Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Sam Raimi to direct World of Warcarft!

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By wrecks
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

man i have no hopes of this movie being good. 

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Akeldama said:
    " man i have no hopes of this movie being good.  "
    Are you kidding me? Unless Blizzard signs away any control on the movie then it cant be anything les sthan the best video game movie ever made. Maybee the game itself isnt for everyone, but you cant falt Blizzards track record and have you seen the cinimas Blizzard has made over the years? Not to mention the stories and the lore. As long as they get a good team to watch over this movie, it should be gold.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

I can't wait to see a man in a Tauren costume.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akeldama
    @Atramentous said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    Are you kidding me? Unless Blizzard signs away any control on the movie then it cant be anything les sthan the best video game movie ever made. Maybee the game itself isnt for everyone, but you cant falt Blizzards track record and have you seen the cinimas Blizzard has made over the years? Not to mention the stories and the lore. As long as they get a good team to watch over this movie, it should be gold.
    "
    you sir, are an optimist. I am a realist when it comes to video game movies. I would love for you to be correct. 
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jiggah
    @Atramentous said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    "

The moment they said it was live action, they killed it.  Blizzard is great with CGI material.  I'm not sure why they would want to do a live action movie.

If Sam Raimi is truly directing then I want a lot of ridiculousness.  I want Xena/Hercules type of movie with the Ted Raimi/Bruce Campbell cameos.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

sorry to say but the only movies i've actually liked by sam rami are evil dead ones otherwise i've not liked much of his stuff.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Heartagram

This makes me sad because sam raimi should just do more horror movies and fuck off of all these big budget BS movies

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By clubsandwich

sam raimi sucks.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Brendan

Why is Sam Raimi a sure thing?  He directed Spiderman 3, he's not infallible.

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gump

Let's hope that the movie turns out very well.

Sam Raimi is actually one of the best film directors in the industry.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im not an optimist, I just look at the track record here. You scoff becouse of the material that is too be turned into live action but all you need to do is look at the lord of the rings movies. Jackson is a horrid director and he still managed to do a great job there.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Jiggah said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    "
    The moment they said it was live action, they killed it.  Blizzard is great with CGI material.  I'm not sure why they would want to do a live action movie.If Sam Raimi is truly directing then I want a lot of ridiculousness.  I want Xena/Hercules type of movie with the Ted Raimi/Bruce Campbell cameos. "
    What does live action mean today? Its just means that there is atleast one real person standing around infront of a blue screen. 90% of this movie or more will prolly be cgi.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Spiderman 1 and 2 were ok. Will this movie be good? Maybe.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mooshu

Hes directing the WARCRAFT movie, not the WORLD OF WARCRAFT movie.

I wish people would understand that. WoW was not the first flipping game in the franchise.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By sgjackson
    @Mooshu said:
    " Hes directing the WARCRAFT movie, not the WORLD OF WARCRAFT movie.I wish people would understand that. WoW was not the first flipping game in the franchise. "
    It's worth noting that the press release on Blizzard's website backs this up. Calling it a Warcraft movie makes it slightly more palatable, I think, as a plot for a Warcraft movie is a hell of a lot easier to imagine than one for a World of Warcraft movie. My hopes for this are still low, though.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 71Ranchero

I dont see how it makes any difference. Warcraft and WoW share the same lore, and WoW in general has more lore and story in it then most single player rpgs. Granted they wont be making a movie based on "collect me some bags of grain" quests, but there is a TON of material in there that can be culled.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mooshu

Mine aren't super high either, but still.. There hasn't been a director with the same chops as Raimi attached  to a video game to movie adaptation... and theres a first time for everything. We may finally break the taboo. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By maxszy
    @Jiggah said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    "
    The moment they said it was live action, they killed it.  Blizzard is great with CGI material.  I'm not sure why they would want to do a live action movie.If Sam Raimi is truly directing then I want a lot of ridiculousness.  I want Xena/Hercules type of movie with the Ted Raimi/Bruce Campbell cameos. "
    Not sure why they would want to do live action? Maybe just because...they can? :-P

I too wish it was their CGI though. They have some wicked CGI material out there and a full length movie with it would of been just incredible. As for the actual movie, it has promise anyway.
    Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

He chose the wrong Blizzard game.
    Diablo by him would have been awesome

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tebbit

Well, it's not like Blizzard to throw an enormous franchise to the dogs, but then again, Max Payne happened, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By imhuntad

I admit, Blizz has great stories and cinematics, but as a movie i'd just be worn out.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By keyhunter

This movie is going to be full of puppets and gore effects.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine

Sam Raimi is the man, I love the Spiderman movies. To bad I have no interest in World of Warcraft.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CactusWolf

Expect the worst, but hope for the best, I guess.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

Spiderman II remains one of the greatest movies I've ever seen!!! He succumbed to fanboyism and studio pressure and that ruined Spiderman III. 

