlett Johansson is a great choice, she's easy on the eyes and she ain't to bad an actress either.

You know the movie Home Alone 3...she plays the kid's older sister in that movie...
    She's real ugly in that...boy did she pan out nice.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By demonbear

Scarlett, i'll admit is a choice driven more by my personnal attraction to her than anything else. I love that woman.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By giyanks22

Kulich is a good choice....
    Scarlett Johansson is a great choice, she's easy on the eyes and she ain't to bad an actress either.

You know the movie Home Alone 3...she plays the kid's older sister in that movie...
    She's real ugl

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Kazu666
    @jakob187:
    Chris Metzen has already said it's gunna be set a year before WoW and will be based around a 'kick-ass Human character' (a new character). So i doubt Sargeras will be showing up, especially considering he's dead xP 

The Dark Portal also wouldn't be open, so anything related to Outland is also out of the question :P

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Kazu666

Eep double post, may aswell use it to say that this is a WARCRAFT movie, not a WoW movie (me being silly and slightly pedantic i know) but still...xD

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By demonbear
    @Kazu666 said:
    " @jakob187:
    Chris Metzen has already said it's gunna be set a year before WoW and will be based around a 'kick-ass Human character' (a new character). So i doubt Sargeras will be showing up, especially considering he's dead xP 

The Dark Portal also wouldn't be open, so anything related to Outland is also out of the question :P

"
    Yeah i've read that IGN article too, and seriously, think about it. Making a warcraft movie that is anything else than about Arthas is a very, very stupid decision. I really hope they dont go the " new kickass character " way because it's been tried in the past and it failed every time..... Stick to what works, stick to the story we really want to see onscreen.

I want to see Arthas sticking Frostmourne up is father's ass!
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Xandurson

I kinda like your suggestions for the cast. It's funny two months ago I wouldn't have cared for the movie but, now that I've played WoW for a little over a month and liked it, I can't wait for this movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.