Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

My own client side WoW server

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By McPaper

Here is some background: I don't really have any interest in playing World of Warcraft however I am very interested in the world itself. I think it has some of the greatest fantasy inspired locations in gaming.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knew a program or method for me to connect to my own private offline server so I could experience the world whenever I wanted to, also with administrative game master powers. I am really interested in the vast amount of content within the game and I would like to access all the client side information whenever I felt like it.

I figure I am allowed to do this since i have bought the disk and wont be accessing Blizzard-side information which is the basis of their monthly fee.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Technically, I think it is illegal. But anyways, I don't know how you would set up your own server but if you google for private servers you can find them all over the place.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

It's illegal for us to discuss such things.

However, there ARE such ways. Keep searching, true believer.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By torus

Client-side server is an oxymoron. You mean a listen server.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McPaper

I figured it would be ok to do this since I would only use the the information the disk/my computer.

I realise there are private servers but that isn't exactly what I am asking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.