Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

well I got to 80......

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brockly46

Made it to 80 a couple of weeks ago and I learned that everyone, atleast on my server, only gives a shit about their GS and anyone who doesnt have an equal of greater GS they dont give a shit about raiding or doing anything with them. If I would have known that the whole game revolves around that dumb damn number I wouldnt of worried about playing wow at all. I cancelled my subscription after I came to this realization. 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Uhhh... yea you should have been playing when the game was still good. Don't know what to tell you. (By the way, "when the game was good" means when it still had a level 60 cap.)

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By sjschmidt93

GS? I quit playing wow about 6 months ago, can't say I ever heard "GS".

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Three0neFive

1.) Poke around among the WoW forums, find a good, friendly guild.
    2.) ???
    4.) PROFIT!!!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " GS? I quit playing wow about 6 months ago, can't say I ever heard "GS". "
    Gearscore. Its a number people apply to gear to counteract that they dont have any skill.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

I played one month of World of Warcraft, not my kind of game. I personally found it really boring.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Atramentous said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Gearscore. Its a number people apply to gear to counteract that they dont have any skill. "
    Must be a fairly new term.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Gearscore. Its a number people apply to gear to counteract that they dont have any skill. "
    Must be a fairly new term. "
    Kind of, but its not something Blizzard does. You go to an external website that calculates a score based on your gear.
    sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sdodd02

Lich King made everything way easier, I miss doing Grull's, Mag's, and TK, all those raids that were actually fun....

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

I wish that was the case, my brother's raiding every night. It's eating away at him slowly... He's obsessed with clearing... whatever the toughest instance out there is right now.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Bones8677
    @TooWalrus: Icecrown Citadel, the final dungeon of the expansion. The one all the players have been preparing for. It's Thunderdome, bitch!
    Krixok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Krixok

Jynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jynx
    @Krixok said:
    " @
    Sdodd412   If you aren't doing the Hard Modes of raids, and say WoW is too easy. You are the noob casual.   Hard Modes are what Vanilla raiding was. But now they have an easy mode, so everyone can see the well designed raid. If you played in Vanilla, "When it was good" , you should be doing Hard Modes of raids. They are the same as new content from Vanilla. I played in Vanilla, and only do hard modes from the last patch. So i can never say WoW is too easy, since i am not doing the hard part.  Saying WoW is too easy, without having ever done a hard mode is like saying "Mass Effect is too easy, i played it on easy mode and blew through it.". Either stop QQ'ing, or grow a pair and play "On Hard Mode", then call it too easy when your Ensidia. "
    I guess I agree with you in that respect. I would also add that Grull's and Mags were not particularly hard instances to run as well. It is true though that WoW has lost its appeal to me through the use of their constant gear resets after every major patch. In the past two iterations of WoW, both vanilla and BC you had to push your ass to see the final instance. This time round they made it something that everyone will see. Its given now rather then earned, which it shouldn't be.
    Krixok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Krixok

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ErrorOperator
    @Brockly46 said:
    " Made it to 80 a couple of weeks ago and I learned that everyone, atleast on my server, only gives a shit about their GS and anyone who doesnt have an equal of greater GS they dont give a shit about raiding or doing anything with them. If I would have known that the whole game revolves around that dumb damn number I wouldnt of worried about playing wow at all. I cancelled my subscription after I came to this realization.  "
    I feel that you have misunderstood what actually happens when you get to 80. It is not, "Lets go straight into a raiding guild and raid naxx all day long". When you reach level 80 you still have to do alot of Heroic dungeons to get your gear score up. The reason gear score is there is not because they hate you, its because you simply will not do enough damage to matter.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By sarge1445
    @ErrorOperator: Gearscore is still dumb as shit. I tanked ICC 10 just fine with my guild and my GS is almost 4600 but since im d capped and have enough health i do good granted good is clearing trash and then almost downing suerefang before having to go to work.  I dont mind gear score what i hate is going to trade and seeing looking for 5k GS + for TOC or ICC 10.  I mean ive seen a mage do 5k-7k dps at 4.8 k  GS  gear score is dumb and a lazy way to measure value go back to using armory stats and achievements for god sake
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

run heroics spend badges on "free" 232/245 gear ???? profit.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm sure you could've found a raiding guild to help you. Or utilize the random dungeon finder to gear up the best you can before you go looking for a guild.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Burns098356GX

GS is gearscore. Every item you wear has an item level, obviously higer tier items from lets say Icecrown Citidel are going to be alot higher then Naxx 10. 
    Theres websites out there (wowheroes comes to mind) that read peoples wowarmory pages and pull the information off that, giving you a gear score. 

Unfortunately people want you to be over geared in order for you to be in their groups. 

I'm glad I don't play that game anymore.

Editx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Editx

The problem with WoW now is the community. Back in Vanilla, everything wasn't already explained and planned out for you. You could easily weed out the good players from the bad. Now that it's become World of Mathcraft and the EJ forums effectively figures the best way to do everything the day after any new content appears on the PTR, everyone thinks they're the best player in the world without doing any sort of experimenting on their own.  So now you have a bunch of self-righteous and egotistical dbags running around acting like they know everything about the game. No longer have to think,  everything is already figured out for you.

I cleared MC, BWL, AQ40, and up to Patchwerk in Classic. I cleared every raid in BC and I quit before Ulduar came out (Did all the hard modes in 10 and 25. Only achievement I was missing was Immortal) and the game was nothing near to what Sunwell was in difficulty and I hear it still isn't from my old guild members.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nanikore

Screw GS and PUGS. Join a guild.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By DanielJW

I miss Molten Core. :(

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Uhhh... yea you should have been playing when the game was still good. Don't know what to tell you. (By the way, "when the game was good" means when it still had a level 60 cap.) "
    That's just nostaglia speaking.  Level 60 sucked.  The instances were poorly designed and overly long, farming was a ridiculously tedious endeavor, and every pre-AQ40 raid boss was tank-and-spank.  I'd say Burning Crusade was the the highlight of the game's end-game existence.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @Kombat: Sorry, that's not just nostalgia, that's a fact.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Kombat said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " Uhhh... yea you should have been playing when the game was still good. Don't know what to tell you. (By the way, "when the game was good" means when it still had a level 60 cap.) "
    That's just nostaglia speaking.  Level 60 sucked.  The instances were poorly designed and overly long, farming was a ridiculously tedious endeavor, and every pre-AQ40 raid boss was tank-and-spank.  I'd say Burning Crusade was the the highlight of the game's end-game existence. "
    C'thun is still for me the best boss fight in any game, ever. Like hands down never had more fun on any other fight. Pretty much what Krixok said is correct, hard modes are like vanilla bosses which was great for me. Burning Crusade was too damn easy, though I heard Black Temple and Sunwell were nice and challenging. Sadly I got bored way before that point and quit.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jadeskye

Things have changed from my day. We used to call that the iLevel or item level. 

But i've not played in over a year now.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Coombs

Yep,
    My favorite part about the GS mentality is seeing melee using caster trinks because it has a high GS

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By JoelTGM

Forget about it, you don't want to do raiding anyway.  I tried that stuff, and even though my guild was extremely organized, and we progressed so fast that other guilds suspected we must have had help from one of the recently transferred tier 3 guilds (tier 3 was the highest at that time, I'm sure it's raised since then), but god damn it was so boring and tedious I eventually just logged out forever, and canceled my sub.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.