He is still a great director! And this is great news!
    Movie will be awesome!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Blizzard behind this, I can almost guaranteed that it will be one of the best Video Game movie adaption EVAR : O

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Radar

Blizzard is very careful with their IPs, hopefully they have enough say in the production to make it watchable.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jerr

Why the fuck are they making a WOW movie anyways? I would much rather see Diablo, much better story IMO

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Seedofpower

Just pray it doesn't fall the save Video game to movie curse like all the other ones.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Linkyshinks

"Returning to form"

With some BS American teen slasher?  - LOL  American horror is long dead if Americans think that film is any good.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By wrecks
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " "Returning to form" With some BS American teen slasher?  - LOL  American horror is long dead if Americans think that film is any good. "
    Teen Slasher? What? Huh?  Hey, you should try seeing movies before attempting bash them with completely nonsensical statements.  Or see what real horror fans think of it : http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1667/review
    No Teens, No Slasher = not a teen slasher. And yes, returning to form as in creating the same over the top, in your face, gruesome action and suspense that he started his career with.

There's a talking Demon Goat in it for fucks sake!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Meowayne

I will never be able to forget or forgive Spiderman 3.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PureRok

Why do people keep referring to this as a "World of Warcraft" movie? It's not a World of Warcraft movie. It's a Warcraft movie. It's even called Warcraft (note there is no "World of" before that).

I'm sorry, but World of Warcraft is only a part of the Warcraft series, and not even the best part.

The story will probably be pretty good, regardless of the rest of the film's quality, considering that Chris Metzen is writing for it.

"Writer:

1. Warcraft (2011) (pre-production) (stories)
    2. StarCraft (1998) (VG) (script) (story)
    3. Diablo (1996) (VG) (screenplay) (story)
    4. WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (1996) (VG) (storyline consultant)
    5. WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995) (VG) (writer)" -IMDB
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @wrecks said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " "Returning to form" With some BS American teen slasher?  - LOL  American horror is long dead if Americans think that film is any good. "
    Teen Slasher? What? Huh?  Hey, you should try seeing movies before attempting bash them with completely nonsensical statements.  Or see what real horror fans think of it : http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1667/review
    No Teens, No Slasher = not a teen slasher. And yes, returning to form as in creating the same over the top, in your face, gruesome action and suspense that he started his career with.

There's a talking Demon Goat in it for fucks sake!
    "

Ok so the actors are slightly older than teens, so what, I have seen the crap film and it's no different to a shiity teen slasher in my eyes because it bears all the hallmarks. It features a lame laughable story withterrible cringe worthy acting. The actor who plays the Indian physic needs acting lessons big time, he should take lessons with the Heroes guy lol. The film is not scary in the slightest, not even remotely so, it just makes you laugh in how poor it does a job at conveying real horror which is based in mystic reality. it's nothing more than a gore fest, and even then I've seen far better. In my eyes it will appeal to teens and Hollywood loving Americans, and guess what, it did.

EDIT:

-l lol @ "real Horror fans" (- after posting a link to some lame site)

Does me watching every single Hammer film at the age of 15 make me real enough, Sir ?. That sole reviewer clearly don't know shit about the genre and film as a artistic medium, his review is just as bad as all teh others praising this film, All those reviews make perfect sense to me because American horror fans have been drip fed on BS for so long now.

This new film by Raimi is weak pathetic nonsense compared to ED, the film is complete nonsense in my book, it's so weak, give me a real griity modern British horror flick any day of the week, I am sick of this churned out Hollywood crap.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scooper
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " I can't wait to see a man in a Tauren costume. "
    They're actualy just going to re-use the Godzilla costume and put horns on it.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Brendan said:
    "Why is Sam Raimi a sure thing?  He directed Spiderman 3, he's not infallible. "
    Indeed. While I'm glad this isn't in the hands of Uwe Boll, we must still proceed with caution.
    wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wrecks
    @Linkyshinks:

Silliness. Drag Me to Hell has the same humor, gore and cheezy sensibilities that the Evil Dead series had in spades. It could almost be a sequel to those. 
    And calling bloody disgusting a lame horror fan site really shows you have no clue what you are talking about, and obviously not a horror fan. Roll on Hammertime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.