Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Need help installing

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Drizzle

I just recently purchased the battle chest and tried to install, first thing that happens when i put in the disc is it prompts me to install burning crusade, this makes no sense wouldn't i need to download WoW first then the BC

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene

I haven't seen the battlechest in a while, but doesn't it come with WoW and BC?  I mean, dumb question, but are you sure you have the right disk in?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

Just click next, that's how you install everything.

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Drizzle

Ya it has 2 disc, i put it in the one labeled "DVD Disc 1" and it begins to download the burning crusade, i went to my bnet account and authenticated both games and am dling WoW vanilla off their client is there anyway to download burning crusade off there without putting the disc in?

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MadeinFinland

Well, who cares the order as long as it all goes in? 
    Will it not let you continue? or were you just curious as to the order?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene
    @The_Drizzle said:
    " Ya it has 2 disc, i put it in the one labeled "DVD Disc 1" and it begins to download the burning crusade, i went to my bnet account and authenticated both games and am dling WoW vanilla off their client is there anyway to download burning crusade off there without putting the disc in? "
    Yeah you can do it all online as long as you've entered the game key and your account shows as being activated for BC.
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Drizzle

Thank you for your help, i look at my summary of games and it just shows burning crusade but when i click the "+" it shows World of Warcraft under that, does it just stack and show the latest expansions instead separate entities

*Edit* ok so the client has popped up and is im assuming patching everything through the "Step 1, Step 2, Step 3" process, once this completes how would i go about installing burning crusade through battle.net online, and i apologize for all the questions but i'm completely new to WoW

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hunkulese

Yeah don't bother with the disks. The patch you end up having to download is probably pretty close to the size of the client.  

Go to battle.net and punch in all your keys and download the client. You'll have everything associated with your account. You can't have the burning crusade without world of warcraft. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think the client download includes everything available right now and it's just a matter of which stuff is unlocked for you to have access too. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.