Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

My opinions on 3.2 (so far)

Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

Edited By Clbull

I have been playing a bit on the 3.2 PTR, and to be honest here, I haven't actually tested an awful lot of changes (like the new raid and 5 man, and the battleground levelling.) But heres my opinion on the upcoming changes anyway:

Trial of the Crusader

At first, I wasn't that interested in seeing this new raid, until I found out that it was going to provide the next tier of content. To me, it just seemed like a few Arena bosses that you had to fight, but with no trash mobs. However, there are rumours that the Scourge are going to intervene in this tournament, and that the rumoured final boss is going to be Anub'arak, the undead king of Azjol-Nerub who we last fought in a 5 man Heroic.

When I first did Azjol-Nerub, I was quite disappointed that Anub'arak had such a minor role to play in Wrath, seeing as he was one of the Scourge to travel with Arthas during Warcraft III. However, if the rumours are true, then there could be an interesting plot twist. Also, I haven't tested any of this raid, but I think it could be good.

Trial of the Champion
    As a Hunter currently doing tier 7 content, I think the fact that this dungeon is going to drop item level 200 and 213 items is good, including a decent ranged weapon. However, I am not very interested in this 5 man, although a showdown with the Black Knight could be good. As with TotC, I haven't tested these changes.

Resilience Buff
    I have felt like I've taken less damage in PvP. Then again, this could be because I have mostly done PvP with a premade character with full Deadly Gladiator and Tier 8. But I do think that making players take less damage is a good idea, because burst can be overpowered at times.

Battleground Levelling
    I think this could be a good change, and if it turns out successful, then it could provide a good alternative to questing which can get repetitive over 80 levels. I haven't managed to test this yet but I'd imagine that it would be a good change.

XP Freezing

I can see two very good effects of this feature:
    1) Twinks are separated from levellers, meaning no getting destroyed by twinks with thousands of health, and very powerful enchants/gear when trying to level up through a battleground.
    2) The ability to freeze xp gains at a certain level (e.g. 60 and 70) and do old content, since classic/TBC guilds have formed.

Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clbull

I have been playing a bit on the 3.2 PTR, and to be honest here, I haven't actually tested an awful lot of changes (like the new raid and 5 man, and the battleground levelling.) But heres my opinion on the upcoming changes anyway:

Trial of the Crusader

At first, I wasn't that interested in seeing this new raid, until I found out that it was going to provide the next tier of content. To me, it just seemed like a few Arena bosses that you had to fight, but with no trash mobs. However, there are rumours that the Scourge are going to intervene in this tournament, and that the rumoured final boss is going to be Anub'arak, the undead king of Azjol-Nerub who we last fought in a 5 man Heroic.

When I first did Azjol-Nerub, I was quite disappointed that Anub'arak had such a minor role to play in Wrath, seeing as he was one of the Scourge to travel with Arthas during Warcraft III. However, if the rumours are true, then there could be an interesting plot twist. Also, I haven't tested any of this raid, but I think it could be good.

Trial of the Champion
    As a Hunter currently doing tier 7 content, I think the fact that this dungeon is going to drop item level 200 and 213 items is good, including a decent ranged weapon. However, I am not very interested in this 5 man, although a showdown with the Black Knight could be good. As with TotC, I haven't tested these changes.

Resilience Buff
    I have felt like I've taken less damage in PvP. Then again, this could be because I have mostly done PvP with a premade character with full Deadly Gladiator and Tier 8. But I do think that making players take less damage is a good idea, because burst can be overpowered at times.

Battleground Levelling
    I think this could be a good change, and if it turns out successful, then it could provide a good alternative to questing which can get repetitive over 80 levels. I haven't managed to test this yet but I'd imagine that it would be a good change.

XP Freezing

I can see two very good effects of this feature:
    1) Twinks are separated from levellers, meaning no getting destroyed by twinks with thousands of health, and very powerful enchants/gear when trying to level up through a battleground.
    2) The ability to freeze xp gains at a certain level (e.g. 60 and 70) and do old content, since classic/TBC guilds have formed.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Happy
    I really hope they bring back Anub'arak either now or later. I all ways thought it was such an anti-climatic fight for a hero character from Warcraft III.
    @Clbull
    said:
    Battleground Levelling
    I'll probably re-open my account for at least a month just for this change. But if the lower brackets are as empty as I fear they will be it probably won't stay interesting very long. My favorite moments in WoW were always in sub max level Battlegrounds.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen

I'm going to activate my account when 3.2 hits to try the new BG and all the new shaman stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.