Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Running World of Warcraft Well

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By DanielJW

Recently my computer broke down, in a rather unfixable manner. So the desicion has been made to get a new computer. My previous one ran WoW ok, but not exactly as well as I'd have liked. I was wondering what I should be looking for in a computer so I can run it at a fairly high quality. Low cost advice would be appreciated, I'm not looking for perfect quality, just good quality.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nasar7

Since no one else has responded...WoW is a pretty old game. Any modern rig should be able to handle this fine. Even if you're not computer savvy, the only thing that needs mentioning I think is to make sure the computer you pick out has a dedicated graphics card, not an onboard/integrated one.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DanielJW
    @Nasar7: Ok so buy one seperate, and don't go with the one that comes with the rig?
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy
    @DanielJW said:
    " @Nasar7: Ok so buy one seperate, and don't go with the one that comes with the rig? "
    Not neccaserily since some computers come prebuilt with a dedicated graphics card. Usually it will say "onboard graphics" or something if its onboard.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanielJW

Alright, if it turns out I do need to buy a card what kind should I be searching for?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

I've always played on high-end gaming rigs, but from what my brother says, any piece of computer hardware dating back to the Cretaceous period should be able to run WoW with little to no issues.  lol

Seriously, though, any baseline computer you get nowadays should be able to hold that game at a consistent 60fps with a good internet connection.  = D
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanielJW

Alright well sounds like I don't have much to worry about then, the computer I played it on was made in 2000, so I guess anything standard now would be a step up. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.