Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

New to WoW

cobble75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By cobble75

Hi everyone. Seeing all the excitement for Cataclysm I have decided to reactivate my Wow account and get caught up on all the expansions. I only played for about 8 months after release and then moved on. How hard is it going to be to get into? With everyone having a whole library of 80's am I going to be left out in the lurch. I don't expect to ever catch up. I really just want to experience some content before it all changes. Any adivice for a new player? I never liked using mods but with all the changes in the UI are there any I really should use? Back when i played you couldn't live without the quest helper mod. 

I havent rolled a toon yet so if anyone has any friendly guilds that doesn't mind a newbie let me know :)
    Chadwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chadwick

Plenty of features that mods have brought to the table are now implemented into the default UI (quest helper included). It's not necessary to install any, especially if you're not taking the game seriously.

cobble75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cobble75

Thanks for the tip :)
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

STOP TALKING ABOUT WOW.  You're making it very difficult for people who are trying to stay clean.

cobble75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cobble75

Is there a GB guild?
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @cobble75 said:
    " Is there a GB guild? "
    One might be starting up when Cataclysm comes out but I don't think there is one right now.
    Auset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Auset

You should be fine. They've made it so much easier to level. You don't need as much xp per level and if you get bored with questing easily like I do, you can gain xp via battlegrounds now.

Once you hit 80, use the group finder to farm heroics. Bosses drop emblems that allow you to buy purples. You'll have a decent epic gear set within a few weeks of being 80.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Arbie

Don't worry about not being 80. All those folk with a million 80's also spend time lvling alts so you'll almost always be able to get into a group for an instance using the group finder if you get bored of questing!

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andrela

Use the group finder to do instances as soon as you hit lvl 15.

Go onto the realm forums for the server you play and try and find a guild of people who are rerolling chars in  the run-up to cata. You'd be surprised how many people are doing this now that its so easy. I've already gotten a priest and warrior to 80 for my friends in the last 2 months, Levelling is no big deal now. 

Addons arent a necessary thing as much as they once were. Don't sweat about it.

Keep us updated if you need any advice or anything

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

n008

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By apoptosis61

play 2 hours per day and you are full gear etc. in like 1-2 months max

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sadisticham

Been playing on-off since 2008 or so. STILL yet to get a level 80. Have a level 75 DK right now who i think will be my first 80. So no,..you don't need to worry about much I have fun with it and I've never reached max level.

You get some elitists. I remember a month ago or so i got kicked from a dungeon for not having one of my moves at it's max possible level. Problem was I'd only just leveled and didn't realize it...I'd run that dungeon a ton and NEVER had any issues but still got kicked by elitist snobs. IF you can deal with jerks like that which are rare i find then it's great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.