Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

So this might be really dumb...

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been a pretty serious gamer since about age 5. I'm 23 now. I've never played a minute of WoW. It is currently downloading. This is probably a horrible idea...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

WoW Vanilla is still a lot fun to explore and look around, no idea how much cataclysm improved/fucked that up. BRD is like heaven, could spend years of my life just wandering around there getting more Ironfoes, Circles of Flame, and Master Builder's Shirts; and I probably did spend at least a couple of weeks there real time (took ~175 emp runs to get the first Ironfoe). Every new dungeon (in every MMO pretty much) is just a corridor with 3 bosses, rinse and repeat. BC questing was okay, Wrath questing was easily the best part of that expansion; no idea about the newer expos.

Assuming they never did anything to it Silithus and AQ 20/40 are all pretty sweet. Raiding is a good way to make you hate stupid people.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Your first time is the best time. They really put a lot of work into the world and the story, take your time and treat it more like a single-player RPG than an MMO. It seems like the idiots were writing the story for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 while the talented writers were busy doing WoW.

I'd be really curious to hear about how your experience with WoW goes, being a first-time player this late in the game's life.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

You might catch the WoW bug. If you're prone to regret past transgression against common sense, you might then find yourself regretting a lot about it. However, if you cherish the moment, I can only recommend losing yourself to WoW. Given your passion and commitment, it will be a memorable experience for sure.

That said, this isn't WoW's heyday anymore. Some of the magic it once possessed is lost in time forever. Feel free to prove me wrong. Have a nice stay in Azeroth!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm still playing WoW pretty regularly (though we are on a raid break at the moment until 5.4 hits) feel free to hit me up with any questions regarding the class, game or mechanics within it you may have. Otherwise i will just re-state the sentiments issued by others above me, take your time - explore, read quest dialogue - and dont let other players idiocy or rage blemish your time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Wow is pretty fun. you'll get bored of it but it's a good time while it lasts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.